Von suspended for 4 games

Forgive me if it's been said already, but Solomon is our Reddick. Beane will look like a genius for this. Him and Toohill will be just fime on one side.

Edited by nosejob
Twohill...mybad

19 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Haha not exactly what I was saying. It's just crazy how game prep can be so odd. Why not run on KC with Henry. Why not stack the box against him?  At least try. I don't truly believe in the script thing but I for sure can see how people do. Look im Not a black and white guy. There is a lot of gray out there and my ears are open. 

So you think the NFL is tired of 2 time MVP Lamar Jackson and therefore possibly encouraged the Ravens coaching staff to not run Henry at the Chiefs?

I mean.....if you believed such things, of course.  But since you don't, you assume that's how it would be done, if the fix was in....?

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So you think the NFL is tired of 2 time MVP Lamar Jackson and therefore possibly encouraged the Ravens coaching staff to not run Henry at the Chiefs?

I mean.....if you believed such things, of course.  But since you don't, you assume that's how it would be done, if the fix was in....?

Ok I'm not going to put words in your mouth but I don't understand your first paragraph (telling me what I think). If the NFL were sick of Lamar, why would they say don't run Henry?  Wouldn't that mean Lamar would get the attention?  
So I think is that it's odd that they didn't run Henry much against KC. Yes. He was riding the pine much of the game and on their last drive. Now they still almost won if not for a toenail. 
these coaches out in a ton of time game planning and I'm not the only one disappointed in Buffalos plan to stop Henry and Baltimores rushing attack. Light boxes. I know we don't have big LBs. I know we didn't have many starters in the back 7. I also know that the talent level isn't what is desired but why only stack the box 8% of the time? ( per joe Marino). Bad game plan. 

look. I made a response to someone who hashtaged #scripted. I said I don't want to believe it's fixed but understand why some may think there could be influences. I still watch the NFL, the Bills and spend way too much money on the product. If I believed it was actually fixed, I'd be done with all of it. I'm not. That's the best way I can explain it. 

23 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Ok I'm not going to put words in your mouth but I don't understand your first paragraph (telling me what I think). If the NFL were sick of Lamar, why would they say don't run Henry?  Wouldn't that mean Lamar would get the attention?  
So I think is that it's odd that they didn't run Henry much against KC. Yes. He was riding the pine much of the game and on their last drive. Now they still almost won if not for a toenail. 
these coaches out in a ton of time game planning and I'm not the only one disappointed in Buffalos plan to stop Henry and Baltimores rushing attack. Light boxes. I know we don't have big LBs. I know we didn't have many starters in the back 7. I also know that the talent level isn't what is desired but why only stack the box 8% of the time? ( per joe Marino). Bad game plan. 

look. I made a response to someone who hashtaged #scripted. I said I don't want to believe it's fixed but understand why some may think there could be influences. I still watch the NFL, the Bills and spend way too much money on the product. If I believed it was actually fixed, I'd be done with all of it. I'm not. That's the best way I can explain it. 

yeah, that's the part I'd like you to flesh out a bit.  What are the influences that "could be"?  What would be their purpose?  To help the Chiefs keep winning it all (by telling the Ravens not to "run Henry" vs the Chiefs, for instance)?  Why would the league have the Ravens go easy on the Chiefs, but not the Bills?  

If the "fix" is in, what is its goal--and why would you be inclined to understand why some would harbor this particular conspiracy theory?  What about it makes some sense to you, so that you could see others believing this?

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yeah, that's the part I'd like you to flesh out a bit.  What are the influences that "could be"?  What would be their purpose?  To help the Chiefs keep winning it all (by telling the Ravens not to "run Henry" vs the Chiefs, for instance)?  Why would the league have the Ravens go easy on the Chiefs, but not the Bills?  

If the "fix" is in, what is its goal--and why would you be inclined to understand why some would harbor this particular conspiracy theory?  What about it makes some sense to you, so that you could see others believing this?

No that's the point. Idk why they would. That's what I'm saying about coaching. They put in all this time planning and that's what they came up with?  Light boxes for Henry?  My whole point this whole time is game planning is wonky. Who thinks is smart to give Henry an ave of 5.5 yards before being touched once? On the flip, if you have Henry and you're playing the SB champs. Everyone says they are 1of1, or 2 unicorns. So why limit yourself by sitting the dude. Idk what have to say. I don't truly believe in fixes. I was responding to another poster as to why I can understand that some do. I understand kids believe in Santa. Doesn't mean I do but I get it. Same applies here

21 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

No that's the point. Idk why they would. That's what I'm saying about coaching. They put in all this time planning and that's what they came up with?  Light boxes for Henry?  My whole point this whole time is game planning is wonky. Who thinks is smart to give Henry an ave of 5.5 yards before being touched once? On the flip, if you have Henry and you're playing the SB champs. Everyone says they are 1of1, or 2 unicorns. So why limit yourself by sitting the dude. Idk what have to say. I don't truly believe in fixes. I was responding to another poster as to why I can understand that some do. I understand kids believe in Santa. Doesn't mean I do but I get it. Same applies here

coaches draw up bad game plans every week.  no logic leads a concerted effort to do so.  therefore, there's really no way to understand why some may think this (of all things) might be evidence of a "fix". So when you said you understood how people could think this way it didn't make sense.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

coaches draw up bad game plans every week.  no logic leads a concerted effort to do so.  therefore, there's really no way to understand why some may think this (of all things) might be evidence of a "fix". So when you said you understood how people could think this way it didn't make sense.

