Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

9 hours ago, GreggTX said:

$65 million dead cap space says stick with the plan and draft a WR next year. Interior OL and Edge are also high priorities. We want to sign youth, not guys that are starting to fade. Let's be honest. That dead cap space means this is not our year. Stick to the plan.

100 percent. We were bamboozled with the 3-0 start and blowouts. 

Let’s just go 10-7 win the east so McD can polish his next afc east trophy. And hopefully pick in the low 20s

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Not clear Adams can slow down Derrick Henry

if we are up two touchdowns I bet they give him many fewer touches

i know a thing or two about complimentary football and if you are going to have undersized linebackers and ed Oliver — you probably want an explosive offense, not one that’s grinding out games. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Another lost day of waking up and Adams still hasn’t been traded to the Bills. 

The raiders are gonna milk it as long as they can 

32 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

What about Oliver, Milano, Bernard and Taron?

Because Henry ran all over the injured Bills, they shouldn’t improve their poor passing game?

I get the injuries are no excuse thing to a point, but if multiple injuries force Nicholas morrow or aj klein onto the field you’ve probably got a valid excuse haha 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

The latest news seems to be that the trade is paused because of the uncertainty surrounding the Jets- coaching uncertainty and their desire to meet the asking price for him.  

The Jets are / were Adam's main destination and taking away that option stalls the process.  

If the Jets get smacked around on MNF he might not want to play there. And if the reverse happens… same.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, The Helmet of said:

If the Jets get smacked around on MNF he might not want to play there. And if the reverse happens… same.

I find it hard to believe the game outcome has anything to do with the trade. All sides are waiting it out, hoping someone will cave.

The only way I can see the game outcome having an influence is if there’s a fan revolt because of the WR performance, and that really only is an issue with Buffalo. I wonder if Beane will be able to withstand the blowback if the WR group has a similar performance as the Texans game. 

It’s really on Josh to make it work like the first three games.  He should be able to elevate those guys to at least be workable. 

26 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I find it hard to believe the game outcome has anything to do with the trade. All sides are waiting it out, hoping someone will cave.

The only way I can see the game outcome having an influence is if there’s a fan revolt because of the WR performance, and that really only is an issue with Buffalo. I wonder if Beane will be able to withstand the blowback if the WR group has a similar performance as the Texans game. 

It’s really on Josh to make it work like the first three games.  He should be able to elevate those guys to at least be workable. 

Davante supposedly wants to win wherever he goes.  If we smack the Jets around WITHOUT some of our key players, I think it really helps our case for Davante to join us over the Jets.  It’d be clear we’re the bigger contender to take down the Chiefs.

That said, maybe the Jets up the ante for what they’re offering to Vegas then, so who knows…

Edited by strive_for_five_guy

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

if we are up two touchdowns I bet they give him many fewer touches

i know a thing or two about complimentary football and if you are going to have undersized linebackers and ed Oliver — you probably want an explosive offense, not one that’s grinding out games. 

Baltimore are a great team but are built to be in close games or ones they have a lead. 

46 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Davante supposedly wants to win wherever he goes.  If we smack the Jets around WITHOUT some of our key players, I think it really helps our case for Davante to join us over the Jets.  It’d be clear we’re the bigger contender to take down the Chiefs.

That said, maybe the Jets up the ante for what they’re offering to Vegas then, so who knows…

By the same token, if the Bills beat the Jets, there will be less pressure to make a move. It seems clear the Bills want to make it through this season without further addressing the WR room.  They had all offseason and had to know this is what they had all along. 

46 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Baltimore are a great team but are built to be in close games or ones they have a lead. 

What team is built to be in blowouts?  KC is able to deal with it the best, but only because of Mahomes. 

9 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

By the same token, if the Bills beat the Jets, there will be less pressure to make a move. It seems clear the Bills want to make it through this season without further addressing the WR room.  They had all offseason and had to know this is what they had all along. 

What team is built to be in blowouts?  KC is able to deal with it the best, but only because of Mahomes. 

Beane didn’t inquire about Adams, enough for Raiders reporters to list is in the top four, just to be so reactive that  win over the Jets and he says “ah, nevermind, we’re fine”.  

Likewise, a loss probably wouldn’t change his stance on what he’s willing to offer.  

He knows we need to add a WR & He likely will at some point before the deadline. 

The difference between doing something in-season vs the off-season is 1) salary and 2) some players will become available in-season that weren’t prior. 

Edited by SCBills

53 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

On the other hand if the Bills beat the Jets they're sitting pretty in the Division and might not want to give up the store for an older WR in a reloading year where they have a good chance of winning the East and getting a first round playoff game.

We might be facing a paradox where a Bills win makes them more attractive to Adams but makes the Bills need of Adams less pressing.  While a Bills loss with another game of bad WR play might make them desperate to land Adams.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

On the other hand if the Bills beat the Jets they're sitting pretty in the Division and might not want to give up the store for an older WR in a reloading year where they have a good chance of winning the East and getting a first round playoff game.

We might be facing a paradox where a Bills win makes them more attractive to Adams but makes the Bills need of Adams less pressing.  While a Bills loss with another game of bad WR play might make them desperate to land Adams.

Totally agree.  Even if we beat the Jets, I hope Beane would still realize we haven’t been able to get over the hump of beating the Chiefs in the playoffs and got beat pretty handily by the Ravens a couple weeks back.  So if we can land Davante for a reasonable deal, this team still needs more firepower to beat the league’s elite and it’s worth the risk

13 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Do you blame them? 

If the team they're trading with wants vegas to eat the cap space then vegas might as well wait, they are paying davante anyways and teams will continue to be desperate. 

True.. but if eating cap is part of the deal, there’s a very real chance a team offering a 2, becomes a team offering a 3, as we get closer to the deadline. 

Especially when more teams are willing to offload WR’s if their season goes south.