Shakir and Oliver both out Sunday

Alphadawg7

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're very fortunate that the AFCE teams are bad this season. We obviously have to use that to our advantage waiting for several players to return. Maybe this whole damn season will be one big "load management".  Maybe everyone is healthy going into January?  But then again maybe pigs will fly?

Yes very fortunate, as of now the Bills have the highest odds in the afc to make the playoffs. It was over 98%. Likely due to the division. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Were focused more on our own team here obviously but this ‘they beat bad teams but lost to a good one’ criticism easily applies to Houston too and they didn’t look particularly good in any of those wins. 

the spread being that close makes sense…I wouldn’t be shocked if it gets closer to even if Bernard or t johnson are active 

doesn’t mean they won’t find it starting this week but Houston has been pretty underwhelming so far 

Sure, its very comparable in that way, but they just have better talent. Allen can do a lot of equalizing but if you go down the roster at who will play in this game we aren't near them to be perfectly honest. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes very fortunate, as of now the Bills have the highest odds in the afc to make the playoffs. It was over 98%. Likely due to the division. 

seems pretty crazy, as the AFC West is quite mediocre too besides the Chiefs

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Let's see...

Bernard

Johnson

Rapp

Miller

Oliver

Milano

Am I forgetting anyone? 

The only positive here is this is happening early in the year and not in the playoffs. And it does give our backups real snaps and experience for if they are needed down the road. 

Doesn't help much in the moment as I expect the Texans offense to roll easily. This game could be uglier than the Ravens game IMO.

The injury list is daunting, but I don't think the Texans will roll over the Bills. I expect a close game.

17 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Sure, it’s very comparable in that way, but they just have better talent. Allen can do a lot of equalizing but if you go down the roster at who will play in this game we aren't near them to be perfectly honest. 

I don’t think that better talent is allocated properly in this case if that makes sense. They’re loaded up at wr but need help in a lot of other areas. 

They’ve got good pass rushers outside but seem weak up the middle up front, none of their linebackers are particularly good, Lassiter is starting at corner and he hasn’t looked great so far.  I think they’re gonna have a lot of trouble slowing Josh down/the running game 

we’ve gotten some good corner play so far and our safeties are pretty bad in pass coverage but even worse in run support so that could be worse lol they won’t have mixon.

theres a lot of valid reasons why the Texans are struggling against bad teams despite having some big name skill position guys and a couple household name pass rushers 

I think we’ll get one of taron/terrell back too and possibly both 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think that better talent is allocated properly in this case if that makes sense. They’re loaded up at wr but need help in a lot of other areas. 

They’ve got good pass rushers outside but seem weak up the middle up front, none of their linebackers are particularly good, Lassiter is starting at corner and he hasn’t looked great so far.  I think they’re gonna have a lot of trouble slowing Josh down.  

we’ve gotten some good corner play so far and our safeties are pretty bad in pass coverage but even worse in run support so that could be worse lol they won’t have mixon.

theres a lot of valid reasons why the Texans are struggling against bad teams despite having some big name skill position guys and a couple household name pass rushers 

I agree with this for the most part...

On offense, Cook needs to have a big day. That front could give us problems in the passing game and with Shakir out, we are so limited. I imagine Kincaid has to get more reps in the slot here. Knox probably more at traditional TE. We need to run the football.

On defense, they want to establish the run and we have been spotty historically at stopping teams from doing so. Very slow to adjust. We benefit so much from getting a lead and making teams more one dimensional. I don't see that here. Probably more back and forth style game. How does Stroud respond to a McD style defense? Does it confuse him?  

I totally get your point. They have pretty talent, but man we are low on playmakers. Low of defensive talent as well. How long can these deficits persist? Allen can mask so much. Sometimes McD's scheme on defense can mask a lot as well. You know how much this one means to Diggs. The Texans will be ready for us. I also expect us to be more dialed in after that horrific showing last week. It's going to be a ball game for sure. I would make the Texans a -2 or -2.5. 

Edited by Mikie2times

10 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I agree with this for the most part...

On offense, Cook needs to have a big day. That front could give us problems in the passing game and with Shakir out, we are so limited. I imagine Kincaid has to get more reps in the slot here. Knox probably more at traditional TE. We need to run the football.

On defense, they want to establish the run and we have been spotty historically at stopping teams from doing so. Very slow to adjust. We benefit so much from getting a lead and making teams more one dimensional. I don't see that here. Probably more back and forth style game. How does Stroud respond to a McD style defense? Does it confuse him?  

I totally get your point. They have pretty talent, but man we are low on playmakers. Low of defensive talent as well. How long can these deficits persist? Allen can mask so much. Sometimes McD's scheme on defense can mask a lot as well. You know how much this one means to Diggs. The Texans will be ready for us. I also expect us to be more dialed in after that horrific showing last week. It's going to be a ball game for sure. I would make the Texans a -2 or -2.5. 

Id be a lot more worried if they had two great corners.  Yea I think something in the -2 range could def be justifiable. It just doesn’t feel like this huge uphill battle to me that some think it is

anthony Richardson was basically rookie josh Allen in that Texans colts game and he gave them problems.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

See, now this is the very reason that there shouldn't be language filtering on this site. Because the only proper response here is "Well *****"

C'mon, man. Language filters rule. Just ask Dick Van *****.

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I posted this in the game thread too - doesn't this mean DeWayne Carter is the only possible 3T on the active roster? That new signing from Atlanta is a traditional NT. We have Branson Deen on the PS so I guess we'll call him up?

We only kept 4 DT's on the 53 going into this season. 2 1T's and 2 3T's. I think that's why they signed that guy off the Falcons Practice Squad. Pretty thin there. Though for this week, being a Rookie who just got here, I'd doubt he's active. And at 314, he may be more of a 1T.

So, yeah, if anybody goes down at 3T, we're down to 1 active player on the roster. So it will have to be Carter and Deen this weekend. 

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I worry about our OL against their DL. Danielle Hunter and Will Anderson namely. I also worry about who do we have to match up with Nico. Our guys have seen enough of Diggs to know his every tendency. Collins has turned into a huge threat in their offense though. 

Nico is a beast.   bracket him and take your chances with the rest

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s fine and dandy, but how much further can they go?

big deal,

you make the playoffs, and then ***** the bed when it matters.

who cares?

Injuries already becoming a real issue. Time for Brady to draw up some double reverse flea flicker passes to Allen.  I’m pretty sure it’ll catch em off guard.  

Don’t know how this game is gonna go , I just really don’t want Diggs to have a big game.  Really gonna ruin my Sunday if we lose and Diggs goes off.