10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

Just now, Nelius said:

I mean he’s clearly better than Knox considering Knox no longer exists, but that’s a separate gripe 

Well Kincaid is the starter and barely exists.  I'm pretty sure Knox could catch an average of 2 or 3 a game and he's a much better blocker.  Again I don't think he's awful but he's not the great pass catcher we were hoping for.  

Just now, dave mcbride said:

What were they supposed to do given that running would have also resulted in a punt to midfield or worse vs a kicker who can make 65 yarders? Need to get a first there.

You force them to take the timeouts and perhaps you gain a couple yards running the football with Cook, allowing for an easier punt.  If they had done that, Houston must kick the ball after the punt since they'd be out of timeouts.

• Like (+1) 1

I want the whole coaching staff blown up...

But admittedly I'm a little angry right now...

Probably not thinking straight...

I do think it's fair to say if Josh just plays a little better in the 1st half we win pretty easy... But there's still no excuse in the end...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

It makes them USE the timeouts. Their timeouts won them the game. Called a play used the timeout with 2 seconds left.

If we kneeled three times, each play would have taken 2-3 seconds off the clock because the TO would be immediate. Texans would get the ball back with like 20-30 seconds left. Enough time for a play and spike.

Anyway that FG was good even if they didn’t run another play.

• Agree 1

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

It's crazy that people actually think Allen is better than Mahomes 

Until Allen has the benefit of two all-world coordinators like Mahomes does, it’s just not a conversation worth having. 

Allen is literally carrying this coaching staff to any semblance of relevancy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sullim4 said:

You force them to take the timeouts and perhaps you gain a couple yards running the football with Cook, allowing for an easier punt.  If they had done that, Houston must kick the ball after the punt since they'd be out of timeouts.

You gotta try for the first, which was not going to happen running the ball.

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Define what is playing for OT? Running the ball 3 times, so they can use their TOs. I suppose you can say if we made them use it then they wouldn’t have been able to call the TO there. 

Maybe try something like throwing a 6 or 7 yard check down to a rb in the middle of the field which was wide open bc they were playing deep and along the sidelines. I doubt they would use a TO if we pick up some yards on 1st down. Or should have just been playing to get 1 first down. 

Just now, Madmax09 said:

Let’s just call what it is. It took three games for the defenses to catch up Joe Brady. We don’t have enough talent around Josh Allen to attack defenses when we are figured out. Wide receivers give zero separation.  And yet again it looks like another year of wasted talent of Josh Allen. 

And the coaches can't hide behind Allen's heroics anymore. To not have a SB appearance thus far with Allen is a complete failure. What a waste.

• Like (+1) 1

Digs is on the other side remembering exactly why he wanted out. Its Unreal to actually try to go 70 yrds there and hand it right back. 

We have no recievers. Cook was our offense all game and coleman got a mistackle easy one but wr are garbage without shakir.

Rookie saftey got cooked but D got it together just enough to get the W and O cont missed chances. 

How many chances did we have to win that game and the whole team especially the offense, Brady and McDermott blows it with consistently dumb decision making. Beane doesn't get a pass either constantly year after year not providing Josh and the offense with any real decent weapons besides Diggs. The only word that sums it up as I've said a zillion times, is just pathetic and embarrassing week after week year after year. The typical Billsy ending.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1