10/6/24 GAMEDAY Week 5 Bills at Texans PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

What a difference a week makes. National television primetime darlings now relegated to Sunday at 1pm? 😲😉 Our 8 game Regular Season unbeaten streak ended with a thud Sunday night and worse, the injuries are starting to pile up. Our Defense was nationally exposed as B’more rushed for over 220 yards! But there’s high hopes we’ll see Terrel Bernard & Taron Johnson return today -currently listed as Questionable)! 🤞 Houston, on the other hand, averages a mere 108 rushing yds./game. With Nico Collins, Tank Dell, Xavier Hutchinson a couple former Bills ‘Bobby Trees’ (Robert Woods) & some other guy -whose name slips me..🤷‍♂️, their WR corp is the envy of the League. They throw 63% of the time and play in a dome. While most of their games are played in mild weather, they face the Leagues’ 4th toughest schedule. So home dome games are essential to their success. A productive game by Cook, Ty Johnson and Davis will go a long way towards a tough road win. Note: I attended the EJ Manuel ‘death game’ a few years back. NRG Stadium is a cookie cutter, soulless warehouse as befits the era it was built and completely above ground. I had to take multiple breaks hiking to the heavens to reach our seats. Nothing to see there.

We’re amid the early challenging 3 game road swing against Conference teams with post season expectations. It didn’t start well so we have to pick it up starting today. We can run on this team and with Josh being judicious, we can control the game and the clock. But it seems like we’re missing half our starters so the rookies HAVE to step up. Much ballyhoo’d rookie Safety Cole Bishop makes his NFL starting debut and I hope he holds it til he retires. As for notable Bills who won’t play due to injury/suspension;

Khalil Shakir

Ed Oliver

Von Miller (sus)

Taylor Rapp

Very challenging for so early in the season! We may have seen a ‘coming out’ game from prized rookie Keon Coleman last week, catching all but one pass and we NEED a coming out game from Curtis Samuel. On the plus side, Josh Allen rarely loses 2 dud games in a row and I believe he’ll have an extra little motivation today to show off the dramatic changes in the WR room. Josh has evolved into a superior QB with the heart of a lion! I expect he’ll be at peak performance this afternoon.

Bills defensive rankings took a dip last week and returning to outstanding line play on both sides of the ball is essential. Benford & RasUUUUL will have their work cut out, but they’ve gained a lot of attention with their sterling play. Again, should Bernard and/or T. Johnson suit up, they’re Big pluses! 

As for weather, it’s a dome. So low 70’s.

Can’t let this moment pass without a salute and very fond farewell to Bills lifer and HOF Offensive Guard Billy Shaw who passed away a couple days ago. Thank you, #66!

Rest in peace, Billy.

Vic Carucci chimes in

GO BILLS!

image.jpeg

Edited by Chandler#81
Additions
  • Like (+1) 1

No doubt this game will be a sizeable challenge and like last week THE key will be whether or Front 7 can stop the run.

It would sure help if the game narrative was us jumping to an early lead rather than the Texans since if they get the lead they can run the ball down our throat.