Shakir and Oliver both out Sunday

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Every season is the same. It's crazy. We look like the best team in football in September, then we lose one game which causes everything to spiral out of control, and then we get hit with a ridiculous amount of injuries especially on defense.

It’s almost as if it’s happened before like 4 times in the McD era. And yet they still don’t learn from it and have viable backup plans in place. 

nobody could have called that with 1 injury to the WR group that this groups of misfits at the WR position would be in serious danger of being the worst group of pass catchers Allen has ever had. Again, let’s completely disregard the best QB this team has ever had and leave him with a pile of crap to throw to. 

10 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

This narrative is old and tired.....this board thought the Bills had some magic staff a couple years ago now all the players train wrong.  Not saying that cannot be a thing, but this can be explained much more clearly by the fact these guys play an immensely physical game, injuries are inevitable.   There is nothing that indicates the Bills are doing something wrong IMO.

I wasn’t saying that at all.

shorter pre-season bumps and bruises being carried in to the regular season, getting worse / quicker?

the NFL should take a look at the CFL season.

less training camp, OTAs, optional team activities, etc…

give the players time off to heal, rest, relax..,

Edited by Savage

17 minutes ago, JP51 said:

any insight on the Texans run D... cause I see this as a possession running game... run time... hide safteys and LBs and DL.. er.... well the whole defense... keep it close and hopefully pull it out.. 

any insight on the Texans run D... cause I see this as a possession running game... run time... hide safteys and LBs and DL.. er.... well the whole defense... keep it close and hopefully pull it out.. 

tough to tell anything this year as three of their games were bears, colts, jaguars.  Last year they had a good run defense but Blake cashman, Sheldon rankins, and Maliek collins left and their DT play has been pretty bad so far 

jaguars didn’t have any trouble running on them but colts/bears they could just load up against the run 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Technically speaking, yes.

I expect we'll see Smoot and Toohill kicking to the interior on passing downs, with a rotation of Rousseau, Epenesa, and Soloman at EDGE.

Kick Groot inside on passing downs, should be doing it anyway, but it’s time for the D coaches to show they really can justify all the credit they get.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Not sure why all the gloom and doom about Shakir being out. 90% of this board wanted Diggs gone. We'll now you get what you wanted. A two TE run heavy offense that deemphasizes the greatest QB the franchise has ever had. 

Way to go Beane!! Without Shakir this group is actually worse than 2018. 

Best thing that can happen is Bills win another miracle game from Josh.

Second best thing is they get shut out and forces Beane to go get Adams.

il_794xN.893304272_39fh.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Savage said:

I wasn’t saying that at all.

shorter pre-season bumps and bruises being carried in to the regular season, getting worse / quicker?

the NFL should take a look at the CFL season.

less training camp, OTAs, optional team activities, etc…

give the players time off to heal, rest, relax..,

I dont agree......they give players extra time off for anything going on in the offseason.  The OTA's and team activities are not likely to contribute to in season injuries.  Giving the players more time off will probably not change much, if anything it could make things worse if they get out of shape.

FFS. I dont remember when we were great in the 90s getting so many bad injuries to our stars like we have had in the past 3 years. Some of course but not this regular list of players being out for weeks and sometimes months. I know the NFL is bigger, heavier, faster and more dangerous than those day but we have no luck.

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I dont agree......they give players extra time off for anything going on in the offseason.  The OTA's and team activities are not likely to contribute to in season injuries.  Giving the players more time off will probably not change much, if anything it could make things worse if they get out of shape.

Hard to agree or disagree either way, because we’ll never know.

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

FFS. I dont remember when we were great in the 90s getting so many bad injuries to our stars like we have had in the past 3 years. Some of course but not this regular list of players being out for weeks and sometimes months. I know the NFL is bigger, heavier, faster and more dangerous than those day but we have no luck.

Well guys also were harder back then.   More diagnosed injuries and preventative measures are in place to keep these Ferraris available as long as possible.

4 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Move Coleman to slot since that is really his natural position.  He'll be able to get separation with no press coverage.

Try Samuel and MVS outside.

Hollins is a backup.

This is a very thin WR core

we quietly got thinner

• Haha (+1) 3

My own take on what WR plays best where but I think this would be a great time for Samuels to not only get on the field but prove he can do something other than run pass routes that RB's run.  He should be able to do it and it would be nice for him to show that.  We always seem to be missing half our DLine.  We have decent to good starters across the line but on most Sundays half of them are playing hurt or missing altogether.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

My own take on what WR plays best where but I think this would be a great time for Samuels to not only get on the field but prove he can do something other than run pass routes that RB's run.  He should be able to do it and it would be nice for him to show that.  We always seem to be missing half our DLine.  We have decent to good starters across the line but on most Sundays half of them are playing hurt or missing altogether.

lets hope it’s just a sweep or end around and none of that direct snap debacle that took place on Sunday night. 

Just now, Sojourner said:

lets hope it’s just a sweep or end around and none of that direct snap debacle that took place on Sunday night. 

I see your end around and raise you a "go play wr".  Instead of doing gadget things it would be nice if Samuel could to some degree step in and have some production with Shakir out.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Samuel will pick up…he’s proven reliable over a pretty big sample size it’s not like Deonte harty where we were guessing he’d take a leap in productivity.  It’s just way too early to dig into anyone’s numbers especially when we were just running out the clock most of the second half in 66% of our wins 

• Like (+1) 1