Concerned that Joe Brady may have crashed back to reality.

Spiderweb

I tried to tell people during the OC hiring process last Jan, and no one wanted to listen.  Brady sucks, you could have just asked Carolina fans and what we seen in the second half of last season.

There was no turn around on the offense with him as coach.  The offense struggled just as much, if not more.  There were games where they had turnover luck that greatly benefited them.

Really the only difference was Allen running more, which is that something you really want for 17 games in a season?

Go back and read about all the issues Brady had in Carolina, he sounds awfully familiar.

There's nothing complex about Brady's scheme. It's very basic, which is why he struggled to have positive results. In this league, you can't be predictable. You have to throw in a bunch of motions, double moves, RPO's, rub routes, and present the defense with some eye candy pre-snap. From what I can tell, 90% of the motions are just to expose if the defense is in man or zone coverage. There are very few motions into routes, blocks, or once again, eye candy.

That quote about, is exactly what we seen with the Bills.  The Bills added more motion, but it was literally just what was described above.  Look at the motion that Miami runs, vs the motion that Brady ran.

Read some of these responses from Carolina fans.  This is the same things that we seen in his short time here.  It's really concerning.

Fan POV

Joe Brady is/was the guy who ran the same 5 plays on Madden against the A.I. and impressed his friends.

Then he went online and everyone else knew how to stop those plays.

How many times are we going to see the WR screen?

This is so true. He was also terrible at making adjustments, our 3rd quarter scoring being a prime example. Overall, I think he was decent at play & scheme design, but could never put it into action for longer than a few drives

The second halfs were terrible under Brady.  1st KC game, 14 in 1st/6 in 2nd.  LA game, 14 in 1st/10 in 2nd.  7 points in 2nd half vs NE.  10 points in 2nd half vs Pitt.  7 points in 2nd half vs KC.

His scheme was pretty chaotic and bad overall. There were multiple plays where receivers end up in the same spot once the route develops. Even his short yardage play is terrible.

I honestly can't say what I think his strength was overall because nothing about him was amazing. As I mentioned in another post, his play designs rely on having physically dominant talent and once you get to the NFL--everyone is kind of on a level playing field.

Didn't we have WR running into each other vs KC.  Being physically dominant sounds familiar with the Dallas game.

Often looked like the opponents knew what play was coming. Seemed like play calling tended not to be balanced it would be all screens or no screens, All runs or no runs etc. There were things that felt like strengths from a fans perspective that we almost didn’t use at all at times like short routes to CMC and runs with Cam. No offensive player has really shown improvement while the defensive players seem to work on their weaknesses. Maybe it’s our lack of understanding of the complexity but from my perspective it’s hard to find something that it appears he excelled at. The main defense is just that our offensive players are not good.

This hits home big time.