Did Beane Fail Josh and the fan base?

Returntoglory

2 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

Statistically, Josh is up on every passing stat this year compared to the last four except yardage, where his per game is 20% lower, roughly.

Should Beane been more aggressive in FA? Did Beane fail JA? The fans??

He also has no INTs and we've played with a lead for big chunks of the season. The Bills are still 3rd in the league in scoring.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

As I’m sure you know, it’s difficult for any WR to have an impact when he does t have a QB to throw the ball to him.

Which he did not have that day from the first play of the game. 

I will reiterate … it was time for Diggs to go. His artisans behavior became problematic. 

I am simply stating that he didn’t develop that attitude or become disgruntled out of thin air and there were others at fault - players and coaches. 

we have very different memories of that game if you think the QB was the one to be singled out for poor play lol

and im not going to lay the blame for diggs' behavior at anyone's feet but his own

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

we have very different memories of that game if you think the QB was the one to be singled out for poor play lol

and im not going to lay the blame for diggs' behavior at anyone's feet but his own

I didn’t single anyone out, which was abundantly clear to anyone talk g the time to read what I wrote. 

I am also not saying that anyone is to blame for his behavior. I am simply saying that he didn’t just take up one day and say “I’m unhappy for no reason at all, so I’m gonna be a dick.”

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I didn’t single anyone out, which was abundantly clear to anyone talk g the time to read what I wrote. 

I am also not saying that anyone is to blame for his behavior. I am simply saying that he didn’t just take up one day and say “I’m unhappy for no reason at all, so I’m gonna be a dick.”

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I will say, however, that I think watching Josh and Co. quit was what prompted Diggs’ attitude problem.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I’m not going to disagree with this but I will point out that Diggs was pretty much the only player on the entire team (led by JA) who didn’t quit against the Bengals in the playoffs. 

21 minutes ago, wettlaufer said:

He also has no INTs and we've played with a lead for big chunks of the season. The Bills are still 3rd in the league in scoring.

It’s like any job, in any business, in any industry.

what have you done for me lately??

1 hour ago, Savage said:

Succeeded in what?

top tier QB?

absolutely.

another Dan Marino is he doesn’t win the big one.

fantastic QB, but you need the SB on your resume to really be considered one of the absolute greats.

Nonsense.   Do you know how many teams have won Super Bowls with QBs who were hardly more than journeymen????  Some teams won Super Bowls with backup QBs FCOL! 

Not replacing Emmanuel Sanders between Diggs and Gabe was the biggest mistake. That said noone let down anyone. We're 3-1 on top of our division on a year everyone thought we would take a step back. We got 13 games left. Get off the ledge and relax.

4 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

We all knew that the loss of Diggs was going to potentially be bad for Josh and the Bills, unless they could replace him via the draft or a trade.

The passing game for the Bills is not "passing" the eye test, IMHO. There is no "Goto" guy and none of the current guys on the roster have taken a step forward as you would have hoped.

Statistically, Josh is up on every passing stat this year compared to the last four except yardage, where his per game is 20% lower, roughly.

I’d ban you if I could.  

FYI- 2024 isn’t the last season the Bills will exist.  

50 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Nonsense.   Do you know how many teams have won Super Bowls with QBs who were hardly more than journeymen????  Some teams won Super Bowls with backup QBs FCOL! 

Agreed,

but when people think of Dan Marino,

what are they thinking?

Convinced the Bills have never won a Super Bowl due to the insane attachment the fanbase has to winning. It tenses everyone up. 

The negative nancies are more attached than the more optimistic fans it seems.

• Like (+1) 1

We all knew that the loss of Diggs was going to potentially be bad for Josh and the Bills, unless they could replace him via the draft or a trade.

The passing game for the Bills is not "passing" the eye test, IMHO. There is no "Goto" guy and none of the current guys on the roster have taken a step forward as you would have hoped.

My answer is how can we tell ? The last game Brady didn't utilize the personal that he had available ! Knox was a none factor, Johnson scored on the 1 time he was handed the ball, Valdez Scantling never was used to do what he was brought in to do stretch the field, and Samuel wasn't used for much more than a trick play .

They stayed with what they used in the first 3 games the ones that scored & the ones the Ravens and for that matter the ones all other teams would have doubled and did . 

Mack Hollins should be put on the practice squad for a couple of games because of all the drops he had & bring up one of the other WR's to give them a chance and after Cook dropped the ball maybe sit him & use the combo of Johnson he was money last year & the rookie for a quarter, Cook is good but his drops kill the offense ! 

3 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Since 2020, when a team finishes the season with a QB who has a QBR of 65 or better and he starts at least 10 games the full season record of these teams is 211- 73, which is 74.2%

Josh has finished with a 65+QBR every years since 2020. 

It is not exactly a stretch to say this roster has lacked high end talent. Nor is it a stretch to say we have underachieved in the postseason against our regular season winning %. Nor is it a stretch to say a lot of the offensive talent we added seems to be done so without consideration to style of play.  

I don't know the exact ownership Josh has over this record or how much we give to McD or Beane but you see the NFL averages when getting the type of QB play Josh has provided. I gave Beane a feather in the cap a long time ago for Allen. At some point we have to make more progress. These regular season championships just don't do it for me. 

65.4 %. But hey, who's counting. 

3 hours ago, jahnyc said:

I think it is a bit early for this kind of a take.  We were extremely limited overall in free agency given our cap situation and we had needs at a number of positions in addition to WR.  I am not sure that Coleman was the best pick available to us at WR, but I had hoped that Beane would draft more than one WR in the draft.

One thing that I did not count on was that the anticipated top teams before the start of the season all seem to have their weaknesses.  Seems pretty wide open this year.

How do you feel about eating the 31 million?

29 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Convinced the Bills have never won a Super Bowl due to the insane attachment the fanbase has to winning. It tenses everyone up. 

The negative nancies are more attached than the more optimistic fans it seems.

I know, right ??

How dare those fans!

The second paragraph debunks the first. To whom do you think Josh is passing the ball?

Shakir just set a record for most consecutive targets caught. Cook won AFC player of the week. The offensive line is the best Josh has ever had. We have the best tight end duo in the league. Our rookie wide receiver makes spectacular contested catches. 

We lost to Baltimore because we were missing arguably our three best defenders and McDermott did absolutely nothing to mitigate the Ravens' run game and Joe Brady called a terrible game. Not because of anything the GM did.