10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans 2nd half game thread.

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, T.E. said:

A kicker hasn't missed a relatively long FG against us in years, it feels like.

Denver missed a game winning one.  And we got a penalty on that play.  They made the retry so you might be right 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

Ok, run to Cook. Failed screen pass. Josh evades pressure roles out right and incomplete. 

Coach mcdurr decided that was the right set of plays to call soo

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This is why I don't understand McDermott and Beane always prioritizing defense over offense. You can't rely on holding teams below 20 points in this league. You need to win some shootouts. Start putting all the resources towards surrounding Allen with the best possible talent and see where that takes you.

This is the team they wanted bro.

Beane isn't shaking his head at Mack getting the most targets.  That was their objective.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

really hard to replace the experience and ability to work together they both had.   was never going to be a good year for the current safeties.

I think they believed they had one more year with Hyde at least.  That makes a difference

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

This is why I don't understand McDermott and Beane always prioritizing defense over offense. You can't rely on holding teams below 20 points in this league. You need to win some shootouts. Start putting all the resources towards surrounding Allen with the best possible talent and see where that takes you.

The plan has always been to placate the defense-oriented head coach and let Allen improvise and carry the team on his shoulders every game. The problem with that, outside of all the pressure and wear-and-tear it puts on the QB, is that if he is even a little bit off during a game (and he's off today, for sure), they have no chance to win.