Concerned that Joe Brady may have crashed back to reality.

Spiderweb

Yes, it was one game, but Joe had absolutely no clue how to adjust to what the Ravens were doing. This is far more than receivers not getting separation, but more about his failure to adjust to the Ravens pressure packages and leaving Allen to run for his life. Unless we can regain an intermediate passing game, we are in big trouble. Just a couple years ago, how many first downs did we get on 3rd and 8 to 15 (and occasionally more). Blame the receivers, yes, but don't forget being clueless pass pro wise against the Ravens. Runner up, Babich in not adjusting defense to deal with Ravens heavy packages.

• Eyeroll 5
  • Haha (+1) 5

He had a good second half until he evidently got giddy and tried the trick play. They score a touchdown there, and it's a game, with the defense fired up and the offense hitting on all cylinders. The turnover, especially how embarrassing it was, completely changed the complexion of the game. On both sides of the ball, the mindset was that after the Henry TE to start the game. 

In other words, I don't think Brady has been exposed as incompetent or anything. On the contrary, the debacle might have served as a needed reality check after three successful game. He'll be humble and hungry, eager to prove that he's not an utter idiot. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

He did adjust in the 2nd half, and it was working until that terrible trick play call, which if it had worked, we'd probably be calling him a genius right now (assuming the bills won) 

Yes, but it didn’t even remotely work.  It was a terribly called play.  Talk about Captain Obvious the ball was going to back to Josh.  We were embarrassed in that moment.

BTW- I’m not one to crap in the cornflakes of the coaches, but that was horrible.  If we Called a straight game at that point, we could’ve been back in it.

Edited by machine gun kelly

24 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Yes, it was one game, but Joe had absolutely no clue how to adjust to what the Ravens were doing. This is far more than receivers not getting separation, but more about his failure to adjust to the Ravens pressure packages and leaving Allen to run for his life. Unless we can regain an intermediate passing game, we are in big trouble. Just a couple years ago, how many first downs did we get on 3rd and 8 to 15 (and occasionally more). Blame the receivers, yes, but don't forget being clueless pass pro wise against the Ravens. Runner up, Babich in not adjusting defense to deal with Ravens heavy packages.

From one game?

Against the team that went to the AFC Championship last year. 

Checks out.... 🤡

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I saw a lot of ravens winning one on one pass rushing matchups and not a whole lot of trickery personally..  I think McGovern and Torrence just need some time to gel with McGovern at center.

I disagree. I think the Ravens won with a lot of disguise. They didn't blitz a ton but they did a good job of mixing up which four were coming and the Bills oline struggled to pass guys on and work out what their assignments were. Torrence and Brown both had one clean beat on them that I saw but for the most part they line just looked confused.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

29 minutes ago, Steptide said:

He did adjust in the 2nd half

Did he?

I certainly didn’t notice.

We moved the ball a slight bit more in the second half but that was mainly Allen throwing to blanketed Coleman who was making good catches.

It was an awful game for Brady. 

It was a train wreck. Only time is healing, and it’s due to my older, worse memory. But last Sunday I was completely blown away at how horrible we were in so many coaching aspects. Defense was even worse than the O, but I think that the AWFUL 🫨 “trick” play call was worse than the Can’t Touch This Derrick Henry Stampede. Yeah, I said that. 

But there was a play that made me throw my television over the mountains and it was Jackson standing like a statue and hitting some WR on a 20 yd slow developing out. So Brady wasn’t as bad as that defense play for play. But the trick play takes the cake for showing off your very worst. 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

He did adjust in the 2nd half, and it was working until that terrible trick play call, which if it had worked, we'd probably be calling him a genius right now (assuming the bills won) 

It was a dumb call regardless if it succeeded or not. Just like Pete Carroll throwing it at the 1 w/ Marshawn