Week 5, Bills v. Texans, PREDICT THE SCORE!

Congratulations again to Week 4 winner @Virgil!

The 3-1 Bills make part 2 of a three-straight game roady down to Houston to take on the 3-1 Texans.  "The Stef Diggs Revenge" game promises to be a wild affair, what with the grudge match vibe and all.  The Bills are fresh from getting their asses kicked all over M&T by the Ravens on SNF, and they play a rare (this year) 1:00 game Sunday.  Will the weird start time affect the game?  I don't know, but it will be nice to watch a game while the sun is shining.

So who's gonna show up for the Bills?  The D that turtles and can't stop anything?  Sugar Rush Josh having to play hero ball because his receivers all of a sudden have the case of the Gabe Dav....errrr....dropsies?  Or the team that steamrollered the Cards, Fish, and Jagoffs?  I keep going back and forth on this one.  We beat a bunch of cupcakes, and the Texans ain't no cupcake.  It doesn't look like the Bills are capable of beating anything other than a cupcake with their depleted defense (Von suspension is a killer) and dysfunctional offense right now.  I have a sense of doom about this one.  Stef gets his, no revenge for the Bills, and we end up 3-2 afterwards:

Beews - 28

Texans - 31  

Past Winners

Week 1 - @LabattBlue

Week 2 - @BuffaloMatt

Week 3 - @Rockinon

Week 4 - @Virgil

After getting historically embarrassed, I expect this group to have a statement game. Unfortunately that statement is the we have that dawg in us, but it’s an oversized Pomeranian. We survive a barn-burner but have to suffer through two scripted Diggs TDs where he mocks us with choreographed celebrations and we pretend it doesn’t bother us. 

Texans 34

Bills 41

• Like (+1) 1

No Von.  That’s a bigger deal no matter what you think especially for this game where our front 4 have to get home.  

Not counting on Taron or Bernard playing at the moment….so maybe my gut feel will change.  And if Mixon plays….that guy kills us.  

Dawkins a hammy.  That’s awesome going against Anderson and Hunter.  

Not really feeling it.  But that’s ok.  I expect the Jets to be 2-3 as we enter this game.   

Texans 27 Bills 23 

Get ready for the Jets.  If they lose Sunday expect to see an Adams trade Monday morning.   

I think most of us would have signed up for 4-2 after the Jets game.  That works for me - would mean the Jets are 2-4 with a loss to us.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, benderbender said:

After getting historically embarrassed, I expect this group to have a statement game. Unfortunately that statement is the we have that dawg in us, but it’s an oversized Pomeranian. We survive a barn-burner but have to suffer through two scripted Diggs TDs where he mocks us with choreographed celebrations and we pretend it doesn’t bother us. 

Texans 34

Bills 41

I'm gonna say 4th qtr. Josh and 31-24

Texans 30

Bills 21

Trying something different this week. I've predicted a win in every game but even the wins I predicted I was way off on what the game script would look like. So, hopefully my feelings about this game will turn out similarly wrong.

I worry that Joe Mixon is the exact type of RB that will give us issues. I worry that we have no one that can get pressure on CJ Stroud. I worry Baltimore laid out the blueprint for how to slow down our offense and if I'm being honest even 21 points seems optimistic. I worry that Bass vs Fairbairn is as wide a talent gap as anything else in this game.

Call it an overreaction but I'm not going to shake the Ravens beatdown until the Bills show me it was a one time fluke.

• Thank you (+1) 1