Josh Allen is making $60m this season

9 hours ago, julian said:

They needed to save for that giant Bronze statue of Allen leaping or the 30 foot Buffalo out front of the new stadium.

I purpose they save money and just make it one statue, of Allen hurdling a charging 🦬 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh makes more money than the country of Tuvalu. He should buy it and rename it Joshalu.

Now that the NFL allows private equity, I wonder how long before these players that have more money than God end up taking ownership stakes in their teams.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sorry if posted... I didn't see it.

I came upon this buffalo rumblings article today:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2024/10/3/24261159/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-quietly-renegotiated-his-contract-this-offseason

Read it, but it cites this tweet by Mike Ginniti

So basically... that restructure was in large part a way to give Allen fair compensation. Looking at those upcoming salaries, you can bet he's getting a new deal entirely in the offseason.

Nah. I bet it's at least two-years out.

9 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh has a very low cap hit next year for two reasons 1 can renegotiate and not affect current structure of the team and 2 allows the Bills to actually play in free agency instead of just letting guys go anymore. 
In other words Beane did this deal with the idea of this truly being a “transition” year. Despite his waxing poetic about the signings of Curtis Samuel and well Curtis Samuel 

His cap hit is higher next year.

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

I hope he can afford to put a roof over his head and food on the table. Poor guy.

Don’t tell anyone because it’s supposed to be a surprise, but he’s going to put a roof over ALL of our heads with a dome getting added to the new stadium at the last minute. He just wants to give something back to the fans.

At least, that’s what I heard.  

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

And after NYS taxes, $43,500

Not much left to pay the city and county taxes with. It could get tight! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K D said:

Josh makes more money than the country of Tuvalu. He should buy it and rename it Joshalu.

Now that the NFL allows private equity, I wonder how long before these players that have more money than God end up taking ownership stakes in their teams.

how much money does god have?

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So basically... that restructure was in large part a way to give Allen fair compensation. Looking at those upcoming salaries, you can bet he's getting a new deal entirely in the offseason.

(EDIT: These numbers, especially about this year's cap hit, are wrong. Don't want to change the post below, as I always try to own it when I'm wrong. But I also don't want to spread misinfo, and I was wrong about some of the specifics in this post. Very sorry about that.)

The contract was fair beforehand. This wasn't about fairness. It was about taking more money into this year's cap and freeing up space in 2025 and 2028.

This is the year when we eat dead money, and now extra salary for Josh. With this move, though, the future gets even brighter.

I gotta wear shades.

Smart move by Beane. It's good for both parties. Josh gets extra money earlier, financially better for Josh. The Bills get more pain this year and more freedom later. I love it.

It's interesting how the first move, the re-structure to spread out the hit, took place before the Diggs trade. Although there's no exact date, the move to move the money hit back to this year almost certainly came after the Diggs trade resulted in the major dead cap hit and the lack of a clear #1 WR.

Edited by Thurman#1