Von suspended for 4 games

RoscoeParrish

11 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Im pretty sure this voids his guarantees outside the signing bonus. Cap gurus, does this give the Bills breathing room in 2025?

Why would an incident that occurred in 2023 that the team knew about void guarantees in his contract signed in 2024

I don't disagree that the allegations against Miller are appalling (obviously), but why are some acting disgusted now that a suspension has been handed down? This stuff has been known for a while but the discussion around Von has mainly been about the football productivity side.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Lol, so the renegotiation wasn’t necessarily as altruistic as it seemed at the time.

to be fair, in no scenario was he getting 17m

he took the guaranteed number which was more than he’d get elsewhere at this stage. It was prorated in a bonus to benefit both sides- lower cap hit this year and more cash for him 

8 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I don't disagree that the allegations against Miller are appalling (obviously), but why are some acting disgusted now that a suspension has been handed down? This stuff has been known for a while but the discussion around Von has mainly been about the football productivity side.

We wanted him suspended last year when he was complete trash, now he's been productive so we need him on the field.

8 minutes ago, buffblue said:

It was similar with Kareem Hunt or Ray Rice.  The charges were known, but all the sudden a video comes out, and everyone is appalled.  Didn’t the charges speak for themselves, without people needing to see the videos?

1 hour ago, Savage said:

Why would a team that values “ high character “ want this POS back?

It’s not his first time.

I did say I was looking only at the practical side.

As for him being a POS.  Here's what I know.  She said he put his hands on her neck for 3-5 seconds, pulled her hair, and tried to shove her.   Minor abrasions seemed to back up her version of events.  Von said her accusations are "100% false."  The police decided not to press charges. 

She later recanted: "No one assaulted anyone."  

I hate he said/she said stories because I'm not sure who to believe.  The Duke Lacrosse team and Matt Araiza, for example, were screwed by false accusations that people found credible.  Brian Banks spent time in prison when falsely accused of rape.  

I was once married to a woman who was angry at me over a dream she had (I'm not kidding).  After yelling at me for a while, she started hitting and scratching herself.  Both confused and concerned, I asked her what she was doing.  She said she was going to call the police, say I assaulted her, and ruin my career.  I was in the army at the time and the army has little patience for off-duty misbehavior by its officers.   

The moral of these stories: sometimes accusers lie.  

That's why this country used to believe in the concept of "innocent until proven guilty."  Maybe we should go back to that.

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I didn't want him from the day they signed him if that helps.

2 minutes ago, PoundingDog said:

Well, his sack incentives are now in jeopardy. Maybe the NFL is doing the Bills a favor.🤐

has anyone ever racked up 16.5 garbage time sacks?

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Why would an incident that occurred in 2023 that the team knew about void guarantees in his contract signed in 2024

reduced playing time hence less opportunity to reach miles stones

That Man had best be possesses when he get back on the field

35 minutes ago, buffblue said:

comparative timing of discipline

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

I did say I was looking only at the practical side.

As for him being a POS.  Here's what I know.  She said he put his hands on her neck for 3-5 seconds, pulled her hair, and tried to shove her.   Minor abrasions seemed to back up her version of events.  Von said her accusations are "100% false."  The police decided not to press charges. 

She later recanted "No one assaulted anyone."  

I hate he said/she said stories because I'm not sure who to believe.  The Duke Lacrosse team and Matt Araiza, for example, were screwed by false accusations that people found credible.  Brian Banks spent time in prison when falsely accused of rape.  

I was once married to a woman who was angry at me over a dream she had (I'm not kidding).  After yelling at me for a while, she started hitting and scratching herself.  Both confused and concerned, I asked her what she was doing.  She said she was going to call the police, say I assaulted her, and ruin my career.  I was in the army at the time and the army has little patience for off-duty misbehavior by its officers.   

The moral of these stories: sometimes accusers lie.  

That's why this country used to believe in the concept of "innocent until proven guilty."  Maybe we should go back to that.

Yes,

a guy will always pay for a woman’s accusation, whether true or false, even if you choose to associate with a person of low character / unsound mind.

but….