Forget Adams, go get Romeo Doubs

FireChans

I am not interested in bringing in a malcontent. If he is skipping practices because he is frustrated with the team, he'll continue to have attitude issues here as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Skipping practice due to usage? Sounds like a real team player to me.  And in what universe is this WR #1 production? https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4361432/romeo-doubs

Are we just trolling now regarding the WR situation?

The thing is, great, cheap, attitude-free, young players are not commonly sold at the trade deadline.

You are going to ALWAYS be shopping for players who are a mix of old, expensive, and disgruntled.

17 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

no

imo taking wideouts from LaFleur/Shanahan is like taking offensive linemen from the Belichick Patriots

Have we seen that play out similarily?

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The thing is, great, cheap, attitude-free, young players are not commonly sold at the trade deadline.

You are going to ALWAYS be shopping for players who are a mix of old, expensive, and disgruntled.

Have we seen that play out similarily?

not to my knowledge

i just think its unlikely jauan jennings and brandon aiyuk are both top nfl wideouts right

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

not to my knowledge

i just think its unlikely jauan jennings and brandon aiyuk are both top nfl wideouts right

Fair enough but the Niners themselves didn't view Aiyuk as that replaceable when they paid him.

I guess the Pats paid a couple OL guys in their day as well though. Certainly food for thought.

32 minutes ago, Process said:

"Romeo Doubs has started all four games this season and has played the most snaps of any wide receiver on the Packers, but that is apparently not enough to satisfy him with his role in the offense."

I don’t see how acquiring him could possibly go wrong. 

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, FireChans said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/sources-packers-romeo-doubs-skipped-practices-over-frustration-with-role

Young, check

Immediately WR1 on the team, check

Cheap, check

What say you?

A guy that's skipping practice IN SEASON because he's unhappy with his role is a huge hard pass. Dude has all the diva-ness of a top flight WR... without every producing like one. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Process said:

"Romeo Doubs has started all four games this season and has played the most snaps of any wide receiver on the Packers, but that is apparently not enough to satisfy him with his role in the offense."

Doubs:

• Skipped 2 practices this week because he's unhappy with his usage.
  • Has now been suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.
  • Targets are down this year because of the injury to Jordan Love. In his 2 games with Malik Willis at QB he had 5 total targets. This is the reason his targets are down from last year.
  • In Jordan Love's return he had 8 targets last week against the Vikings.
  • Had 15 targets or 7.5 per game in the 2 games this year that Jordan Love started, almost 2 more targets than his per game average of 5.64 last year.
  • Is protesting in the wake of Christian Watson's injury which would have assured him more targets and usage going forward.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I started scribing another WR1 thread, but god it’s getting out of hand..

So here’s an “excerpt” to throw the idea of Buffalo Bill Romeo Doubs out to pasture:

Right now, we’re in complimentary football mode. Need to accept this and max it out at all positions. Lots of fans scream, Score more points and it solves all problems! But going about doing that requires a top-tier talent WR, and we can’t have just any.. 

…On some plays, he’s a decoy and/or blocker. He cannot Moss’it and dog it out there. That won’t fit our team in any way. It will lead to locker room problems, coaches getting frustrated and fired, and fans complaining about everything from “We’re wasting a franchise WR talent! to JA17 sucks! to McDermott has to go! and we need a dome so our WR is happy!” So our guy needs to be a lunchpail guy. Our guy needs to be tough. The AFC East is traditionally tough. Not many pretty boys and gold chains on boats after spending 5+ years in Buffalo, NYC, and New England.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Doubs:

• Skipped 2 practices this week because he's unhappy with his usage.
  • Has now been suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.
  • Targets are down this year because of the injury to Jordan Love. In his 2 games with Malik Willis at QB he had 5 total targets. This is the reason his targets are down from last year.
  • In Jordan Love's return he had 8 targets last week against the Vikings.
  • Had 15 targets or 7.5 per game in the 2 games this year that Jordan Love started, almost 2 more targets than his per game average of 5.64 last year.
  • Is protesting in the wake of Christian Watson's injury which would have assured him more targets and usage going forward.

This-  not only is he a malcontent….but he seems to be an idiot as well. 

hard pass for anything more than a 5th imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1