Around the NFL - Week 5

Just now, Low Positive said:

And he had a great defense. Then Mike Brown didn't pay any of those guys when free agency hit and they have missed on consecutive defensive draft picks. Now they have the worst defense in the league. They went to the Superbowl on the back of that defense. Burrow and the offense did just enough to ride that wave. Now that Burrow has to do everything, he comes up small in the big moments. Like today, he had a great game and then when the game was on the line couldn't score to ice away a season-saving game. As Bills fans, a lot of this sounds familiar. 

But…but he’s an OFFENSIVE head coach! Those are the only thing that matters! 

We should totally trade the guy with the second-most wins in franchise history for Zac Taylor. No brainer. 

5 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

So what do we tell people who said we’ve only beaten crap teams now that the Cardinals beat the 9ers?

I really don’t think we’ve even played a flat out bad team lol. Jags even have been competitive but coming up short 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

It's funny how people here can be rational about teams like the Bengals and 49ers still having time to turn it around, but not about the Bills. I mean, the Bengals are 1-4 and the 49ers are 2-3.

People can’t handle the emotions of watching their own team haha happens every year 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Nobody doesn't believe they can and will win the AFC East. 

However there are many people that aren't homers that see the flaws in this team and the coaching staff.

I’ve seen you mention this “not a homer” take so many times, as if actually liking the football team we root for is in some way off. Where is anyone says no there are no flaws on this team? 

You look at your take on the team as “rational” I look at it as someone who is A) playing both sides of the coin because either the Bills win or you get to say I told you so or B) thinks it will be less disappointing if/when the Bills lose

Just now, Low Positive said:

I don't know that there are any truly bad teams anymore. 

That could be…parity seems to be doing its job even more than usual this year 

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’ve seen you mention this “not a homer” take so many times, as if actually liking the football team we root for is in some way off. Where is anyone says no there are no flaws on this team? 

You look at your take on the team as “rational” I look at it as someone who is A) playing both sides of the coin because either the Bills win or you get to say I told you so or B) thinks it will be less disappointing if/when the Bills lose

That second paragraph is what always makes me chuckle in the gameday threads lol. They just keep saying ‘the bills won’t win the superbowl’ when we win which is not a particularly bold statement for any team in the league 😂. When we lose it’s ’see I told you so’ despite them saying we are going to lose countless games that we’ve won.

• Like (+1) 1

1. We are experts at wasting 1st downs. 2. McD’s clock and game management is still unbearable. 
3. Where are the quick slants? Where are the quick hits to our TE’s to move the chains? Seems like our playbook is way too small and we don’t adapt throughout games.  For example: why haven’t we tried coleman in the slot on a quick slant right in the middle of the field? Seems like he would be the guy for that. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Cmon. You read the posts too. There are plenty of people on here that think McDermott, Beane, and even Allen can do no wrong.  

All off season people posted how the team would be better if Diggs was gone. People actually posted Josh looked happier on the sidelines without him. Did he look happy today? 

I make mistakes with posts all the time and I try to own up to them. In 8 years can you tell me one time McDermott has owned up to the team's failures? 

Beat the Jets and they are 4-2 and 2-0 in the division after having played 4 road games already. They have 2 games yet against the Pats and still get Miami and Jets at home. 

The Division should be won by mid-December even if they don't make a move for a WR.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Cmon. You read the posts too. There are plenty of people on here that think McDermott, Beane, and even Allen can do no wrong.  

All off season people posted how the team would be better if Diggs was gone. People actually posted Josh looked happier on the sidelines without him. Did he look happy today? 

I make mistakes with posts all the time and I try to own up to them. In 8 years can you tell me one time McDermott has owned up to the team's failures? 

Beat the Jets and they are 4-2 and 2-0 in the division after having played 4 road games already. They have 2 games yet against the Pats and still get Miami and Jets at home. 

The Division should be won by mid-December even if they don't make a move for a WR.

Good take. 

They should fire Shanahan, he’s obviously coasting off Brock Purdy and he’s never going to get them over the hump.

21 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

There is truth to this. Not saying this years Bills can or will do it, but many flawed teams have hoisted Lombardi’s. 

The amount of New York City bias on the networks is horrendous. The Vikings are undefeated with a really great comeback story at QB and all the NBC and NFLN talking heads want to talk about is Aaron Rodgers and the completely yawn worthy Jets. 

14 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Just need the Chiefs to lose tomorrow night and we'll be only 1 game back of the first seed somehow 🤪

AFC is so mediocre right now.

This is the crazy part, no one is built to dominate. This year the Champs will likely be the team that is hot at end of year, not the best team overall because the entire league is mediocre.

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

It's funny how people here can be rational about teams like the Bengals and 49ers still having time to turn it around, but not about the Bills. I mean, the Bengals are 1-4 and the 49ers are 2-3.

You want to give us the weapons on either of those teams? I bet we would relax then. Those teams number 3 guys are probably better than anyone we have. 

21 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Anyone know how long the NFL will allow a game to delay before rescheduling? They already won’t be starting until 9:30 eastern time, at the earliest. 

I bet they play this. Looking like rain is gone by 10. My buddy is at the game, and he said his pants are saturated already, while waiting in the concourses. Rain is going sideways there!