Concerned that Joe Brady may have crashed back to reality.

Spiderweb

9 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I agree to a certain extent. I'm definitely not sold on Brady yet.

Out of 4 games this year I think he was excellent against the Jags but that's it.

ARZ I didn't like his game plan as I feel like Josh bailed him out.

Miami was hard to judge as the defence won that game.

Jags excellent, and Baltimore horrible.

So out of 4 games, I feel like he called 1 really good game, 1 horrible game, 1 game that was hard to judge, and 1 neutral game where his QB played special 

The defense won the Miami game? Um, no. The defense played terrific. So did the offense.

Fair enough not to be convinced by four games (although it's also fair to say it ain't four games, the offense was much much better last year after Brady stepped in). Still, if you throw out last year, four games isn't much, but for those four games the offense played very well in three. Pretty bad in the other, yes, but overall this season pretty damn well.

22 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

The defense won the Miami game? Um, no. The defense played terrific. So did the offense.

Fair enough not to be convinced by four games (although it's also fair to say it ain't four games, the offense was much much better last year after Brady stepped in). Still, if you throw out last year, four games isn't much, but for those four games the offense played very well in three. Pretty bad in the other, yes, but overall this season pretty damn well.

How do you figure the bills offence played terrific against Miami? They had 247 yards.

The defence won them that game and Josh just had to manage the game on offence 

• Like (+1) 1

The difference between mediocre coaches and exceptional coaches... exceptional coaches excel at in-game adjustments. E.g. Belichik was the master at in-game adjustments.

I believe doing in-game adjustments is a skill picked up from experience. Joe Brady will soon be good at in-game adjustments. Everything will be fine.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's pretty much the nature of trick plays. If they work you're a genius and if they don't you're an idiot. They only work sometimes.

More, as with any other play, it ain't just about play design. It's also about player execution. 

Something very weird happened there, that's immensely clear. But what? Samuel and Josh very obviously didn't work things the way they'd been called. Josh is running right, Samuel throws the ball behind Josh, who has to stop and turn around. Dunno what was supposed to happen there but I know that things didn't go the way they'd practiced it.

Kincaid is lined up standing pretty close to in front of Van Noy, the only one with a shot at blocking him, but instead he runs right and sets up to block the right side of the pocket. He wouldn't have done that if Allen had actually been tasked with running left.

My guess is Allen was supposed to run right back into the pocket and set up there, and that they thought this might blunt the pocket rush. 

But whatever, assuming this was all a terribly called play rather than a terribly executed play or maybe a bit of both, is overreaching. Might've been doomed from the get-go. Or it might have worked if they'd done it right. 

Who 100% knows? Not us, or anyone really. I don't like the call but the execution sure looked bad as well.

Well written and thought out Thurm.

9 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

1st half:

Diggs - 1

Allen - 0

Bills have looked bad 6 straight quarters….reason to be concerned right now!

Naw. Everything is fine. This WR room definitely got better. 

Hot start but gets figured out. 

Granted, he has less to work with, but his playcalling is so unbelievably predictable. 

He sunk any chance against Baltimore with the worst playcall I’ve ever seen and is obsessed with putting Allen and the Offense in 2nd and long at multiple points in a drive with his first down run obsession. 

This loss is squarely on Brady and the Offense, with (tell me if you’ve heard this before…) a defense giving the team every chance to win it as they are held

together by duct tape during the regular season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

That is the Mount Olympus of stupid calls!!!!!

But, BB having a scrub DB no one ever heard of ready to jump it? 
BRILLIANT

Never forget.  That was back when the Cheats were still spying on other teams.  That’s why they knew it was coming.  The DB said as much to the press after the game, said BB told him it was coming.  

never forget 

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's pretty much the nature of trick plays. If they work you're a genius and if they don't you're an idiot. They only work sometimes.

More, as with any other play, it ain't just about play design. It's also about player execution. 

Something very weird happened there, that's immensely clear. But what? Samuel and Josh very obviously didn't work things the way they'd been called. Josh is running right, Samuel throws the ball behind Josh, who has to stop and turn around. Dunno what was supposed to happen there but I know that things didn't go the way they'd practiced it.

Kincaid is lined up standing pretty close to in front of Van Noy, the only one with a shot at blocking him, but instead he runs right and sets up to block the right side of the pocket. He wouldn't have done that if Allen had actually been tasked with running left.

My guess is Allen was supposed to run right back into the pocket and set up there, and that they thought this might blunt the pocket rush. 

But whatever, assuming this was all a terribly called play rather than a terribly executed play or maybe a bit of both, is overreaching. Might've been doomed from the get-go. Or it might have worked if they'd done it right. 

Who 100% knows? Not us, or anyone really. I don't like the call but the execution sure looked bad as well.

Trick plays are generally more effective if they've been set up by a pattern of play calls.  Sweeping right all the time sets up a reverse to the left..., offense was a dud at that point, most of our play calls were all plays executed at the line of scrimmage, so many WR screens. No way we were catching Baltimore over persuing or out of position at that point.

I understand that it is hard to scheme an offense when you have no starting caliber outside WRs but a better performance from Brady today and we would have stolen the win. Our 1st down play calling is way too predictable. The OL looks confused on pressure looks. On a key 3rd down we dialed up a play to MVS against Derek Stingley. On the final series we dialed up a stupid deep shot to Hollins. Too many plays that are dead on arrival and we wasted a great defensive performance as a result.

But what are we going to do, fire another OC? McDermott is the one that needs to be held accountable ultimately. This is his hire so it's his offense.

• Like (+1) 2