Did Beane Fail Josh and the fan base?

Returntoglory

36 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

We all knew that the loss of Diggs was going to potentially be bad for Josh and the Bills, unless they could replace him via the draft or a trade.

The passing game for the Bills is not "passing" the eye test, IMHO. There is no "Goto" guy and none of the current guys on the roster have taken a step forward as you would have hoped.

Statistically, Josh is up on every passing stat this year compared to the last four except yardage, where his per game is 20% lower, roughly.

Should Beane been more aggressive in FA? Did Beane fail JA? The fans??

Maybe we should go back to throwing all the time instead of using the running game so that Allens passing stats can go up and our WR1 can be on pace for 1700 yds while we play 0.500 football. It worked really well under Ken Dorsey.

I have more of a beef with the front office based for how our offensive personnel was added. Seemingly done so while intoxicated and with no consideration to the role they might actually play.

We have Samuel and Shakir who are much more natural slots. We have Coleman, who can struggle off the line at times and has showed some real promise in a big slot role. We have Kincaid who we like underneath and again as more of a big slot. At what point did the front office ever consider that we might need a few guys who can beat press and not play in the slot? Coleman is doing his best but that was an area he clearly struggled in at FSU and MSU so to ask him to be the main press beater at the pro level is dumbfounding. 

It sounds cool to say you want to pound it out or two TE sets, but we haven't shown in two years that we can use Knox and Kincaid on the field at the same time the right way. We have locked up a ton of resources into the TE position which I like, but no concept of how to maximize that value. 

We want to be a power run team but we have no power backs. Cook is a great player, but not a physical player. We bring in Davis to try and play this role but he ends up looking like Zack Moss light.

So who is the power to our power offense? Our pass catching TE's and sub 200 pound RB? Who is helping us out of press? Whos is our deep threat? MVS...lord help me

Edited by Mikie2times

32 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

I think we can all agree that we knew this was going to be somewhat of a "reset" year, and that the initial hot start of 3-0 has led to some absurd hot takes after the one ugly loss. But my god, how many different ways can we complain about this team in a week after a loss? 

No - Beane did not fail us. He did not fail JA. He put together one hell of a roster, which has subsequently been decimated by injury, suspension, and bad luck overall. The money isn't there to make a big splash in FA, and even if it were - who would you suggest that would have been a good fit that didn't break the cap? 

He also failed the team the whole 2nd half of 2023, including playoffs - let's not forget. 

I’m not saying you are wrong with some of your points, however the gm is responsible for who he brings in.  Whether it’s over paid aging veterans susceptible to injury. Players who make poor choices and susceptible to suspension.  The gm and coach also lay out a vision for the teams style of play philosophically.  Maybe playing nickel all season with undersized linebackers contributes to the defense being decimated by injury. Thus prohibiting us from making deep playoff runs.  There are many factors, but at some point the free ride of accountability needs to end. We have won nothing during their tenure. Not to mention there might not be any money due to the gm paying out stupid contracts. 

Edited by <bills4life>

37 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

We all knew that the loss of Diggs was going to potentially be bad for Josh and the Bills, unless they could replace him via the draft or a trade.

The passing game for the Bills is not "passing" the eye test, IMHO. There is no "Goto" guy and none of the current guys on the roster have taken a step forward as you would have hoped.

Statistically, Josh is up on every passing stat this year compared to the last four except yardage, where his per game is 20% lower, roughly.

How are you coming to that conclusion when half the games we have been winning by so much we don’t even pass in the second half 🤣

in the prime Diggs days we got absolutely destroyed by the bengals when we didn’t hold up in the trenches…I would wait to see how the next few weeks play out before jumping to conclusions 

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

3-1 and Beane has failed us all. Christ...

I expect 11-6 and one playoff win.  If we finish with less than 10 wins then we can revisit this post.  Otherwise, there is evidence of strategies to win the last game in Feb.  Could Josh win a Lombardi with other teams in the East?  I don’t think so.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Not sure why people are roasting you… The central idea is questioning whether Brandon Beane did enough at WR.  

Obviously TBA, but if I had to make a prediction, I’d say “yes.”  The fact that they are asking about Adams is evidence of this.   Is there any top tier QB that has a worse support cast of skill players than Josh?

Trading Diggs in April and the corresponding cap situation really limited what they could do.  However, it’s not like there weren’t options.  Beane could have traded up for a better WR in the draft, drafted another WR before or after Coleman or made a move to put someone better in the room than MVS.

I think the plan was to run the offense through Shakir and Kincaid and distribute the ball to everyone else.  That works when your running game is effective.  When you have to rely on passing like in Baltimore that’s a problem.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

3-1 and Beane has failed us all. Christ...

Let’s not have selective amnesia.  He has a body of work the past 7 years.  You know exactly what he was talking about. And after the season is over with the same results, you will still hold the same view you have now.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

36 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Be that as it may, Diggs post season record is nothing to brag about, seven games, two touchdowns, Dawson Knox has been far more productive with seven touchdowns in his post season career, 

Again … not disagreeing one bit. 

I will say, however, that I think watching Josh and Co. quit was what prompted Diggs’ attitude problem.

I’m not justifying his behavior and I was happy to see him go. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Yikes man I have never seen such a rollercoaster before.  6 days ago we loved this team, loved our WR committee and were Super Bowl bound.

The threads that have popped up after ONE bad game is utterly insane.  Yes we got blown out but how long did everyone expect this defense to play lights out while they lose starters to injury daily?

Baylon Spector and Cam Lewis are out there trying to replace ALL PRO players.  And yes I know we also didn’t score a lot but anyone who has watched the Bills since Josh was drafted knows that this time runs 100% on emotion.  When the defense can’t hold the offense presses and when the offense can’t score the defense loses discipline.

Look what happened prior to that god awful trick play.  Bills started to get some confidence and even though we were down by 11 that game all of a sudden felt like a coin toss.

We lost 1 game.  We are potentially going to lose a second one soon.  But we are down half of our starting defense and playing dominant offensive teams.  Jesus guys how can you mentally go from Super Bowl lock to AFC basement dweller in DAYS.  1 game.

Josh Allen remains the best football player in the league.  We’ll be fine 

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I’m not going to disagree with this but I will point out that Diggs was pretty much the only player on the entire team (led by JA) who didn’t quit against the Bengals in the playoffs. 

Putting up 35 yards total in the biggest game of the season and then having a childish meltdown on the sideline directed at the franchise QB who's supposedly your friend shouldn't be rebranded as a passionate effort.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, &lt;bills4life&gt; said:

Let’s not have selective amnesia.  He has a body of work the past 7 years.  You know exactly what he was talking about. And after the season is over with the same results, you will still hold the same view you have now.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

And Terry isn't removing McDermott who is the main problem. So yeah SOSDD.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

FFS, we're 3-1.

Beane hasn't "failed" anything at this point.

How about we wait to see how the season goes before making such broad judgements?

Like the previous seasons?

JA17 isn’t getting any younger, and sooner or later, unfortunately, he will end up having a serious injury.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Yes I think he is on purpose not building the best team possible.  That is why every team is winning SBs except for us. 

And yes, Josh should have begged Diggs to stay and put his ego aside. 

WTF. 

Quite the “hot” take.

• Shocked 1