Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It might be …we don’t know what it is yet …

The Bills have to pay an “all you can eat “ fee as well this time 

We don’t know what it is, but we do that it’s currently too high.

In the long run, unless the raiders cave, i think there are other less costly WRs that likely make more sense 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I get it, but just don't necessarily agree with that team-building philosophy.

If you're going to give up resources that are likely to make it harder for you to maintain a team for a long-term run in favor of short-term glory, I wouldn't want to do it just to stack a single position that is so dependent on multiple other positions to succeed.

Meh, who dares wins. Their QB is probably their most "dependent" piece in that offense. I don't feel like they are gonna be "contenders" for the next 4 years regardless of what they do, Goff is gonna be 30 tomorrow.  Do you think they have several more years of deep runs?  I feel like I see them sorta like that Cousins Vikings team that was a perennial "good but not good enough" team.

Another star wideout gives them injury insurance as well. As of right now, they are a twisted ankle out of St. Brown to be in serious trouble.

The Rams took their shot in a weak NFC and have had some down years comparably, but the ring lives forever.

I agree, you are sacrificing the future. And that's scary. But that's the game lol.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We don’t know what it is, but we do that it’s currently too high.

In the long run, unless the raiders cave, i think there are other less costly WRs that likely make more sense 

Ok .. that’s your opinion… in respect of the other receivers …ithe asking price is currently too high .. but they haven’t paid it .. 

The point I’m trying to make is that the draft capital is normally only part of the price that a team has to pay  … but this time there is no commitment to take on his  bloated salary in 2025 when he is even older 

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Meh, who dares wins. Their QB is probably their most "dependent" piece in that offense. I don't feel like they are gonna be "contenders" for the next 4 years regardless of what they do, Goff is gonna be 30 tomorrow.  Do you think they have several more years of deep runs?  I feel like I see them sorta like that Cousins Vikings team that was a perennial "good but not good enough" team.

Another star wideout gives them injury insurance as well. As of right now, they are a twisted ankle out of St. Brown to be in serious trouble.

The Rams took their shot in a weak NFC and have had some down years comparably, but the ring lives forever.

I agree, you are sacrificing the future. And that's scary. But that's the game lol.

In that conference, yeah I do think the Lions have an opportunity to play for multiple SB appearances going forward.

Goff doesn't take hits and is a young 30 and much of their talent is on the younger side.

The biggest danger they might face is their own success costing them good coaches.

Daring takes more than one form. Holding your water for a bigger prize down the road takes courage too.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Ok .. that’s your opinion… in respect of the other receivers …ithe asking price is currently too high .. but they haven’t paid it .. 

The point I’m trying to make is that the draft capital is normally only part of the price that a team has to pay  … but this time there is no commitment to take on his  bloated salary in 2025 when he is even older 

I mean….he hasn’t been traded yet.  So it’s too high.  If it weren’t too high, then someone would’ve traded for him.  NFL teams are telling the raiders it too high.  

there is commitment in 2024….. 13M of space that we don’t have, no?  

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Simon said:

In that conference, yeah I do think the Lions have an opportunity to play for multiple SB appearances going forward.

Goff doesn't take hits and is a young 30 and much of their talent is on the younger side.

The biggest danger they might face is their own success costing them good coaches.

Daring takes more than one form. Holding your water for a bigger prize down the road takes courage too.

This is as wide open as any year in recent memory. They are about to be 4-1. Why do they have to wait on the bigger prize? They can absolutely win now. If they added Adams, they’re the favorite in the NFC.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is as wide open as any year in recent memory. They are about to be 5-1. Why do they have to wait on the bigger prize? They can absolutely win now. If they added Adams, they’re the favorite in the NFC.

I think they're still the favorite without giving up assets to add Adams.

And I don't think they need to "wait" on anything; they can win now and have a better chance of winning more later by keeping a steady hand on the tiller and not making a move for short term gain they don't really need.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I mean….he hasn’t been traded yet.  So it’s too high.  If it weren’t too high, then someone would’ve traded for him.  NFL teams are telling the raiders it too high.  

Yes … I literally said the current asking price is too high … 

I also previously implied with the “all you can eat” comment that the  Bills will have to pay more draft capital to allow for this ..

Seens we agree on more things than not? 

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yes … I literally said the current asking price is too high … 

I also previously implied with the “all you can eat” comment that the  Bills will have to pay more draft capital to allow for this ..

Seens we agree on more things than not? 

Ok sorry-  wasn’t sure you were referencing with “ok, that’s your opinion”. 👌 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think they're still the favorite without giving up assets to add Adams.

And I don't think they need to "wait" on anything; they can win now and have a better chance of winning more later by keeping a steady hand on the tiller and not making a move for short term gain they don't really need.

Tomorrow isn’t promised. It’s wide open this year. It’s a great year to push your chips in like the Rams did. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Tomorrow isn’t promised. It’s wide open this year. It’s a great year to push your chips in like the Rams did. 

Is it ever really a great year to push your chips in when you still have to beat Reid and Mahomes to take the pot?

It's just a matter of personal preference. I'm willing to take the gamble of doing "less" in an effort to win multiple SB's while other folks are willing to take the gamble of doing more to increase the chances of winning one. 

I'd be hesitant to declare either way objectively right or wrong.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Is it ever really a great year to push your chips in when you still have to beat Reid and Mahomes to take the pot?

It's just a matter of personal preference. I'm willing to take the gamble of doing "less" in an effort to win multiple SB's while other folks are willing to take the gamble of doing more to increase the chances of winning one. 

I'd be hesitant to declare either way objectively right or wrong.

It depends on the year. The Rams did it at a good time. In my opinion, there are no dominant teams this year. There are a lot of good teams. 

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I wouldn't doubt if Beane is slow rolling this. Keeping an eye what the asking price is and what teams are offering. Every week that goes by is less owed to Adams and less to negotiate the Raiders to pay. Also, Raiders lose bargaining power every week since teams obviously aren't out to break the bank, which also drives the trade compensation down. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BananaB said:

If Beane could get a deal done for Crosby and Adams giving up the picks probably be well worth it. Chances are Beane will spend another 3 or 4 day 1 or day 2 picks trying to find a pass rusher. 

I’d do the first, maybe even a 2025 1st & 2026 2nd for Max alone tbh

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

If Beane could get a deal done for Crosby and Adams giving up the picks probably be well worth it. Chances are Beane will spend another 3 or 4 day 1 or day 2 picks trying to find a pass rusher. 

I think we’d be SB bound with this move.

• Awesome! (+1) 1