Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It’ll be hilarious if we acquire him after his comments against the fanbase fairly recently😆

We’d all be right there to welcome him with open arms!

(Unless he goes to the jets, then F him 😂)

Edited by Blank Stare

The Bills have us tamed like trained Seals. Were so use to Beane crying no money/Cap, we just automatically just sing the GM's tune! The Bills have become the Pittsburgh Pirates of Football. A team full of dumpster dives. Most of the teams considering Adams also have big time QB's and have cap issues. Our WR room is pathetic, and Shakir is now hurt, Who's the next man up Hollins/Samuel? That's a joke. Bills are just wasting another year of Allen's prime. Bills could easily be 3-3 in two weeks, and looking up at the Jet's. By then Adams will be gone, and Bills fans will be in a panic. They better protect Claypool. He may be our next best option. I see this season slipping away... On merit.     

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

My son is watching that receiver documentary right now.

Adams seems 100% wanting to win a championship before he is done.  I don't think he really cares as much about touches as he does winning

You need to keep watching.  Early episodes it looks like the way you say but as the series progresses you see D Adams is a real prima donna.

You see his ridiculous press conference where when the Raiders won, Adams couldn't contain his displeasure of not getting enough targets.  You see Adams say he gave his approval for a QB change.  And Adams implies he gave his permission and recommendation for the coach change.  Early impressions of D Adams takes a dramatic change in this series and he comes off as a real douche.

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

32 years old. 

his cap hit is  $25m this year, $44m next year and $45m in 2026. 

Of course the Raiders want to trade that contract. 

nuf said, me thinks

So you agree with me that it seems unlikely the Bills can afford him?

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

So you agree with me that it seems unlikely the Bills can afford him?

In the case of Adams, I dont want Beane to make the same mistake as with Von Miller - paying a lot for an almost over the hill player. Much as I want Adams' talent on this team, I much rather go after the more affordable 1-2 year rental in Hopkins. 

I have a hard time believing we're talking about trading for an aging disgruntled receiver after we...traded away an aging disgruntled receiver.   So we're gonna pay big contracts for two divas instead of one?   Sounds like a recipe for success 😄

Bottom line, Beane fumbled the draft by not getting more weapons for Josh, and we should have kept Diggs if we're gonna go full circle into just trying to replace him with the same thing.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Lost said:

I have a hard time believing we're talking about trading for an aging disgruntled receiver after we...traded away an aging disgruntled receiver.   So we're gonna pay big contracts for two divas instead of one?   Sounds like a recipe for success 😄

Bottom line, Beane fumbled the draft by not getting more weapons for Josh, and we should have kept Diggs if we're gonna go full circle into just trying to replace him with the same thing.

Yeah we spent the offseason transitioning from high-priced, aging vets to get younger, and now we're going to bring in a high-priced, aging vet? Adams best years are in the rear view mirror. Some of the takes in this thread are lunacy.

• Thank you (+1) 1