Shakir and Oliver both out Sunday

Alphadawg7

24 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Not sure why all the gloom and doom about Shakir being out. 90% of this board wanted Diggs gone. We'll now you get what you wanted. A two TE run heavy offense that deemphasizes the greatest QB the franchise has ever had. 

Way to go Beane!! Without Shakir this group is actually worse than 2018. 

Best thing that can happen is Bills win another miracle game from Josh.

Second best thing is they get shut out and forces Beane to go get Adams.

90% of the board wanted him gone because it was 100% clear he didnt want to be here, which he has said in the media since the move.   

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Almost seems the NFL player has gone the route of those in the NBA and MLB when it comes to injuries.

TWEEK?.....out.

Maybe they're just self load managing themselves?  Who knows, but @Savage is right there have been a few more injuries to top players than usual.  Are conditioning staffs doing something wrong?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

From the way some people on here talk, every single NFL team misses 4-6 starters in every single game.

The bills have this rare ability to lose the two best starters in one position group lol then everyone still uses the ‘every team has injuries’ line.  Chiefs would be 0-4 if you took their two best linebackers away. Heck they might be 0-4 if you just took Bolton away 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

90% of the board wanted him gone because it was 100% clear he didnt want to be here, which he has said in the media since the move.   

That’s some serious revisionist history. 90% of this board was in denial about him pushing his way out, thought he was untradeable and said we needed his talent on the team. That only changed AFTER he was traded.

• Like (+1) 1

As long as we have Josh we are in it….

McD is a top 5 coach, who we gonna get to replace him…..

It’s not a rebuild it’s a slight retooling…..

The East is weak, that guarantees 6 wins…..

The AFC is weak, we are the second best team……

Injuries are a luck thing😒

This might be the best WR room since Diggs, Beasely and Brown…..

Kincaid is going to crush it this year……

Shakir is going to crush it this year……

Samual is going to crush it this year……

Brady is a sneaky good OC and we should be better with him getting to implement HIS scheme.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Houston will win. The bobbleheads on TV will all be talking about how Diggs got his revenge, blah, blah, blah. 

It’ll come down to the trenches as most football games do.  Half our games have been against extremely mobile qbs so I’d expect the dline to be better in this one now that contain isn’t as important  even without Ed

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We absolutely need to go get another WR. Not just a ps guy. A real threat at WR.  Shakir is a nice player but even with him we are thin. Stop being cheap and go make a move

This was always a concern with the WR room and the Bills have no one else to blame but themselves:

Shakir - only WR that can separate (now injured)

Coleman - doesn’t separate/rookie

Hollins - doesn’t separate

Samuel - non factor

MVS - cooked

When the Bills traded Diggs we thought Beane had something in mind to replace him.  Maybe trade for Brandon Auiyuk or trading up trading up for Rome Odunze of Brian Thomas Jr.  

NOPE…just Keon Coleman and MVS

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’ll come down to the trenches as most football games do.  Half our games have been against extremely mobile qbs so I’d expect the dline to be better in this one now that contain isn’t as important  even without Ed

I worry about our OL against their DL. Danielle Hunter and Will Anderson namely. I also worry about who do we have to match up with Nico. Our guys have seen enough of Diggs to know his every tendency. Collins has turned into a huge threat in their offense though. 

12 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s some serious revisionist history. 90% of this board was in denial about him pushing his way out, thought he was untradeable and said we needed his talent on the team. That only changed AFTER he was traded.

I didn’t want him to be traded but was down on him after he choked against KC in the playoffs.  My hope was draft a top WR to play 1 season with Diggs and move on.

57 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I agree on the whole bargain bin, but I cant believe they didnt draft a second WR in a strong draft class after losing Diggs and Gabe 

This was my main gripe as well.   It usually takes a rookie a season or two before they can be a dependable target.   I wanted them to go back-to-back picks at WR

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Maybe they're just self load managing themselves?  Who knows, but @Savage is right there have been a few more injuries to top players than usual.  Are conditioning staffs doing something wrong?

Load managing for stretch runs in MLB and NBA I get. More NFL players sitting out games than usual, been that way for awhile. 

The "take one for the gipper" team mindset is long gone. It's a money thing. I'll admit it, I'm living in the past      

25 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Players doing off season training on their own, and not necessarily team endorsed / recommended?

any insight on the Texans run D... cause I see this as a possession running game... run time... hide safteys and LBs and DL.. er.... well the whole defense... keep it close and hopefully pull it out.. 

Edited by JP51

4 minutes ago, Savage said:

Players doing off season training on their own, and not necessarily team endorsed / recommended?

This narrative is old and tired.....this board thought the Bills had some magic staff a couple years ago now all the players train wrong.  Not saying that cannot be a thing, but this can be explained much more clearly by the fact these guys play an immensely physical game, injuries are inevitable.   There is nothing that indicates the Bills are doing something wrong IMO.