10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

Run 3 times takes at least 9 sec

Doesn’t solve the problem of still needing to punt on 4th down against a kicker whose final kick would have been good from 67 yards. I don’t understand the criticism — they needed a first down. Passing is more likely to get you there.

Edited by dave mcbride

Sean Mcdermott talks all the time about smart football and taking care of the ball blah blah.

I have never seen a team not run the ball in that situation and just force the game to OT.  I can't recall anyone ever doing that.

That is on McDermott.  The defense had control of the game and going to OT would have been a good thing.

Just absurdly bad coaching.  

At the end of the year if they miss the playoffs that should cost him his job.  

I am completely shocked they just passed the ball 3 times.  Just completely brain dead.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

If Pegula doesn't fire McDermott after this game (which proves for about the 20th time that McDermott is a choking ****head when it comes to calling defenses at the end of games), and instead hire Belichick and Josh McDaniels as a one two punch (a combination proven to win multiple Super Bowls)...........Cancelling my season tickets and not giving this team a single cent next year. McDermott is Schottenheimer/Marvin Lewis 2.0 and those are the facts. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing time and time again and expecting a different result. He is who he is which is why Philadelphia let him go. 

Bills fans need to seriously boycott Pegula, who desperately will need money with the new stadium being built. Belichick and McDaniels are sitting right there!

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

And crapped it away with bad coaching. Should have run it and made Texans use timeouts. Then punt. Instead they thought they were some high powered O and called 3 straight pass plays and blew it.

I guess you could have bled the timeouts but then we would  be hearing about conservative coaching.  

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

Thats on Brady and Josh to get him more involved instead of this stupid “share the wealth” philosophy that teams have figured out the last 2 weeks!

Kincaid could help himself if he could hold on to the ball more regularly than he does. So many receivers had drops today. With some, Josh may have been partially responsible. With others, it was all on them.

• Like (+1) 1