Safety play: Actually pretty good?

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

my thoughts honestly...we have played probably 3 of the worst teams in the league thus far

just saying

Sadly, there is a lot of evidence to support this thesis. 

Only questions are   how did we kill the Dolphins and  the Cardinals destroy the Rams?  We have been crushing Miami post Josh (provided were are not in the unshaded hot Miami weather ) and too many Rams injuries to overcome.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

There seems to have been a narrative that our safety play has been pretty poor this season. While Hamlin, Rapp, and Bishop have had moments of struggles this season, some of the numbers are actually surprising. 

I’ll start off by saying our worst defender, by far, has been Cam Lewis. I’m not sure if he counts as a safety or not, he seems to be filling in at NCB for Johnson. Possibly rotating with Ingram, or is Ingram mainly been the dime DB? All I know is the QB stat line while targeting Cam is this:

22 of 29 (76%)

216 yards 

1 TD

7 missed tackles (20%)

Love our UB guys, as a UB guy myself, but he needs the bench, and he needs it badly.

Now for the other guys

Damar Hamlin - Hasn’t been perfect, probably isn’t a full time starter, but I don’t think any of us predicted this:

7-15 (46%) - Phenomenal 

83 yards 0 TDs 

1 INT 3 PBUs - Very good

1 missed tackle (4%) - Great

Cole Bishop - Very limited playing time thus far, but should have career start #1 next week. Still only given up 2-4 for 17 yards. Has 1 PBU, but also has one missed tackle. 

Taylor Rapp - There is a chance that Taylor Rapp has actually been silently outstanding this season so far. He’s only been targeted 4 times all season, Miami and Baltimore didn’t target him at all (granted he played 9 snaps vs Balt). The result  has been 1 catch (25%) for 12 yards. He has 1 PBU and 1 tackle for loss, with only 1 missed tackle so far. 

Thoughts? Observations? 

🦬

Wee don't have a DB issue.  Look Baltimore was bad coaching,that's it.  I would add more size to our DT's and LB's, but that isn't why we lost.

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Wee don't have a DB issue.  Look Baltimore was bad coaching,that's it.  I would add more size to our DT's and LB's, but that isn't why we lost.

Sadly this is true, & dreadful lack of in game adjustments I put on McDermott.

And just the week before we were all paranoid over which coordinator would we lose first?  Seems like a generation ago now.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

There seems to have been a narrative that our safety play has been pretty poor this season. While Hamlin, Rapp, and Bishop have had moments of struggles this season, some of the numbers are actually surprising. 

I’ll start off by saying our worst defender, by far, has been Cam Lewis. I’m not sure if he counts as a safety or not, he seems to be filling in at NCB for Johnson. Possibly rotating with Ingram, or is Ingram mainly been the dime DB? All I know is the QB stat line while targeting Cam is this:

22 of 29 (76%)

216 yards 

1 TD

7 missed tackles (20%)

Love our UB guys, as a UB guy myself, but he needs the bench, and he needs it badly.

Now for the other guys

Damar Hamlin - Hasn’t been perfect, probably isn’t a full time starter, but I don’t think any of us predicted this:

7-15 (46%) - Phenomenal 

83 yards 0 TDs 

1 INT 3 PBUs - Very good

1 missed tackle (4%) - Great

Cole Bishop - Very limited playing time thus far, but should have career start #1 next week. Still only given up 2-4 for 17 yards. Has 1 PBU, but also has one missed tackle. 

Taylor Rapp - There is a chance that Taylor Rapp has actually been silently outstanding this season so far. He’s only been targeted 4 times all season, Miami and Baltimore didn’t target him at all (granted he played 9 snaps vs Balt). The result  has been 1 catch (25%) for 12 yards. He has 1 PBU and 1 tackle for loss, with only 1 missed tackle so far. 

Thoughts? Observations? 

🦬

I’m against the grain here - I don’t think the safety play fron Rapp has been that bad

Hamlin has no business being an nfl starting safety he’s not mean enough…I’m hoping Cole bishop is ready very soon

our problem is definitely linebacker - and with injuries I think we all see that coming

dorian Williams is a disappointment for me - that kid gets abused so much and it won’t be pretty again this week against the Texans