Did Beane Fail Josh and the fan base?

Returntoglory

4 hours ago, MJS said:

And he has done next to nothing in every playoff elimination game he has been a part of. Your #1 receiver is supposed to step it up in the playoffs, not disappear.

4 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This doesn’t get talked about enough…how can we say the bills coaching disappears in the later playoff rounds and give Diggs a free pass? I see the words can’t separate getting thrown around about our current wrs but Diggs wasn’t even doing that in the games that matter 😂

Yeah, here is a good video reminder of Diggs disappearing in the playoffs. It hurts too watch.

No he hasn't failed him. They have simply met a team that was better than them most years in the Chiefs. Is there a big gap between the two teams no there isn't but the Chiefs have been better. You want to argue that is Beane's fault than sure but he has done enough for Allen when it comes to playmakers. Signed Beasley and Brown. Traded for Diggs. Drafted Kincaid, Davis and Coleman

5 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

He put together one hell of a roster,

????

D line

Safety

Linebacker

Receiver

Place Kicker

One hell of a roster???

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I’m not going to disagree with this but I will point out that Diggs was pretty much the only player on the entire team (led by JA) who didn’t quit against the Bengals in the playoffs. 

I’m not saying he isn’t a prima Donna or a pissy little brat BUT the dude WANTED to win in the worst way. I’ll never fault him for that. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Be that as it may, Diggs post season record is nothing to brag about, seven games, two touchdowns, Dawson Knox has been far more productive with seven touchdowns in his post season career, 

Teams weren’t doubling Knox on a consistent basis. The two players opposing DCs worried about were Josh and Diggs. Everyone else was single cover able the last couple years. Yes, I know Davis had a crazy game against KC…. Outlier 

5 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

No - Beane did not fail us. He did not fail JA. He put together one hell of a roster, which has subsequently been decimated by injury, suspension, and bad luck overall.

Brandon Beane didn't fail us???  We will be rolling out Keon Coleman, Mack Hollins and MVS this week.  Tell me with a straight face that Josh doesn't deserve better. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, WeckMonster said:

Next year should be our year.  More cap flexibility.  Haul of draft picks.  Probably mid-round picks instead of late round.  Make it happen...

Not going after you personally Weck but this argument keeps being made.

How does anyone trust McBeane anymore in the talent acquisition department.

Having an abundance of cap room and draft picks could get us another Tremain Edmunds, Zay Jones, Gabe Davis, Cody Ford, Boogie Basham Moss, Elam ( don’t even know his first name😒

I won’t add Coleman to this list but I personally feel like he has a solid chance of making it.

This high character, process guy BS has consistently given us a JAG team make up coupled with his cheap free agency MO.

5 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Everyone knows they are 3-1 and will likely finish the year with 10 plus wins right?

And go nowhere in the playoffs, right?

5 hours ago, transient said:

Maybe we should go back to throwing all the time instead of using the running game so that Allens passing stats can go up and our WR1 can be on pace for 1700 yds while we play 0.500 football. It worked really well under Ken Dorsey.

Dorsey was 13-3🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Chugga said:

Yikes man I have never seen such a rollercoaster before.  6 days ago we loved this team, loved our WR committee and were Super Bowl bound.

The threads that have popped up after ONE bad game is utterly insane.  Yes we got blown out but how long did everyone expect this defense to play lights out while they lose starters to injury daily?

Baylon Spector and Cam Lewis are out there trying to replace ALL PRO players.  And yes I know we also didn’t score a lot but anyone who has watched the Bills since Josh was drafted knows that this time runs 100% on emotion.  When the defense can’t hold the offense presses and when the offense can’t score the defense loses discipline.

Look what happened prior to that god awful trick play.  Bills started to get some confidence and even though we were down by 11 that game all of a sudden felt like a coin toss.

We lost 1 game.  We are potentially going to lose a second one soon.  But we are down half of our starting defense and playing dominant offensive teams.  Jesus guys how can you mentally go from Super Bowl lock to AFC basement dweller in DAYS.  1 game.

Josh Allen remains the best football player in the league.  We’ll be fine 

Super Bowl lock???

I realize it’s hyperbole but still.

5 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Yes I think he is on purpose not building the best team possible.  That is why every team is winning SBs except for us. 

And yes, Josh should have begged Diggs to stay and put his ego aside. 

WTF. 

Maybe it’s not on purpose, maybe his talent judgement at key spots, spots a Generational QB deserves to have correctly filled, is lacking?

Beane did not draft Allen, so I’ll never give him credit for that. Beane did however draft crappy receivers thereafter. Diggs and Sanders were the only good receivers traded for and signed as a FA respectively.

All I’m saying is, that Beane needs to do a way better job at WR while Allen is still young and in his prime. It can’t always be about defense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Success said:

Literally a week ago, it was near consensus that we were the best team in the league.

On this page maybe and there were plenty who knew it was too early to crown them.

September is the new preseason and we lucked into some serious scrub teams who weren’t ready for primetime.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

On this page maybe and there were plenty who knew it was too early to crown them.

September is the new preseason and we lucked into some serious scrub teams who weren’t ready for primetime.

We'll see on that one.

This is a good Bills team - possibly the best in the JA era.