10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

And that is why Diggs became vocal and forced his way out. He knows Buffalo will never win with McDermott as HC

Let's not make excuses for Diggs being a pre Madonna

Two things can be true. This coaching stuff sucks, and Diggs is a first class A hole

Edited by BillsFan130

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Had to go to work, but just saw the box score... How was Allen 9/30 for 131 yards? 

That's abysmal, like completely horrendous. 

Crazy that there was even a chance to go to OT at that point, which of course poor coaching ruined anyway. 

Josh played an OK, 2nd half.

Our hobbled D gave up 23 overall, 6 in 2nd half.

Offense laid an egg, Josh 1st half doomed us.

• Like (+1) 1

I've always defended McDermott.  I can't on this one.  Absolutely inexcusable to call three pass plays from inside the 5 yard line with that less than 45 seconds on the clock.  Run it 3 times, punt it, and take it into O.T. is what he should have done.  Bad coaching today.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Right here and I’m not going anywhere. The loss is on the offense, period. 

This loss is from the guy in charge of all decisions of this team lol ...Brady is another scapegoat in a long line of scapegoats....what remains is McDermott yet same heartbreaking defeats in the final moments of big games and it's not the players....it's coaching decisions PERIOD

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Not a bad player but it's beginning to become clear that Kincaid is not going to be our own version of Kelce.  I'm not even sure he's better than Knox. 

I mean he’s clearly better than Knox considering Knox no longer exists, but that’s a separate gripe 

McDermott has to go  More proof if given the opportunity he will grasp defeat from the jaws of victory every single time  Cant wait for the explanation how you call pass inside your own 5 yard line and throw three incompletes  Somehow still had a chance to at least start 0-0 in OT with momentum their way and Brady flushes in toilet  ESPECIALLY!!!! with Bass on deck even if they somehow gained 60 yards

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

McDermott wants everyone to know even a “defensive coach” can be aggressive? 

Just a total lack of awareness of the situation and how the offense had no effectiveness in the intermediate passing attack all f—ing game. 

Huge blunder. 

Well, let's hope the team just stinks away this year or something.  This team is so frustratingly inconsistent that I have to put something on the coaching.  That was frankly the worst game I've ever seen from Josh Allen, although the OL didn't help him much.  I think teams feel like our receivers can't separate downfield so that can go for pressure on Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, streetkings01 said:

Or at least force 3 timeouts 

And Houston still would've won. They just would have called the plays differently. No matter what, if the Bills didn't get a first down at the end they were going to lose

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Texans lost Nick Collins.  Bills got more lucky bounces and favorable call than I can ever remember before.  But not challenging on kincaids catch, and the 19 second possession at the end of the first half and the 16 second possession at the end of the game are coaching malpractice. Really no excuses.  Unless McDermott says "I would rather lose than play overtime" there is no explanation other than incompetence.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1