Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It depends on the year. The Rams did it at a good time. In my opinion, there are no dominant teams this year. There are a lot of good teams. 

It's Week 6...

The best teams get hot at the end of the year. The Chiefs looked just as human last season around this time. The year before that, they were beatable in the regular season too. End of the year Chiefs are a different animal.

While I'm not ready to say that we can't be a team like them who become a juggernaut at the end of the year (like we were last year, until we ran into the Chiefs), I'm also not ready to say after the past two games that this team is a Davante Adams with a hammy injury away from winning it all.

"All In" moves like LA's with Von came when the team was rocking and rolling to take them over the top. The first 3 games (against bad teams), that looked like us. But seeing what Baltimore and Houston did to us (and how other teams have fared against them), I don't know how you can say this is a one piece away, Super Bowl contending team right now - which is what quantifies an "All In" move.

Right now, it's more like pushing all your chips into the pot with a pair of 10's.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's Week 6...

The best teams get hot at the end of the year. The Chiefs looked just as human last season around this time. The year before that, they were beatable in the regular season too. End of the year Chiefs are a different animal.

While I'm not ready to say that we can't be a team like them who become a juggernaut at the end of the year (like we were last year, until we ran into the Chiefs), I'm also not ready to say after the past two games that this team is a Davante Adams with a hammy injury away from winning it all.

"All In" moves like LA's with Von came when the team was rocking and rolling to take them over the top. The first 3 games (against bad teams), that looked like us. But seeing what Baltimore and Houston did to us (and how other teams have fared against them), I don't know how you can say this is a one piece away, Super Bowl contending team right now - which is what quantifies an "All In" move.

Right now, it's more like pushing all your chips into the pot with a pair of 10's.

I don’t totally disagree but there are signs of dominance earlier in the year. Last year at this time Baltimore looked dominant as did SF. The point differentials tell the story. The Steelers currently lead the AFC with a +38 (Bills next at +36). The NFL leaders are the Vikings at +63 (the graphic below says +61 but using ESPN) with the aforementioned Lions next at +60. 

I’m not sure that the Bills are an Adams away. That conversation was about Detroit making the move, not the Bills. With Hutchinson out, that may change how close they are (although they’re one of the bigger favorites still). There are a bunch of teams that could add an elite player and catapult from contender to favorite this year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t totally disagree but there are signs of dominance earlier in the year. Last year at this time Baltimore looked dominant as did SF. The point differentials tell the story. The Steelers currently lead the AFC with a +38 (Bills next at +36). The NFL leaders are the Vikings at +63 with the aforementioned Lions next at +60. 

I’m not sure that the Bills are an Adams away. That conversation was about Detroit making the move, not the Bills. With Hutchinson out, that may change how close they are (although they’re one of the bigger favorites still). There are a bunch of teams that could add an elite player and catapult from contender to favorite this year.

Ah, my apologies, I was flipping through quickly and figured you were talking about us.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t totally disagree but there are signs of dominance earlier in the year. Last year at this time Baltimore looked dominant as did SF. The point differentials tell the story. The Steelers currently lead the AFC with a +38 (Bills next at +36). The NFL leaders are the Vikings at +63 (the graphic below says +61 but using ESPN) with the aforementioned Lions next at +60. 

The Bills are going to the playoffs. They just need a 4 game winning streak. I'm not even thinking about anything but the post season. Just 4 wins.

• Like (+1) 2

from dianna russini's article yesterday.

One last Jets-related item: New York is still having conversations with the Las Vegas Raiders about a trade for wide receiver Davante Adams. The receiver won’t be active this weekend against the Steelers because of a hamstring injury. The Saints, Steelers and Bills are also in touch with Vegas. As it stands, the Raiders haven’t moved their asking price off a second-round pick. They also want the team acquiring him to pay the entirety of Adams’ remaining 2024 salary. Something will give.

NFL owners are in Atlanta for the fall league meeting on Tuesday. We’ll see if Raiders owner Mark Davis tries to get the deal done himself!

tuesday sounds like a great day to work a trade to send von miller to detroit when the suspension is over. 

54 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

One last Jets-related item: New York is still having conversations with the Las Vegas Raiders about a trade for wide receiver Davante Adams. The receiver won’t be active this weekend against the Steelers because of a hamstring injury. The Saints, Steelers and Bills are also in touch with Vegas. As it stands, the Raiders haven’t moved their asking price off a second-round pick. They also want the team acquiring him to pay the entirety of Adams’ remaining 2024 salary. Something will give.

NFL owners are in Atlanta for the fall league meeting on Tuesday. We’ll see if Raiders owner Mark Davis tries to get the deal done himself!

tuesday sounds like a great day to work a trade to send von miller to detroit when the suspension is over. 

The idea that they want a 2nd without taking on salary is preposterous.

I'd be good giving up a 2nd - but the Raiders have to take on that salary.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Success said:

The idea that they want a 2nd without taking on salary is preposterous.

I'd be good giving up a 2nd - but the Raiders have to take on that salary.

You're talking about a man who is lacks so much self-awareness he goes out in public with that bowl cut. Evidently the resistance is coming straight from him. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

You're talking about a man who is lacks so much self-awareness he goes out in public with that bowl cut. Evidently the resistance is coming straight from him. 

Maybe his new barber costs the same as Davante’s salary? 

The man just wants to look good for once. 

bigherm-lil-ol-me.gif

57 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

So if we traded for him after this week his cap hit would be about 10.3 mil. Is there any contract we could rework to get an extra 7 mil? If we take on the money I’d rather get him for a third that becomes a second if we make the Super Bowl or something 

I'm guessing if we trade a player or two in the deal, maybe you free up 3-4 million.  Then it would be a matter of restructuring a few players

I believe that can be done if we want it enough

I personally still don't expect it. 

4 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

I'm not sure that trading Von helps us in the playoffs.  He has looked like a difference maker often enough to expect him to impact a game in a big moment.

Our pass rush still needs all the help it can get. 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

DeVante is not worth the gamble, the money nor the headache. 

The money is the least of the risks, there’s only so much we can throw his way the rest of this season anyway due to the cap.  And I think the risk of a headache this season is low, because he has to approve whichever team he signs off with.  The biggest gamble is the draft capital we would have potentially give up, in lieu of the one-year rental to try and make a Super Bowl run.  I do like some of the ideas of making the pick conditional (ie 2nd round if we win the Super Bowl, 3rd otherwise - something like that).

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Lions took a huge hit losing their stud

DE for the year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

The Lions took a huge hit losing their stud

DE for the year.

Monumental loss.  He’s a true game wrecker.  The door is open for a title if we can add a piece and don’t lose any significant pieces.  Other contenders will suffer injuries that will hurt their chances as well.  

Keep grinding 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

DeVante is not worth the gamble, the money nor the headache. 

disagree.  SB Teams have elite players.  Adams is still elite at what he does.  Currently, we have very few elite players 

There is almost ABSOLUTE ZERO chance of this WR Group prevailing against SF, DET, MIN, Etc in a Super Bowl 

Not to mention... KC 

The one thing Diggs used to have here was a nasty edge.

That is currently missing in the WR room IMO.   Adams plays fiery  

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

disagree.  SB Teams have elite players.  Adams is still elite at what he does.  Currently, we have very few elite players 

There is almost ABSOLUTE ZERO chance of this WR Group prevailing against SF, DET, MIN, Etc in a Super Bowl 

We aren't a Super Bowl team with him and at that point you have to then ask, is this the guys we want as our coveted #1 WR or do we wait until the offseason when a lot more possibilities are available? 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Dislike 1