Concerned that Joe Brady may have crashed back to reality.

Spiderweb

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Again, Brady and the Bill had no answer to an opponents pressures on Allen. Allen had one of his worst passing games I can recall and last week's was pretty bad as well.

However... Three straight passes from our own three yard line, and all were highly suspect route calls?

Brady and our WRs were terrible yet again.

Joe Brady is pissing me off and i’m tired of him learning these tough lessons on the fly. Have a plan Joe.  So things went south vs Baltimore doesn’t mean you now have to run on nearly every first down often putting us in 2nd and 8.  Every other team can scheme dudes open.  Joe can’t get some of these WRs open for a 5 yard pass. We have Josh Allen it’s complete absurdity 

Just now, zow2 said:

Joe Brady is pissing me off and i’m tired of him learning these tough lessons on the fly. Have a plan Joe.  So things went south vs Baltimore doesn’t mean you now have to run on nearly every first down often putting us in 2nd and 8.  Every other team can scheme dudes open.  Joe can’t get some of these WRs open for a 5 yard pass. We have Josh Allen it’s complete absurdity 

Is there anything more nauseating than seeing Anderson come in on 1st down.. with Gilliam and Mack Hollins in.. And you know without a doubt the bills are running the ball .

And then they do and get stuffed like 80 percent of the time? Lol

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Is there anything more nauseating than seeing Anderson come in on 1st down.. with Gilliam and Mack Hollins in.. And you know without a doubt the bills are running the ball .

And then they do and get stuffed like 80 percent of the time? Lol

Then they run on 2nd...

• Vomit 1

It's personnel as much as it is scheme. 

Find me a OC who would be successful with Mack Hollins and this version of Curtis Samuel.  I don't think you can. 

Nobody can get open. Coleman is learning but it's a process. Without Shakir, there's nobody out there that's remotely threatening. Hell, leave them open and they just drop it or can't track the ball.  The running is supposed to set the pass via play action, but no team cares because they can easily cover 1v1.

• Agree 1

There really isn't much creativity on offense. Everytime we do a screen pass to Samuel he has 3 Texans/Ravens destroying him before he can even turn up field. Why no design plays to Kincaid, he would be the guy that I would be getting mismatches on every game but he got what 2 receptions? Brady seems like he's been found out and has yet to find a solution but when you have a WR 4 in Mack Hollins getting most of your targets this is what happens and why I've said since the Diggs trade that this is unacceptable to be taking away weapons for Allen instead of adding them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It seemed like he ran Cook every single 1st down. He refused to call true play action.  He has no clue what to do with Samuel? The misdirection and motion has disappeared these last 2 games?  Yup it's starting to look like Brady is no different than Dorsey.  So disappointing and Sean's bone head moves were just the cherry on the cake.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Worst part is Brady just had to figure it out or we’ll struggle.  

McDermott can’t fire another OC in-season.  

Thats not a card you can play year after year. 

• Agree 1

I thought this last week. He has copied Dorsey's vanilla, conservative 1950's offense. There is no sophistication, speed or trickery on any plays and what little there was (last weeks flea flicker) has failed utterly. Why wasnt Brady challenged for the job in the off season, with a bonafide offensive coach that could take Josh to the next level? Really dumb move by Beane.

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Worst part is Brady just had to figure it out or we’ll struggle.  

McDermott can’t fire another OC in-season.  

Thats not a card you can play year after year. 

Oh he can. The bigger problem is who will take over if he does it again? Just imagine the “defensive guru” himself calling offensive plays. 

Scary thought , but Joe Brady might be WORSE than even Vanilla Dorsey. He might be Sugar free Vanilla Dorsey! I didnt think that anyone could be worse than Dorsey and his conservative offense but Brady literally looks clueless out there. Perhaps he needs to play some Madden 25 and get some ideas. It literally looks that bad.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yes.  He was sick of winning.  Brady and Allen are more to blame for this loss than McDermott.

THIS

McDermott catches heat for the end of game nonsense.. and that comes with the territory. 

However, Allen not hitting guys on the rare times they beat their man for big plays and Brady having slave like devotion to first down runs and zero creativity in the passing game are the culprits behind this loss. 

It’s a lot to put on Allen, given the trash he has to work with, but he’s recognized as being on the Mahomes tier of talent .. you can’t constantly miss guys deep.  It’s all the time with this flaw. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1