10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans 2nd half game thread.

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

if we lose by 3 or less, I would fire the whole coaching staff after the game. 

McD and Beane both know they are safe regardless of how this season goes. This is why we are having to endure this mess. 

Just now, Success said:

Easy on Coleman - that seemed like kind of a classic rookie mistake there.  

WR is actually a pretty big learning curve in the NFL generally.  Let's not write him off here.

He’s getting paid to catch the ball.   Not looking is a crucial part of that process.   Wake up

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Works with a good pass rush but is a disaster without. Which begs the next question. If there is no pass rush why stick with it?

Probably because they don't trust the players to react quick enough without that cushion. I'd still cut that cushion in half at least

Just now, Success said:

WR is actually a pretty big learning curve in the NFL generally.  Let's not write him off here.

That’s why expecting a rookie to replace Diggs was pretty wild expectations.  It takes time, which we unfortunately can’t give home.  It’s trial by fire and he’s playing like the rookie he is 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, White Linen said:

Let's draft the WR that makes everyone laugh in the interview and seems like he'll be everyone's best friend.

Coleman will be a great WR2 for years to come.  He's not equipped to be a WR1.

Just out of curiosity, I headed over to Spotrac to check out who is taking up the most cap space.  Some interesting names and numbers.

Outside of Allen, here are our biggest current cap hits:

#1  Diggs - $30 million and not even playing for us.  He literally has the same cap hit this year that Allen does.

#5 Dawson Knox - Making TE1 money but us nowhere to be found on the field

#6 Tyler Bass - No.....I'm not joking.  Sixth highest 2024 cap hit on the team

#8 Kair Elam - No.....I'm not joking.  Eighth highest 2024 cap hit on the team

#10 Curtis Samuel - One of the biggest FA busts of the entire off season

After Kincaid at #12, you have to go all the way to #18 to find another skill player and that name is Mack Hollins. I don't think it is a stretch to see where a lot of the blame for this inept offense needs to go.  To not have 2 great WRs on this list tells you all you need to know about the construction of this offensive roster.  Beane and the front office have handicapped Allen and this offense in a big way.

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Coleman was always a long term pick. The failure is on Beane for not making a real effort to get players ahead of him on the depth chart.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1