10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans 1st half game thread.

BuffaloBill

Just now, Aesop said:

The lack of football iq on these boards baffles me. If the Bills arent blowing other teams out, then every player sucks and every coach needs to be fired. The fact is, the Texans Dline is owning the LOS. Josh is off his spot and receivers who normally are sure handed have had some drops. Its the NFL folks. These players are not robots. Lets see how they adjust in the 2nd half. Its way too early in the season to be hitting the panic button.

Football IQ? 

Do you realize that last week's blowout, and where this game is headed so far, are on par with McD's biggest and worst blowout losses with Peterman?  

You may want to restate yourself.  :) 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JimBob2232 said:

It really strikes me.  Josh needs to be physical to get pumped up and into the game at the right level.  His hand is hurt.  He isn't being physical.  I feel like it's almost as simple as that.  But also - he needs to figure out how to be in the game from the pocket, and not need those big bruising hits to get him into the game.

feels like theres more going on than just the hand.  think his shoulder is messed up again as well.   with the hurt hand he was still running,  now he wont.  that smells like a bigger injury to me.   same thing happened last season with his shoulder.   same thing ended up happening to Newton.   youre superman until u take that one hit that makes you not superman anymore.  its troubling.

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Allen bails too early on passing downs.  Eliminates half the field by rolling right. He is under pressure so hit the check down. 

And defenses know he's going to roll to his right now and it makes it a lot easier to defend

3 minutes ago, familykwi said:

If he's an elite QB, he has to be elite ALL OF THE TIME

That's ridiculous. Every QB has bad games. Clearly he is off today and to me he looks a bit lumbering, that shot he took last week may be worse than they let on. But he is getting zero support from anyone around him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

What are you two talking about? Seriously. Sorry, but a coach needs to run the offense that his players can run. This isn’t junior football.

Cant run his offense..?? F that

I think you may have misread my post.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, Josh missed a few passes pressing, as all QBs do. Our line and WR were not helping him out early either.  That deep pass to Hollins was all on Hollins.  Kincaid dropped at least 2 balls. Our other guys are invisible.  Brady isnt doing him any favors because this dink and dunk crap is already figured out. I'd like to think this would be a different game if Shakir wasn't out.

If you are going to go to a short game you have to be on point and we are not.  Allen hasn't been accuarate enough for guys to run with the pass.  Our execution leaves guys unblocked.  If you move to drop back passing you need to be able to block that up and we either give up a free runner or they drop into coverage and Josh bails the pocket for no apparent reason and the sideline forces him into a bad throw.  Add in some penalties and more drops and we are mixing ingredients for a fail burger.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills! said:

Few points - 

1) We can’t abandon the run, it was working great. One stop doesn’t mean it doesn’t work anymore. 

2) we need to stretch the field the opportunities have been there. 

3) Josh Allen shoulder must be hurting from the flea flicker because his throws look off from his normal form 

That’s the worst thing, when we get down by 1 or 2 scores they immediately abandon the run, irrespective of how much time is left. It’s the way for years, they want to score quickly to put you on the back foot to respond. If it works, it’s tough for teams to match. When it doesn’t, you’re removing a large portion of your playbook and just giving the other team a better opportunity to ice the game. 

If the Texans get a TD on the opening drive of the 3rd, buckle up. 

People want to be mad at Hollins then go ahead.  But that would be TD was a terrible throw by Allen.  Hollins had to adjust because it was so bad.  And yes, Hollins didn’t adjust well, but he shouldn’t have had to.  Allen threw it too far and to Hollins outside shoulder when he was wide open and should have been an easy throw to the inside instead of a difficult over the shoulder catch on his outside shoulder.  

Does it mean Mack is good.  No, it means Allen still made a poor throw on what should have been an easy lob for a walk in TD.  

This was a terrible half by Allen, make no mistake about it.  

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

keep it coming

He is. Until he makes a conf championship. Or let alone a Super Bowl. It will be a disappointment. And he will be judged accordingly 

I don’t care 6/18 for 56 yards is horrific

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

It's balance. He's human. Even Brady at his peak had bad games.

Allen isn’t even having a bad game (outside of that last drive).

He has been:

- Pressured on 80% of his throws.

- Had 4 balls dropped by WR’s. One of them was a TD.

- Has run some awful play calls by Brady.

Every QB starts to press when you have receivers not getting open, not catching when they are open, and linemen not blocking.

• Like (+1) 3