Are we done committing Fandom Seppuku yet?

Yes? No?  Anyway here goes, Like I said last week we are going to not to undefeated and would lose this season and its OK, Seriously its ok. What we saw against the Ravens was mostly coaching, and I know there is wailing and gnashing of teeth about talent, and yeah we aren't there yet, but coaching cost us.  We went in with the same Big Nickle BS that McDermott runs, and did so  against a power running team, and got Trucked.  I said run a 5-2 this last week and gap control instead of running upfield (which the Ravens gladly invited Oliver to do) and we paid greatly.  We made very little 2nd half adjustments and I feel Sean should have stepped in to help Babich the 2nd half.

Offense, They blitzed our #1 ranked pass blocking OL while taking away the Middle of the field. Roll Josh out, throw to the outside.  Where has the Screen game gone? I haven't seen one worth a damn ran by the Bills since the 90's.  Go 5 wide, make them spread out, many different ways to skin that cat... and on both sides of the ball we did jack.

That said, its past time to move on. We have very winnable games in front of us and as long as this coaching staff has a proper game plan per opponent we face (instead of forcing a cookie cutter "works for all" plan) then we will be fine.  We didn't just suck over night.

Some things to remember...

Its a marathon not a sprint.

Playoffs are made in November, December and part of January

We have the best damn QB on the planet

And lastly... we are in a huge retooling year. Tons of cap room being offloaded, tons of new talent so growing pains are going to happen.

Lets be honest, everyone is up in arms because the Media, who you should NEVER listen to, were kissing our butts and Josh was the greatest thing on the Planet. And when we got beat, it hurt a hell of a lot more because the same assclowns will be dumping on us.

Baltimore is done, Houston is next, kick their asses and Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yes? No?  Anyway here goes, Like I said last week we are going to not to undefeated and would lose this season and its OK, Seriously its ok. What we saw against the Ravens was mostly coaching, and I know there is wailing and gnashing of teeth about talent, and yeah we aren't there yet, but coaching cost us.  We went in with the same Big Nickle BS that McDermott runs, and did so  against a power running team, and got Trucked.  I said run a 5-2 this last week and gap control instead of running upfield (which the Ravens gladly invited Oliver to do) and we paid greatly.  We made very little 2nd half adjustments and I feel Sean should have stepped in to help Babich the 2nd half.

Offense, They blitzed our #1 ranked pass blocking OL while taking away the Middle of the field. Roll Josh out, throw to the outside.  Where has the Screen game gone? I haven't seen one worth a damn ran by the Bills since the 90's.  Go 5 wide, make them spread out, many different ways to skin that cat... and on both sides of the ball we did jack.

That said, its past time to move on. We have very winnable games in front of us and as long as this coaching staff has a proper game plan per opponent we face (instead of forcing a cookie cutter "works for all" plan) then we will be fine.  We didn't just suck over night.

And lastly... we are in a huge retooling year. Tons of cap room being offloaded, tons of new talent so growing pains are going to happen.

Lets be honest, everyone is up in arms because the Media, who you should NEVER listen to, were kissing our butts and Josh was the greatest thing on the Planet. And when we got beat, it hurt a hell of a lot more because the same assclowns will be dumping on us.

I wasn't up in arms over the media......i was hating on the lame game plan from our coaching staff.

• Like (+1) 3

No! I haven’t found my short sword yet, I got some catching up to do…

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I'm usually good with just one day of Fandom Seppuku when the Bills lose.  Then I let my Stoic training take over, shrug my shoulders, and move on.  

But this one is different.  We didn't lose.  We got destroyed.  We were both outplayed and outcoached and fully deserved the painful score than showed up on the scoreboard.  And that causes me to worry about the strength of the team.  I may be in Fandom Seppuku mode until the next win.  Winning cures everything: depression, PTSD, ED, FS...

But thanks for the upbeat post.  

• Like (+1) 2

Long season, transitional one at that... we were never going 17-0. 3-1 thru 4 is great as long as we dont end up 3-3 thru 6. Gonna be hiccups I think the measure here is how does this team evolve and gell come playoff time and do or did we do enough to get in.  Good news is our division foes dont look like world beaters... 

• Like (+1) 2

I don't think people are up in arms because of the media. I think many Bills fans are not able to handle failure. But failure is inevitable. There is no such thing as a perfect season. Games have ebbs and flows. Seasons do too. Even teams who win the super bowl go through ups and downs.

You even see it within games where fans will freak out about a single drive, or even a single play, like it is the end of the world and everyone should be fired, like the expectation is that the Bills should steam roll the opponent like they are a bunch of nobody NPC's who don't have good players, coaches, and game plans of their own. Football just isn't like that. But the Bills have spoiled us many times because of the games where they do dominate.

Expectations minus Reality equals Disappointment. Many fans need to adjust their expectations to be more in line with reality. And the reality is, the Bills will get beaten sometimes, even badly. It happens to EVERY team, even the ever holy and sacred Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm usually good with just one day of Fandom Seppuku when the Bills lose.  Then I let my Stoic training take over, shrug my shoulders, and move on.  

But this one is different.  We didn't lose.  We got destroyed.  We were both outplayed and outcoached and fully deserved the painful score than showed up on the scoreboard.  And that causes me to worry about the strength of the team.  I may be in Fandom Seppuku mode until the next win.  Winning cures everything: depression, PTSD, ED, FS...

But thanks for the upbeat post.  

The only thing I got for you is we were starting to outplay them, then they pulled out that pee-wee league bullcrap play.  &@!*%!& Morons