Shakir and Oliver both out Sunday

Alphadawg7

• We'll probably see more 12-personnel this game than usual with Shakir out.  Hopefully that means more involvement from Knox than just blocking.
  • We are going to miss Shakir for sure, but his typical 5-6 catches for 50-60 yards can be readily redistributed among Coleman/Kincaid/Knox/Samuel/Cook. (Notice I didn't say Hollins?) It would also be nice to see "playoff mode" MVS show up in this game as well.
  • Through the first 3 games when the Bills were the top-scoring offense in the league, one of their hallmarks was their heavy use of pre-snap motion. For whatever reason, that was minimized in the game plan against the Ravens. Hopefully Brady makes that a bigger part of the offense again on Sunday.
  • I remember after Coleman had that back-breaking drop at the end of the fist half Sunday night, he was clearly very frustrated with himself. He responded by making some difficult catches in the 2nd half. Maybe that will serve as a springboard for him to become what we hope (and need) for him to be.
  • Like (+1) 1

The way Shakir abuses his body he is bound to get hurt. But this is a good thing. It's better for the Bills players getting injured this early in the season. That means they'll be healthy and peaking in late December and early  January. . We got the division wrapped up. There's no way the other dog turd teams in the AFC east can overtake the Bills. You don't win rings in the regular season.😎

Edited by Joe Ferguson
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

The way Shakir abuses his body he is bound to get hurt. But this is a good thing. It's better for the Bills players getting injured this early in the season. That means they'll be healthy and peaking in late December and early  January. . We got the division wrapped up. There's no way the other dog turd teams in the AFC east can overtake the Bills. You don't win rings in the regular season.😎

I agree with you that the Dolphins and Pats have no shot since they don't have a QB, but the Jets can challenge the Bills for the division.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I agree with you that the Dolphins and Pats have no shot since they don't have a QB, but the Jets can challenge the Bills for the division.

You might be right but that's a hard sell after they just choked for the Broncos.

18 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:
  • We'll probably see more 12-personnel this game than usual with Shakir out.  Hopefully that means more involvement from Knox than just blocking.
  • We are going to miss Shakir for sure, but his typical 5-6 catches for 50-60 yards can be readily redistributed among Coleman/Kincaid/Knox/Samuel/Cook. (Notice I didn't say Hollins?) It would also be nice to see "playoff mode" MVS show up in this game as well.
  • Through the first 3 games when the Bills were the top-scoring offense in the league, one of their hallmarks was their heavy use of pre-snap motion. For whatever reason, that was minimized in the game plan against the Ravens. Hopefully Brady makes that a bigger part of the offense again on Sunday.
  • I remember after Coleman had that back-breaking drop at the end of the fist half Sunday night, he was clearly very frustrated with himself. He responded by making some difficult catches in the 2nd half. Maybe that will serve as a springboard for him to become what we hope (and need) for him to be.

Brady is also probably frustrated with himself for blowing a big comeback last game by getting cute. He's going to be very focused. I'm thinking a committed (boring) ground attack with 12 personnel with an occasional play-action deep pass to MVS and deep outs to Coleman.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Injuries are a part of the game! Seems we have been banged up more than others the past few seasons 

I feel like the ‘amount’ of injuries is comparable to other teams…but they always find our best possible defensive players at the worst times 🤣

5 minutes ago, finn said:

Miami has great receivers but no quarterback, we have a great quarterback with no receivers.

I'll take our problem any day. 

Hopefully you will eat these words Sunday evening.  😘

32 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

I'm not concerned about his targets being dispersed, its more who he's looking to on a crucial 3rd down.  

37 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

We're very fortunate that the AFCE teams are bad this season. We obviously have to use that to our advantage waiting for several players to return. Maybe this whole damn season will be one big "load management".  Maybe everyone is healthy going into January?  But then again maybe pigs will fly?

Edited by LABILLBACKER

9 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Probably shouldn't be favored here TBH. 

Were focused more on our own team here obviously but this ‘they beat bad teams but lost to a good one’ criticism easily applies to Houston too and they didn’t look particularly good in any of those wins. 

the spread being that close makes sense…I wouldn’t be shocked if it gets closer to even if Bernard or t johnson are active 

doesn’t mean they won’t find it starting this week but Houston has been pretty underwhelming so far 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan