10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

How tired we gonna get of this crap.

1. WHY DOESNT THE FG BLOCK UNIT HAVE ANYONE——ANYONE——IN THE MIDDLE IF THE LINE?????????????????

Thats why our FGs get blocked….

2. Jesus Christ. We could not get to overtime.

Heres how we can evaluate McDermott’s late game coaching. What’s the time left? What’s the Timeout situation? Score and possession?

We lose games we shouldn’t lose. We are 11-6 instead of 13-4. We can’t get out of our own way in the playoffs.

When is McDermott going to be held accountable?? Because so far HE HAS NOT BEEN! If I’m wrong, please educate me. 

Regular season winners get fired ALL THE TIME. We need to cozy up to this idea now, and take action. Terry,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

Complain all you want about the end of game, but had the Bills gone run run run punt the result would've been the same. With Houston having all 3 timeouts and us pinned at the 4, we HAD to get a first down just to ensure overtime. 

There are PLENTY of things to complain about here, but the end of game is not one of them.

Disagree.  Three straight runs would have likely gained 5 yards and even if the punt is the same they have 7 seconds with no TO's.  Protect the boundary and anything competed on the playing field runs the clock out.

For me, who has been agnostic on the matter of keeping or firing McD this is the straw that broke the camels back.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Kincaid could help himself if he could hold on to the ball more regularly than he does. So many receivers had drops today. With some, Josh may have been partially responsible. With others, it was all on them.

Yea it’s TOO hard it looks like to get him the ball. It’s last second. It’s really difficult catches . No. I fault coaches / Allen . We don’t have a play action passing game / or attack the middle of the field . Which is. Unfathomable 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Complain all you want about the end of game, but had the Bills gone run run run punt the result would've been the same. With Houston having all 3 timeouts and us pinned at the 4, we HAD to get a first down just to ensure overtime. 

There are PLENTY of things to complain about here, but the end of game is not one of them.

With the way cook was running he may have got at least 5 yards, if not a first. Every yard gained gives the punter more room and fg potentially longer

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Right here and I’m not going anywhere. The loss is on the offense, period. 

Had Nico not left the game with a hammy, it would have been much worse.  Mixon also wasn't playing.

I didn't expect much from this roster, so it's no surprise to me.  I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brand J said:

Bills are still the best of the AFC LEast

I am very concerned about next week after seeing the last couple of weeks.  Saleh and the Jets have traditionally played the Bills and Allen fairly tough, so I expect the same next week.

Joe Brady’s offense has been figured out.  He needs to seriously self scout and figure something out.   2 weeks in a row… the defenses have been all over our offense.  Free blitzers on Josh on nearly every drop back.  No play action.  The offense has been figured out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

They had to play to get 10 yards. A first down gets you to OT. 

Thank you. Punting, under any circumstances there, equaled a loss. Running the ball 3 times would have been completely pointless

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Had to go to work, but just saw the box score... How was Allen 9/30 for 131 yards? 

That's abysmal, like completely horrendous. 

Crazy that there was even a chance to go to OT at that point, which of course poor coaching ruined anyway. 

WRs suck

• Like (+1) 2

Let’s just call what it is. It took three games for the defenses to catch up Joe Brady. We don’t have enough talent around Josh Allen to attack defenses when we are figured out. Wide receivers give zero separation.  And yet again it looks like another year of wasted talent of Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1