Should the Bills trade for a top-tier weapon before the trade deadline?

34 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I disagree. McDermott and Brady got schooled by Harbaugh, but it’s also apparent to me that Buffalo lacks the firepower to compete w/ the top teams in the AFC. Josh Allen is not going to play forever. They need to get him somebody, anybody because the receivers on this team are average to below average. Maybe that will change later on in the year as Coleman (who looked good on Sunday) continues to develop, but why not spend a draft pick on a sure thing? It worked w/ Diggs. People would be straight up lying if they said they wouldn’t be excited about Devante Adams. He’s a piece of crap, but he can ball. Works for the Chiefs 

Adams is gone after this season.  We arent paying 34.5M a year for next 2 years.  Its a half season rental.  So trading for him if he isnt going to get us over the hump is a waste of draft assets that could have been used to draft a WR to be here 4 years on a rookie deal.  

You only make the trade for Adams if you are certain it puts you legitimately into serious contention to win the SB.  

Against the Ravens we were not a Davante Adams away from winning that game.  But you also can't base it on one game.  So I think Beane will more likely wait and see what this team does next couple weeks before he knows if Adams gets us to the big dance or not.  If not, its a waste of time. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

A top tier WR would be great, but maybe the needs on defense are greater.  Still not convinced that our safety play is strong enough and help at DT and DE may be the most significant need given our lack of quality depth on the d-line.  LB is a need as well, but if Bernard can come back this week or next week and Milano in December, we should be okay.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, taglientep said:

GO GET THE PLAYERS THAT WILL ACCOMPLISH THE GOAL OF THE SEASON.... WIN IT ALL 

I am kinda done with the mentality of "lets not spend too much".. meh lets get it done.  

Do you not know what Von got? Diggs? Dawkins? Brown? Knox?

Beane is spending money. 

Edited by Draconator

“Everybody Eats” is just a catch phrase created to mask the fact that this WR group is barely serviceable and it’s a sin to saddle a generational talent at quarterback with such mediocrity. Mack Hollins getting meaningful snaps? Shakir an uncontested WR1? Get someone in here whom defenses genuinely respect. If Miami and NY weren’t such train wrecks (not certain the Jets are), a playoff berth would be questionable. Flame away, Homers 🤪

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Amari Cooper is the obvious choice if the Browns continue to struggle and he becomes available.

The “everybody eats” shtick is just being done out of necessity. The Bills need more talent at WR on the outside if they want to compete in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

Come on…. Let’s balance the books for the future, I’m sure Allen will understand having a nice cap being more important than trying to win it all every year.

Just be patient Josh, help is on the way once we have a cap situation worthy of praise by the media.

It’s kind of a broken record at this point. Why does everyone create all this noise about top tier weapons via FA, trade and draft?  Look at their actions and let’s stop wasting time speculating about something that won’t happen 

Look what we ended up in getting in Rasul Douglas. I'll bet 90% of the board had no idea who he was before the trade but pretty sure most are happy with the results. Would anyone be upset if we ended up giving a 3rd for a Drake London or a Darius Slayton or Jakobi Meyers? I like the move as felt all are better than MVS and Hollis and as a result improve our WR room yet not kill our cap and don't think either bring the divaness of a Adams or DHop would. Toss in they're below 30 and could be guys we could keep on fair contract for a few more years. 

• Like (+1) 1