Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

By the same token, if the Bills beat the Jets, there will be less pressure to make a move. It seems clear the Bills want to make it through this season without further addressing the WR room.  They had all offseason and had to know this is what they had all along. 

What team is built to be in blowouts?  KC is able to deal with it the best, but only because of Mahomes. 

Then why were they still involved in trade talks other teams were listed as “out”?  

I don’t agree with the bolded.  Beans is always looking to upgrade at the right price

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

By the same token, if the Bills beat the Jets, there will be less pressure to make a move. It seems clear the Bills want to make it through this season without further addressing the WR room.  They had all offseason and had to know this is what they had all along. 

What team is built to be in blowouts?  KC is able to deal with it the best, but only because of Mahomes. 

That wasn’t my point so you tell me…

But since you asked, an opposite to the Baltimore team would be our Bills over the last few years.  Team was literally built for having a lead where the opponent was more often than not forced to be in a passing situation. 

Really, they had to know this is what they had? Last year they had Sherfield and Harty starting over Shakir, did they know then? How about when they handed Davis and McKenzie starting jobs only to go sign Brown and Beasley in late in the season because hoping to get mor stability, they know then? How about doubling down on Davis, blaming his bad hands on a bum ankle. This staff seems ***** clueless at times, this is just another example. 

I’ve been told multiple times this year that the Raiders are asking for a second and that some of the offers that are coming in, I cannot say this loud enough, have been in the range of a fourth,” Yahoo and FOX Sports host Jason Fitz said this week on Raider Nation Radio’s The Morning Tailgate.

17 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Here is what I was just told

Again, this person is not a Bills fan, has good connections and has never lied to me

So FWIW

“It’s back on but now it’s a game of chess. Allen talked to Adams, Adams has changed his mind and wants to go. The issue now is Vegas getting greedy and trying to get a better package” 

No disrespect, but this “story” or source seems to just adjust based on the rumors of the day.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Notwithstanding our potential interest in Adams, given our cap situation and ownership of the Raiders not looking to retain salary, I just can't see the Bills as a serious contender for Adams.  Having said that, another reason that it would be great to soundly beat the Jets is that it can only help push this possibility forward if Adams cares more about playing for a winning team instead of someone he has played with before (i.e., Carr or Rogers).

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Then why were they still involved in trade talks other teams were listed as “out”?  

I don’t agree with the bolded.  Beans is always looking to upgrade at the right price

Are they in a cap position to make a significant move?  What could they do to free up enough space to sign someone like Adams?  Just because the rumor mill is churning and media outlets are stoking it to generate views and revenue, doesn’t mean the Bills are seriously considering a move. Their track record is to sign broken down guys off the couch to address mid-season needs. 

3 hours ago, BananaB said:

Really, they had to know this is what they had? Last year they had Sherfield and Harty starting over Shakir, did they know then? How about when they handed Davis and McKenzie starting jobs only to go sign Brown and Beasley in late in the season because hoping to get mor stability, they know then? How about doubling down on Davis, blaming his bad hands on a bum ankle. This staff seems ***** clueless at times, this is just another example. 

You can know you have garbage and still try to make it work. It seems pretty clear that’s what’s been happening ever since Josh got here, other than the Diggs trade. For whatever reason, WR seems to be a position group that the Bills don’t put much value on. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DaVinci said:

If Im bean and I really want Davis I would gladly part with a 2cnd if the Raiders retain a consideral amount of salary.

That’s likely the hold up and why the reports are that teams are only offering day 3 picks… Raiders want to get a rounds 1-3 draft pick and the trading team eat the salary. 

There’s a few teams who could easily eat the salary but are choosing not to do so on top of a draft pick. 

That, for now, bodes well for Buffalo if they truly are exploring the acquisition of Adams. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

You can know you have garbage and still try to make it work. It seems pretty clear that’s what’s been happening ever since Josh got here, other than the Diggs trade. For whatever reason, WR seems to be a position group that the Bills don’t put much value on. 

I think Beane cheaps out hoping Allen can make up for it. He believes those players will hit their peak instead of their average. They had Shakir for two TCs and a full season and still started Harty and Sherfield over him. They are clueless with some personal decisions 

10 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I think Beane cheaps out hoping Allen can make up for it. He believes those players will hit their peak instead of their average. They had Shakir for two TCs and a full season and still started Harty and Sherfield over him. They are clueless with some personal decisions 

I don’t think they are clueless, but there has to be some rationale for those types of decisions. Maybe practice performance suggests mistakes will be made in games, or attitude adjustments need to be made, or contractual promises were made…..could be a lot of reasons other than stupidity.