Forget Adams, go get Romeo Doubs

FireChans

13 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Doubs:

• Skipped 2 practices this week because he's unhappy with his usage.
  • Has now been suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.
  • Targets are down this year because of the injury to Jordan Love. In his 2 games with Malik Willis at QB he had 5 total targets. This is the reason his targets are down from last year.
  • In Jordan Love's return he had 8 targets last week against the Vikings.
  • Had 15 targets or 7.5 per game in the 2 games this year that Jordan Love started, almost 2 more targets than his per game average of 5.64 last year.
  • Is protesting in the wake of Christian Watson's injury which would have assured him more targets and usage going forward.

All of that pales in comparison to his 40 time.  No more slow guys.

11 hours ago, HOUSE said:

We can probably get Antonio Brown for nothing 

Not if the authorities get him for assault, child abuse, failure to pay child support, possession by demons etc. 

19 hours ago, Process said:

"Romeo Doubs has started all four games this season and has played the most snaps of any wide receiver on the Packers, but that is apparently not enough to satisfy him with his role in the offense."

Oh, a money player. I love those guys, complaining about everything..." I am wide open but nobody throws me the ball"

" I ain't never gonna make no money"

Come On Shrug GIF by Sporting KC

Edited by HOUSE

22 hours ago, FireChans said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/sources-packers-romeo-doubs-skipped-practices-over-frustration-with-role

Young, check

Immediately WR1 on the team, check

Cheap, check

What say you?

He wouldn't be immediately WR1 on this team. He'd maybe be in the mix. Love the young and cheap bit, but while I like the guy I don't think as much of him as you obviously do.

Can't see them bringing in a guy who stays at home cuz he feels ignored. Diggs didn't stay home but still didn't fit here. 

They should always kick the tires but no, I don't see it.

22 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I don’t see how acquiring him could possibly go wrong. 

Devils advocate; buy low on a player with upside, a fresh start, and 2 cost controlled years.

Why build all this culture if it can't support 1 player with some rough edges, especially when you get the dude with a "fresh team bump"?

Sure Diggs went sour, but we traded a #1 for three elite years, and resold for a #2. Did we lose because we had a year with a dbag??? 

I think you should be able to keep a revolving door of 1 or 2 guys like this on the team at a time (not on same side of the ball though)

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Devils advocate; buy low on a player with upside, a fresh start, and 2 cost controlled years.

Why build all this culture if it can't support 1 player with some rough edges, especially when you get the dude with a "fresh team bump"?

Sure Diggs went sour, but we traded a #1 for three elite years, and resold for a #2. Did we lose because we had a year with a dbag??? 

I think you should be able to keep a revolving door of 1 or 2 guys like this on the team at a time (not on same side of the ball though)

Easy. Because Diggs was an elite WR and Doubs is nothing more than a complimentary WR. It can be worth taking the chance on a problem child if the talent warrants it. No reason to do so when it doesn’t. 

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Easy. Because Diggs was an elite WR and Doubs is nothing more than a complimentary WR. It can be worth taking the chance on a problem child if the talent warrants it. No reason to do so when it doesn’t. 

Any complimentary WR that can eat into Mack Hollins' 6 targets and his 65% of offensive snaps can play for my team any day of the week.

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Any complimentary WR that can eat into Mack Hollins' 6 targets and his 65% of offensive snaps can play for my team any day of the week.

It’s ridiculous that Hollins is seeing the field at all, much less as much as he is. But there are better answers to that problem than Doubs and his attitude. 

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

It’s ridiculous that Hollins is seeing the field at all, much less as much as he is. But there are better answers to that problem than Doubs and his attitude. 

Please call Brandon Beane and let him know. I'm desperate.

• Like (+1) 1