MENU -- Bills @ Houston Sunday October 6th -- HOUSTON TEXANS -- What's on Your Plate?

I was hoping to score some large Beef Ribs however they seem rare here because the butchers are using that bone in the Prime Rib Roasts.

Can get a beef rib rack but pretty expensive given most of the weight is in the bones themselves.

In any event. I have 3 very large skinless turkey breasts marinating since Wednesday in the back of the fridge and today I used a Rain Check on two large Pork Back Ribs that I rubbed Texas Stylee and pushed to the back of the fridge.

Going to throw them on the smoker Sunday Morning along with some Red Hot Peppers and a few Russet Potatoes.

Share the aromas with the neighbours while spending time with my 3 dogs -- Bills jerseys and scarfs on -- in the front yard watching peeps walk by the front sidewalk while blaring tunes.

Any side dish ideas?

What are you cooking?

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

For me it’s somewhat of a tradition to get 8 garlic hot from a sports bar, McDivots in a suburb of Tampa.  They are as good as any I’ve eaten in Buffalo, growing up.  The garlic makes it even better than just hot.

Let’s hope it s a celebratory lunch.  I’m fortunate it’s on regular tv tomorrow, but have the ticket just in case.

Enjoy the day guys.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

For me it’s somewhat of a tradition to get 8 garlic hot from a sports bar, McDivots in a suburb of Tampa.  They are as good as any I’ve eaten in Buffalo, growing up.  The garlic makes it even better than just hot.

Let’s hope it s a celebratory lunch.  I’m fortunate it’s on regular tv tomorrow, but have the ticket just in case.

Enjoy the day guys.

Garlic makes everything taste better.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I was hoping to score some large Beef Ribs however they seem rare here because the butchers are using that bone in the Prime Rib Roasts.

Can get a beef rib rack but pretty expensive given most of the weight is in the bones themselves.

In any event. I have 3 very large skinless turkey breasts marinating since Wednesday in the back of the fridge and today I used a Rain Check on two large Pork Back Ribs that I rubbed Texas Stylee and pushed to the back of the fridge.

Going to throw them on the smoker Sunday Morning along with some Red Hot Peppers and a few Russet Potatoes.

Share the aromas with the neighbours while spending time with my 3 dogs -- Bills jerseys and scarfs on -- in the front yard watching peeps walk by the front sidewalk while blaring tunes.

Any side dish ideas?

What are you cooking?

Always interested in your menu buddy.  You do it right!  👊🏻 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

the brady bunch GIF

Thats a blast from my early childhood and that was reruns.  Good old Channel 29.  People under 45 have no idea what is Channel 29.  You see younger guys, we had 5 channels.   ABC, NBC,CBS.  Then CBC as you know on the Canadien borde, the. The little kids loved ACH. 29 as it had the Munster, Adams Family, Star Trek, Gilligans Island, amd of course the Brady Bunch.  Great watch between getting home from pa,ting with your buds after school sports and dinner.  Then it was homework and be bored out of your mind Dad watching g the nightly news.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

@machine gun kelly 

Great reply, thank you. It was so much simpler back then. Thank God we had had good TV shows with so few channels. 

I shared a quote this week that I think sums up many of this on this board. 

" An old person talks about their past so much because they don't have much of a future.

A young person talks about their future because they don't have much of a past "

Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

@machine gun kelly 

Great reply, thank you. It was so much simpler back then. Thank God we had had good TV shows with so few channels. 

I shared a quote this week that I think sums up many of this on this board. 

" An old person talks about their past so much because they don't have much of a future.

A young person talks about their future because they don't have much of a past "

Go Bills! 

Pony Boy, I’ll take that as a compliment, but middle aged at best.  The point is well taken, and I loved the Outsiders when I was a kid.  Stay sunny PonyBoy.

• Like (+1) 1