Von suspended for 4 games

4 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Lol, so the renegotiation wasn’t necessarily as altruistic as it seemed at the time.

Everyone knew that a suspension was possible in the near future. It really doesn’t come as any surprise. Seems like the renegotiation worked for both sides . 

23 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Honestly will anybody notice he's missing?

Yes. He has been good this season. He has been our most consistent pass rusher, I am pretty sure (sacks in 3 of 4 games played).

When I heard about this news, combined with Shakir possibly playing through a high ankle sprain, I am not liking our chances against the Texans, who are getting players back, in contrast. 

side note…. Has anyone else noticed how EVERY TIME the bills get significant piece(s) back into the lineup, we LOSE an important player around the same time??  We will likely have Taron and/or Bernard back, so we lose Miller.  

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

Just imagine how good we will be for the next 5 years when we get rid of all the dead weight between Diggs and Miller

Do you have any confidence we are going to spend that money wisely?

7 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I just hate how logically inconsistent the NFL is when they hand this stuff down. 

Watson had dozens of women coming forward saying that he sexually and physically abused them, civil suits all over the place, only 11 games.

Von has one DV allegation that is dropped and that's 4 games? How does that make sense?

I'm not saying Von shouldn't be suspended even, just that the punishment is so ridiculously inconsistent that it's like they're pulling numbers out of a hat.

Tyreek Hill is out there trying to commandeer ships and getting in fistfights and nothing happens.

Why is this even hard for them?

4's a lot less than 11, and there's a big difference between fistfighting another male and beating a female. 

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Is what it is. Maybe Von will appeal and get it reduced some.  Get it done and over with.  Better now than in the final stretches of the season or playoffs when we might really need him.

I hope we need his garbage time contributions. It will mean we’re winning big. 

This guy has been toast since we signed him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Maybe it's been mentioned already in the last 12 pages but I don't see it 

I know he forfeits moved from games checks while out. I'm wondering, does this void any future guarantees he has? I.E. can we cut after the season with no dead cap hit now?

14 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The real issue is that one is DV and the other isn't. You can be suspended for DV charges without a conviction; you can't be suspended for reckless driving/endangerment without a conviction. The league is very, very conscious that ~40 percent of their viewership is female and they have some PTSD from Kareem Hunt, Ray Rice, etc. etc.

It wasn't DV.

True.  But had Miller been charged, they likely would have waited until the legal case played out to suspend him.  Likewise, if the cops had (hypothetically) not charged Rice, the league would have just suspended him. 

44 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Maybe it's been mentioned already in the last 12 pages but I don't see it 

I know he forfeits moved from games checks while out. I'm wondering, does this void any future guarantees he has? I.E. can we cut after the season with no dead cap hit now?

I believe his guaranteed money has already been paid out.  The Bills can release him after the season but would still have some dead cap due to signing bonus being spread out.  It's nowhere near the dead cap of trading Diggs.  The upcoming draft has some good DEs.  IIRC about 8 DEs have 1st rd grades.  It would be nice to get a good DE on a rookie deal.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Every other team would get some sort of appeal here and probably not miss games for months. Are we just going to be the guy that can’t figure that out?

We would just delay his suspension later into the year when the games are more important. Just get it over with now and have Miller healthy for the playoff run/playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Every other team would get some sort of appeal here and probably not miss games for months. Are we just going to be the guy that can’t figure that out?

I believe it’s up to the player not the team. 

Also this is not Vons first run in with domestic violence. But it is under the leagues most recent rules around suspensions. There might be a chance that Von it doesn’t get reduced based on previous incidents. And in that case it’s still a 4 game suspension kicked down the road.

10 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I just hate how logically inconsistent the NFL is when they hand this stuff down. 

Watson had dozens of women coming forward saying that he sexually and physically abused them, civil suits all over the place, only 11 games.

Von has one DV allegation that is dropped and that's 4 games? How does that make sense?

I'm not saying Von shouldn't be suspended even, just that the punishment is so ridiculously inconsistent that it's like they're pulling numbers out of a hat.

Tyreek Hill is out there trying to commandeer ships and getting in fistfights and nothing happens.

Why is this even hard for them?

Politics.

If you haven't already, watch the undercover video of the Commanders VP of Content talking about the league and how all this stuff is for show. Nobody actually cares.

https://apnews.com/article/washington-commanders-enteen-employee-suspended-05bd97f3aa1d40b836ae93759b360252