10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans 1st half game thread.

BuffaloBill

cant run out a minute of clock, to keep the ball from the other team. 

this is the fourth in five games special teams and coaching basically spotted the other team 3 points just for fun. 

8 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Allen's not set up to be at his best in this ludicrous system.  Unlike you, seemingly, I'm not of the belief that he should singlehandedly be counted on to overcome siht coaching anytime we don't play a patsy opponent.  

So no, not given the dish of swill circumstances he's been handed.  This has been my point all along, from Brady's tenure last season, which is all narrative, much less reality.  

Your post isn't based in reality. Ludicrous system? We're a run first offense that's actually pretty good at running the football, and we use that to set up the pass. It's a favourable system / offensive philosophy for a QB to operate in. By way of contrast, Dorsey and Daboll's system put everything on Josh's shoulders. 

RE today, we've had multiple attempts to score on long plays and Allen has missed them all. He's missed guys on easy outs. He's been way late on reads and thrown late to guys who were once open but were covered by the time the ball arrived. He's thrown passes that should've been picked and luckily weren't.

This is almost indisputably the worst half of football Josh has played since his rookie year and it's got nothing to do with coaching. 

Edited by VW82

I'll say it again - McDermott HAS TO THROW THE CHALLENGE FLAG.

I've been a supporter, but that's terrible in-game awareness.  That can't happen. It's a different game right now if that's a 1st down.

• Like (+1) 1

Hey do two defenders, side by side, and your best tacklers, have to breakdown seven yard from stroud so they can watch him gain the first down and wait until he tries to run between you both before he jumps into your tackle? Cant one defender shoot and the other play off his aggressive teammate, and get a freaking stop. 

just a thought, McDermott.. you defensive mastermind.