Von suspended for 4 games

RoscoeParrish

5 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Here’s the policy, at least as of 2022:

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/website/Departments/Salary-Cap-Agent-Admin/2022-NFL-Personal-Conduct-Policy.pdf

Seems to me it gives the league a lot of discretion, and Rice will face his own suspension once the league gets to his case.  Maybe I’m missing something in the policy that would suggest otherwise, though.

Yeah, but the Rice case is SO obvious - caught on film and everything, and he’s clearly guilty as sin. 

12 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

His base salary is 8.5 million for the year. 8.5/ 17 is .5M. So 4 games is 2M, not 1.5M.

Is he forfeiting 333k per game out of the 500k per game salary? Or in total? 

His base salary is 1.5 million.  4/17ths of that is about 333k.  He's forfeiting around 83k per game.

6 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

The NFL will probably count Rice's time on the injured list as "time served" when they finally get around to doling out their punishment for his violation of the personal conduct policy.

And award the chiefs the bills first round picks for the next 3 years for questioning Roger hunt goodell

I’d rather have a healthy Von as a 10-7 4 seed than be a 12-5 2-seed without Von.  I’m glad he’s missing games as it’s more likely he’ll be healthy at the end.  I’m especially happy he does not have to play on that terrible turf in NY which is the same turf he tore his ACL on in Detroit.  Detroit finally replaced theirs. 

1 minute ago, Just in Atlanta said:

God hates the Bills

It's the guy smoking a cigarette on the X-Files.  God doesn't really care, as long as the Cowboys lose.

Edited by Utah John

32 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

If he didn't put his hands on a woman he would not be in this situation.

not Goodell's fault these guys behave this way.  They have everything in the world and they still cannot help themselves.

If he wasn’t an NFL player, he’d be where he belongs.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I’d rather have a healthy Von as a 10-7 4 seed than be a 12-5 2-seed without Von.  I’m glad he’s missing games as it’s more likely he’ll be healthy at the end.  I’m especially happy he does not have to play on that terrible turf in NY which is the same turf he tore his ACL on in Detroit.  Detroit finally replaced theirs. 

Agreed but what i dication do you have that he's not healthy?? Looked great

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

HOW long it takes is more curious to me than FOR HOW LONG.   🤷‍♂️

For how long will you continue to correct grammar when you damn well know what he was trying to say?  Does it really piss you off that much?

• Haha (+1) 2