Tom Brady FOX announcer Critiques/Praises Thread

ryguy101

He was surprisingly poor in the game I saw some of. There are some network executives who could lose their jobs over this kind of poor. He should have been brought along at lower levels of football prior to doing NFL games. I’m sure that he’ll be given time to develop, but right now it’s very rough going. 

• Agree 2

A dude famous for being unlikable to 90% of the country is still unlikable. Shocking. 

If nobody told you it was Brady, you'd have no idea it was him. That's how unrecognizable he is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

He did a post game wrap up with the studio team on a game I watched a couple of weeks ago, and he actually said something interesting during one of his answers...i think he has potential, but he comes across as a cardboard cutout of a personality and says super obvious clichés during the game

• Like (+1) 1

His voice itself is cringe-worthy.  Doesn't have that "announcer" type sound and cadence that a fan would be looking for

On top of that, he just doesn't shut up.  Take a breath and come up for air once in awhile.  Let the play-by-play guy have some space to frame out the events and status of what's going on

And lastly, he's Tom Freaking Brady.  He can eat a bag of d*cks for all eternity

He is way too rigid.  Like he feels like he needs to stick every single point, and pronounce every word perfectly.  

He needs to relax, loosen his collar, and just have fun and let it rip.  He isn't a QB any more, and trying to be perfect as a commentator is silly.   Sometimes he will make a joke and fall on his face, or make a mistake.  Its fine.  

Im kind of rooting for him to do well.  I dont know, he looked really nervous the first week and I found it really human of him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

He's annoying.

Yup, I’d kick him in the balls if I saw him on the street, 😂