Pulling for Knox to have a breakout game on Sunday

Billsfed1

Four games into the season and we really haven't seen much.  I know he's being utilized in the run game and doing a fine job there...and I get that Kincaid is a better overall receiving talent, but IMO Dawson certainly can be an effective weapon in the passing game.  

Some of the best catches I've seen anybody make in a Bills uniform (especially over the past several seasons) have been from Knox.  Brady has done a good job of spreading it around and trying to get everyone involved, but I wish he'd quit playing hide and seek with 88.  I think if they can get Knox going and at least one of Samuel/Hollins/MVS, it'll give the offense that complete look that it doesn't quite seem to have right now.

• Haha (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, Augie said:

Pride of homeownership. I like it!  

Car ownwership.  He likes to have it clean driving to and from high level meetings

49 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Average receiving TE getting paid way to much to block. When we're in 12 personnel he's not even looked to as a target? That money will be better spent hopefully down the road. 

How about we just pass to him on purpose few more times ?

I know we all talk about how these coaches know much more football than us. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out how we cannot figure out 12 personnel. Especially now, with more teams staying in Cover 2 shells.

It blows my mind.

Brandon Beane must be SCREAMING every Sunday that he spent a first round pick on a TE, and paid another TE like top 7 money, and we CANNOT get a staff who can figure out how to use them both effectively.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I know we all talk about how these coaches know much more football than us. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out how we cannot figure out 12 personnel. Especially now, with more teams staying in Cover 2 shells.

It blows my mind.

Brandon Beane must be SCREAMING every Sunday that he spent a first round pick on a TE, and paid another TE like top 7 money, and we CANNOT get a staff who can figure out how to use them both effectively.

There has been something to this and I agree.

Had hoped Brady would move forward on this front.

But , to be fair  its not too late to figure it out. Brady is still playing around with game plans. Can he/they execute different fronts ? Is yet to be decided

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I like Knox, but just once it would be really fun to invest in a skill position player and actually get the value back on. 

Bills really never figured out how to get the best of Him

Recall those angry runs ? They were amazing and inspiring

dropped key balls. But get him on the run with the Ball and he put the fear into safeties and LBs both

What happened to that ? Injuries , coaching ??

With Knox a few years and adding Kincaid, it seemed like with an awesome QB like Josh it would be like T Brady with Gronk & Hernandez (no murder jokes please).

It doesn't seem like it's going to be anything like that combo for Josh. Still time, but not feeling it. 

34 minutes ago, MJS said:

He's a 2nd string TE now. There is just no world where he is going to ever get significant targets.

I don’t see why not. Kincaid’s numbers are very pedestrian. I’m not sure he is any better than Dawson Knox and I’m beginning to think it was not a wise use of a first round draft pick taking him,

26 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It blows my mind.

This.

I have no complaints weeks 1 - 3 for obvious reasons.  9 people caught the ball week 1, Cook dominated week 2 and we took the 2nd half off, week 3 10 people caught passes and again took the 2nd half off...no one is gonna have high usage stats under those great circumstances.

BUT...Baltimore was supposed to be most vulnerable up the middle of that defense and if there was ever a game to get 12 personnel going it was that one.  Yet for the first time in 13 games with Brady it was the first one where I felt like he did not have the right plan.  

I will say this...execution on the field killed us too when we were getting momentum at times.  The OL was getting worked and confused up front, the stupid trick play, Kincaid and Keon with 2 key drops in the first half, and dumb penalties.  Still, even though we had moments where we seemed to get into a rhythm (before shooting our own selves in the foot), I don't understand why we didn't utilize both TE's more.

I have defended Mack as having value, and mostly as a blocker, both this offseason and during the season.  And he has done just that.  But at no point was he ever to be more than 5th or 6th target at best in our offense.  When we are looking to get the ball moving through the pass game we need to either get Samuel going (another mystery) along side Keon and Shakir, or we need to get into 12 personnel and get Knox involved as well with Keon and Shakir out there with them.  

Knox had 15 TD's the 2 seasons before drafting Kincaid and that was with relatively low usage.  Dorsey completely forgot he was on the team and Brady hasn't really gotten him involved yet either.  

I do trust Brady more to find a way to get the right personnel out there compared to Dorsey.  So I hope he grows from that Raven game and starts looking at what an asset the 12 personnel can be with these 2 guys in games like that.  Doesn't mean every week it makes the most sense, I like varying our approach based on our opponent.