Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't have an issue with the compensation of a 2nd, we have an extra one.  I question he will be content and happy in our style of offense where he isn't being fed the ball constantly.   

I think winning and a fresh start will do enough to keep him behaved here during the short remainder of his career.

Everyone shouting DIGGS! DIGGS! forgets he was a literal angel here 2 years minimum; happy to have a top qb and win some games.

Dudes 32. It's not like we're marrying the dude fresh outta HS. Can proli play at high level 2 more years, figure it out then. Willing to pay proper compensation via picks, if they're fully committed to starting rebuild and eating cap dollars they don't need anyways. 🤷‍♂️

If you have a coach staff/locker room culture that can't hold up a top talent with a poor attitude for 2 years, you don't have a culture anyways. These malcontents reset their tantrum clock each time they change teams. See Diggs in 2020. See Diggs in 2024. 

See T.O. in Dallas post SF. I'm sure there's a million I'm not bothering to remember 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

START at both our 2nd Round Picks?

For a 32 year old WR that we'd either be renting for one season (as his money beyond this year isn't guaranteed) or signing to a new massive contract - that would cost way more than both Rookies that we'd have for at least 4 years? Plus more?

That's madness. 

no a second and then a later pick maybe one of our comp picks. Rams traded a second for von miller and won the Super Bowl. 70 mil of his contract is in final two years of his deal so I don’t know how the void years work but maybe you add those on so he doesn’t have a 44 mil cap hit next year?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Logic said:

Pushing all of the "will they, won't they" noise and opinion to the side...

I just have on question: Can the Bills financially afford to bring in Adams? Are there any realistic levers they can pull to fit him under their salary cap this year? As far as I can tell, his base salary is $16million this year. I'm not super tuned into all the nuances of player contracts, but that seems impossible for the Bills to pull off. 

If they wanted to make it happen then they could find a way to do it.  Beane doesnt do this type of thing though. He goes after mediocre players like Hines.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Let the perennial losing teams make the big splash trades.

You mean like the 49ers or the Rams?

29 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Adams has wanted to be traded since last season. Screaming it from the Sidelines even. The Raiders haven't budged.

Now a report comes out that they'd "consider" it if their price is met. They've never been desperate to move him and I don't think they're desperate now, or at least not yet.

Asking for a 2nd plus more straight up and moving him for just a 2nd while also eating the amount it would take to make it work for us is a rather large differential. And it would also take no one offering more than a 3rd. Our 2nd is viewed as essentially a Top 3rd Round pick, regardless of last week.

The head of Spotrac was just on WGR and he said The Commanders make the most sense to him if he's moved. They can take on his contract as is and will most likely have a better 2nd than either of our 2nds. They also are doing better than they probably expected to this season and their weapons are lacking even worse than ours.

He asked for a trade. 

There are certainly other teams in play. Don’t get hung up on the “asking price” though. He may go for less than that. I think they get a 2nd to eat salary and a 3rd if not. They might require a 1st from KC. Washington makes sense. The Jets make sense. The Chiefs make sense. The Ravens make sense. The Bills make sense. There are others too but I don’t think any of them make a ton of sense.

The Bills clearly planned on having Diggs this year.  

Trading a 2 for Adams so that LV eats the salary would essentially be swapping out Diggs for Adams… and Adams is a better player right now. 

Still would be painful to give up given how great we look cap-wise/draft pick-wise after this season.

But if they think this team, once healthy and now apparently off suspension, can win it all…. You don’t want to regret wasting a year of Allen’s prime. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

It sucks to give up draft picks bc beane has been hitting on them recently. 

He had a good 2022 draft. The rest, he may have gotten one decent player and a bunch of jags. The only true game changer he ever drafted was Allen. Adams is a game changer. He isnt getting someone like that with a 2nd round pick. He never has. Cook is close but its just a RB and he isnt a game changer like Henry or Adams.

Edited by Scott7975

It's silly to purposely avoid a great receiver due to some "everybody eats" mantra.  Better receivers = better than.  Everyone eats works better with a star level player added.

If it's a cap or compensation issue, fine.  If the jets, chiefs, or Ravens add him, I'm going to be sick

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, PauleeeWalnuts said:

The Jets make the most sense here given his relationship with AR. Bills have no money to add him even if they could pull off the trade. 

I'm not quite sure the Jets would be an ideal place for Adams, from Adams' perspective, it would be a lateral move. Both the Raiders and Jets aren't really considered deep playoff runners, let alone SB contenders

I know people are floating the Amari Cooper and Davante Adams trades, and would be short term fun.  They are both still playing well enough, amd their respective teams are going nowhere. The next step is affordability.

Both, I believe can work, but given age at 30 and 31, these are rentals for maybe two years.  I just don’t know if this is in Beane’s plan.

Id love to have one proven guy and neither is playing with top flight QB’s.  I’d like one of them if can happen as it makes Shakir and Kinkaid’s jobs easier.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No cap room. Unless you want to reduce Adams P5 by converting to a signing bonus and being tied to more dead money to an aging Me first WR. 

the smart move if a WR is wanted. 

send a 4th to CLE. Take cooper and his 996K remaining cap hit. 

I'd rather Amari. I think he'd shine with Josh. His work ethic be damned. Our locker room would cure that