Tasker still in running for HOF

tomdayfan

He's one of 60 senior nominees who made it through the cut from 182. Jack Kemp is also on the list. Tom Sestak and Darryl Talley didn't make the cut. Sestak was a beast.

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/2024/10/60-seniors-advance-in-voting-process-for-pro-football-hall-of-fame-class-of-2025/?fbclid=IwY2xjawFrtzdleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHbYd9_TC7G_msWH2xU9T1_xRsmJzZRSe3rFZ-E4dMCjEPn_JtTdBaBjytg_aem_UR5Ra3mB1qKzO2rXfy4NNA

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love me some DT not sure he is HOF though... I would think Cornelius Bennett more than DT (although this is a clear debate) ... Steve Tasker really took special teams to a new level... I hope they both get in just cause they are Bills... I think Steve has the best shot obviously cause he made the cut. Sestak I just dont remember I was probably on the bottle with out booze when he played. LOL 

My guess is Albert Lewis, Kuchenberg and LC Greenwood make it thru after looking at it...   but I debated a few like Fralic and Hinton also Roger Craig and Tasker, clayton and swilling... lots of good names there. 

8 minutes ago, JP51 said:

I love me some DT not sure he is HOF though... I would think Cornelius Bennett more than DT (although this is a clear debate) ... Steve Tasker really took special teams to a new level... I hope they both get in just cause they are Bills... I think Steve has the best shot obviously cause he made the cut. Sestak I just dont remember I was probably on the bottle with out booze when he played. LOL 

I dont see Bennett getting in due to character issues imo

4 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

that greg bell trade is still one of the best returns. 

sad that his actions in that hotel incident are going to keep a great player out. I wonder if we had won a SB or multiple would that be an afterthought and him put in? 

Tasker is 100% in years ago if he has a ring. 

10 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Ray Lewis covered up a murder and got in.  I do not think character is very important to Hall of Fame.

Tasker changed special teams - they changed rules for a number of teams could not handle him 3 on 1.   He was not "just another special teams player".

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have always thought Tasker's best shot was once he was a senior nominee. They tend to look more at those less traditional contributors and I think he could very well find a route in that way. Whether it is this year, who knows. 

Tasker's chance depends on who will go to bat for him in voting.

1 minute ago, JP51 said:

I think this is a fair statement... I think its telling he isnt even on the list. 

I agree with you on Tasker, if a punter got in for ST work, Tasker most certainly should be in

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JP51 said:

Agreed. DT is my favorite player of all time, but he is not HOF

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Sorry but Tasker does not belong in HOF. 

Neither does Levy for that matter

Hall of fame, not the hall of excellence, that’s why they call it what they call it,