Shakir and Oliver both out Sunday

Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

Literally looking at missing HALF the starters on D vs a team with arguably the best skill player set in the league, what could go wrong?!

Oh and I forgot, not a single starting WR on the field either, this is going to be fun.

Let's see...

Bernard

Johnson

Rapp

Miller

Oliver

Milano

Am I forgetting anyone? 

The only positive here is this is happening early in the year and not in the playoffs. And it does give our backups real snaps and experience for if they are needed down the road. 

Doesn't help much in the moment as I expect the Texans offense to roll easily. This game could be uglier than the Ravens game IMO.

• Like (+1) 3

I seem to recall discussions this offseason about how our razor thin WR group would leave zero margin for error.

So here we are, going into one of the biggest games of the season, with Mack Hollins, Curtis Samuel, and Keon Coleman at WR. 

I will always love Brandon Beane, and I'm still a big fan of his overall, but...he absolutely criminally mismanaged the WR position this offseason. It's maddening.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

23 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We absolutely need to go get another WR. Not just a ps guy. A real threat at WR.  Shakir is a nice player but even with him we are thin. Stop being cheap and go make a move

I’m sure teams with decent WRs are looking at the Bills’ draft picks and overall WR situation and just waiting to bend them over and give them……a WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Let's see...

Bernard

Johnson

Rapp

Miller

Oliver

Milano

Am I forgetting anyone? 

The only positive here is this is happening early in the year and not in the playoffs. And it does give our backups real snaps and experience for if they are needed down the road. 

Doesn't help much in the moment as I expect the Texans offense to roll easily. This game could be uglier than the Ravens game IMO.

Bernard will be out there and Miller is a role player at this point, so we'll likely be down 4 defensive starters along with Von and Austin Johnson.

The loss of Shakir will be huge as well. I'm willing to bet McD is being very conservative with some of these guys as we absolutely need to be closer to full strength for the key division game next week. It could very well get ugly again on defense. As someone else mentioned, I'm hoping for a Keon Coleman breakout game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Literally looking at missing HALF the starters on D vs a team with arguably the best skill player set in the league, what could go wrong?!

Oh and I forgot, not a single starting WR on the field either, this is going to be fun.

images.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

I seem to recall discussions this offseason about how our razor thin WR group would leave zero margin for error.

So here we are, going into one of the biggest games of the season, with Mack Hollins, Curtis Samuel, and Keon Coleman at WR. 

most hyped up, sure.  Biggest… I dunno about that.  If we end up losing though, the game @New Jersey the following Sunday becomes big, though.

• Like (+1) 1

Once the decision was made on Diggs, what could Beane have done given our poor cap situation for this season?  He had to shop in the bargain bin, and that is why we ended up with MVS and Hollins (and Samuel as a low mid-priced free agent acquisition).  We will see if Coleman turns out to the right pick in the draft, but our cap situation dictated the limited additions we were able to make to our WR group and our roster in general in free agency or trades.

• Agree 4