Billy Shaw passes at 85

gomper

This one really made me sad for a second. Billy was synonymous with the Bills before OJ came on the scene. His getting HOF recognition having only played in the AFL was significant; especially being a non-glamorous position. By all accounts, and very good man. RIP Billy

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

He used to write some awesome threads,  I will miss him

RIP big brother 

House, don't. Cute, but not everyone will get it. 

I am not Billy Shaw. Billy Shaw has died, and it saddens me deeply, as I'm sure many of you understand. But let's not pretend that Billy Shaw was posting here. I just happened to be using his name and number as a tribute to him and to the teams he played on. 

I'll probably say more later. 

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

This one really made me sad for a second. Billy was synonymous with the Bills before OJ came on the scene. His getting HOF recognition having only played in the AFL was significant; especially being a non-glamorous position. By all accounts, and very good man. RIP Billy

Ditto. Loved that guy and this news hits me hard. Also learned a girl who stood up in our wedding died today. Tough day.

Rest in Peace, Billy. Thank you so much!

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I was only 5 in 64, and whenever one of the Bills AFL legends passes, I wish I was around to see the 64 & 65 teams in action. 

RIP Billy Shaw

😞

I was, Senior Yr in HS, and Freshman Yr in College, Magical times in WNY. 

45 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I am not Billy Shaw. Billy Shaw has died, and it saddens me deeply, as I'm sure many of you understand. But let's no pretend that Billy Shaw was posting here. I just happened to be using his name and number as a tribute to him and to the teams he played on. 

I immediately thought of you when I heard he passed. What's your affiliation with him ? Just a big fan ? Are you family ? Any cool stories?

44 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I am not Billy Shaw. Billy Shaw has died, and it saddens me deeply, as I'm sure many of you understand. But let's no pretend that Billy Shaw was posting here. I just happened to be using his name and number as a tribute to him and to the teams he played on. 

Geez, I thought it was you and ya, too young to understand, I was genuinely upset, this place means alot to me and you're a staple here . Thank God.