Around the NFL - Week 5

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Never seen a player end up with zero players on the screen with him more often than Kelce. I don't get it. It wasn't great route running there, the defense just forgot he exists. How does that always happen?

He breaks off a lot of his routes depending on what the defenders are doing. Mahomes is also so in tune with Kelce that they anticipate the same things. It’s crazy. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ProcessImproverMan said:

Watch what good coaching looks like. Reid scheming guys open who aren't studs. 

This is why people need to realize McDermott and Brady aren't the answer. Reid would find a way to make our offense work like he did with Kevin Kolb, McNabb, Alex Smith, Mike Vick post prison, etc.

No justifiable defense for the McDermott ass kissers for keeping him watching this. 

McNabb was a step up from those other guys. The NFC was markedly better than the AFC for a few of those years Reid was in Philly. 

But yes, the rest you’re absolutely on point. Can’t disagree. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Can Brady just watch this game and copy the plays? KC and us have similar personnel and limitations on offense right now. I want to just rip off their playbook almost exactly.

Some of this isn't scheme.  It's Kelce knowing where to stop and flash in space.    

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Some of this isn't scheme.  It's Kelce knowing where to stop and flash in space.    

They do run an option route a lot. But it’s poor play by the immediate defender as if it were me I am cranking on him the minute he’s head my direction or near me. Out with that, he’s running free more often than not. No explanation when it’s not an option route. 

• Agree 1

Please keep the Bills stuff out of here.

You've been asked enough and are well aware of the fact that other teams threads are NOT for Bills bickering, so anything that happens going forward is your responsibility.

Reid really does do a  nice job w/ that offense.  They don't have much right now - really, their top 2 WR's are out, as is their top RB, and Kelce & Hunt are both older & slower.

And yet they still make it work.  I'm happy for Reid, because he's likable and really turned things around from when he was in Philly.  But I do strongly dislike KC.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

Reid really does do a  nice job w/ that offense.  They don't have much right now - really, their top 2 WR's are out, as is their top RB, and Kelce & Hunt are both older & slower.

And yet they still make it work.  I'm happy for Reid, because he's likable and really turned things around from when he was in Philly.  But I do strongly dislike KC.

Hes super attention to detail. 
Route spacing. Timing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

If they weren’t winning SBs or making the dance every year I don’t think it would be as much of a problem for opposing fans. But when you watch a game he calls, especially one like tonight where they’re missing talent everywhere, you have to appreciate the quality of a HC he is. Whether you like it or not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Simply removing Kelce and Swift from this franchise would make them much more bearable. I've always respected Andy Reid and Mahomes seems like a pretty likeable decent guy (unlike the rest of his family) who is exciting to watch (more so than Brady). The Kelce -Swift connection and how the league /officials bend to them some because of it makes this unbearable. 

• Like (+1) 1