True that coaches draw up bad game plans. No argument there.  I understand what you're saying too and agree with you, but I'm not going to backpedal on saying I understand the opposition to that thought. Thats the best I can give you. Drives my wife crazy and she tells me I'm always so diplomatic. I'll never assume I'm right so if your goal is to get me to admit what I'm saying is wrong then you're probably correct. What do I truly know?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Does make me wonder if his limited play count on Sunday had anything to do with this?  Either he and/or Bills knew this was coming?

Surely it would have been the other way around. If you know he is going to be out for 4 weeks, drive him into the ground in the game as he will have time to recover.

I think it more likely his lack of usage was down to the fact that we rarely got the Ravens into situations in which his pass rushing was needed. 

On 10/4/2024 at 6:08 AM, Gunvald's Husse said:

Surely it would have been the other way around. If you know he is going to be out for 4 weeks, drive him into the ground in the game as he will have time to recover.

I think it more likely his lack of usage was down to the fact that we rarely got the Ravens into situations in which his pass rushing was needed. 

Well I'm more thinking from a mental standpoint, that Millers head wasn't maybe in the right frame of mind knowing this was coming.  Add to that, with a large 2nd half lead , Ravens were mostly in a running play mode so his skills not needed as much.

It was looking like Von might be back to his old self and be able to help this D out all be it in a limited role but he was making a difference when called on to go out & play yet here the Bills are with out him once again . Why couldn't the NFL had done this last season ?

So do the Bills still have to pay him his full worth of his contract ? How does this all work ? I know he gave them a discount but how much of a discount do the Bills get for him being a DA ? This was all kept hush hush immediately after but there must have been something to the original claims or he wouldn't be out for 4 games .

Lets hope when he gets back he will be even more rested & cause a lot of havoc for other teams & maybe by then the Bills D will have a few other players back that can round them back into form for the later part of the season . 

Have any of you heard anything with any of this i sure found it as a surprise that he was out & didn't here anything about it until the beginning of the game last week .

I looked and didn't see anything as far as other posts that have talked about this & if there was my apologize ! But this is a pretty big thing i would think at the very least something to talk about unless this is a voo doo kind of subject .

I don't think he's getting paid while suspended. Nothing has been said as to why he is suspended, but it could go back to the domestic violence claim, to where the claim was dropped and no charges filed, but the NFL has its own set of judges and juries. 

No way of knowing.  The NFL typically is going to err on the side of caution and public perception in these cases, ESPECIALLY with DV. 

Like so many other things, the NFL doesn't really care, they only want to make it LOOK like they care to the public and media.

The legal system didn't feel there was a basis for charging him and in a system where DV is taken extra seriously these days, I am not going to make assumptions based on "other stuff" the NFL finds because they don't have to have the same level of "proof" that the legal system does. Or as far as I know "any" proof really.

Edited by Big Turk

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No way of knowing.  The NFL typically is going to err on the side of caution and public perception in these cases, ESPECIALLY with DV. 

Like so many other things, the NFL doesn't really care, they only want to make it LOOK like they care to the public and media.

The legal system didn't feel there was a basis for charging him and in a system where DV is taken extra seriously these days, I am not going to make assumptions based on "other stuff" the NFL finds because they don't have to have the same level of "proof" that the legal system does. Or as far as I know "any" proof really.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41208399/nfl-player-arrests-ray-rice-domestic-violence-2014

Just now, Mr Info said:

Not sure how that changes what I said...the players know the NFL is not playing with those due to it giving a "black eye" to the league in the court of public perception.  Do you honestly think the NFL actually cares?  No...just like they don't with player injuries or concussions. They just want to make it LOOK like they care.

31 minutes ago, T master said:

It was looking like Von might be back to his old self and be able to help this D out all be it in a limited role but he was making a difference when called on to go out & play yet here the Bills are with out him once again . Why couldn't the NFL had done this last season ?

So do the Bills still have to pay him his full worth of his contract ? How does this all work ? I know he gave them a discount but how much of a discount do the Bills get for him being a DA ? This was all kept hush hush immediately after but there must have been something to the original claims or he wouldn't be out for 4 games .

Lets hope when he gets back he will be even more rested & cause a lot of havoc for other teams & maybe by then the Bills D will have a few other players back that can round them back into form for the later part of the season . 

Have any of you heard anything with any of this i sure found it as a surprise that he was out & didn't here anything about it until the beginning of the game last week .

I looked and didn't see anything as far as other posts that have talked about this & if there was my apologize ! But this is a pretty big thing i would think at the very least something to talk about unless this is a voo doo kind of subject .

They lowered his base salary in the offseason with incentives, so i assume this was partially requested by his agent to offset monetary loss.  The teams good with it because it created cap space without having to push money into next year (unless he hits incentives).  

Just now, US Egg said:

Apparently Miller was wrongly accused twice of DV.

What are the odds of that?

See i thought the 2nd one she just refused to testify so you don't really have a case.