Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

I hear obj was activated for Mia. Any chance we “snag” him for a 2nd rounder ? That’s inclusive of course to take McDaniel as part of the trade and make him OC. 

Can you say championshipppppp….. the sight of McDaniel bombed and high along the parade route in downtown Buffalo after we win the Super Bowl? Priceless 

Edited by balln
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

If they trade with the Raiders it'll probably be for Shorter ... He knows the offense 😎

That is definitely a McD move. Let’s face it, we trade for Adams and he might know the playbook well enough to play by April. March if we are lucky

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

That is definitely a McD move. Let’s face it, we trade for Adams and he might know the playbook well enough to play by April. March if we are lucky

February works for me 

Where’s Road Sodas when we need him 

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

‘Highly difficult home run throw’ LOL. It was a comically wide open post route for like 30 yards on a drive that was like pulling teeth where we fought for every inch.  An absolute layup where Dawkins got ragdolled into him as he was throwing.  Y’all are too much.  If the protection was good I would hit that throw…of course I’d be dead if I got sacked though 🤣

Where is this trading Samuel business coming from? They’re not gonna sell low like that.  Heck Shakir only had 4 catches on 4 targets through 6 weeks last season 

Home run if he catches it, but Diggs was wide open about 12 yards out in the middle of the field for an automatic first down and then we get three more downs where we weren't that far from the end zone after that play. Taking the higher probability easy first down would have made it much more realistic in possibly scoring rather than going for a more difficult pass to complete and a higher chance of it going incomplete.

DB's were blanking a lot of the wide receivers in the end zone and of course the opportunity for somebody to get in the backfield and disrupt Josh was more probable, which is exactly what happened as he held onto the ball too long rather than taking an easy first down and getting the ball out of his hands quicker with Diggs wide open.

Once he had that lay up first down, now he has three to four more downs and he can take a couple shots in the end zone without being one and done... he would have had three or four more tries if needed!!! Much smarter decision making by doing just that and a much higher probability of winning the damn game, which is what we wanted to do obviously, but that's not what Josh did unfortunately and what transpired sadly.

The same ending per usual, just a different year whether it's the Chiefs or the Bengals... stupid decision making at the end of the the most important games during the playoffs that really count, which has been a perpetual theme of McDermott's teams and heartbreaking as a long time fan!

And even though I think it would be bad value from a cap standpoint and what we'd have to give up for Davante Adams, if we only gave up maybe a third rounder, I guess I would be more inclined to be semi okay with it depending on what the cap implications were once we adjusted his contract and how many more years we ended up being attached to him, he's already 32 years old. We have enough dead cap and bad contracts already.

I don't trust Beane with negotiating any type of contracts like this, especially if they also include trading draft capital. We are usually on the losing end of those types of trades where we're in a bind and in a situation that should have been solved a long time ago, but now he's pressured to do something because of the obvious lack of addressing these issues for years and he gives up too much or pays too much... or both!

Remember all the big name receivers in free agency that apparently everyone wanted like OBJ who the Bill's would have overpaid for like other contracts Beane has negotiated, OBJ has done nothing (a name and nothing more, passed his prime with way too many injuries historically)!

Same with DeAndre Hopkins who has done better, but nothing to write home about and he would have been extremely expensive. Looking back obviously, if we did obtained either of those guys, it would have probably done very little for us in moving the needle, yet the Bill's would have been stuck with more bad contracts on older players for a few more years.

Not really what we need, we need to draft young fast wide receivers and we should have been doing that for the last 7 years as I've said ad nauseam given the talent that Josh possesses with the time he's here. Beane has criminally under invested in weapons for him unfortunately.

I would prefer to use the two 2nd rounders in draft capital to take a shot at a couple young fast wide receivers or bundling one or two to move up in the first round to get in a better position to draft someone that has a higher probability of succeeding short & long term (although there are no sure bets for certain in any round but the higher the round, the higher the probability of success typically) where we know we have that wide receiver or receivers on a low cap number for quite a few years and someone who's much younger. 

• Like (+1) 4

Here is what I was just told

Again, this person is not a Bills fan, has good connections and has never lied to me

So FWIW

“It’s back on but now it’s a game of chess. Allen talked to Adams, Adams has changed his mind and wants to go. The issue now is Vegas getting greedy and trying to get a better package” 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Here is what I was just told

Again, this person is not a Bills fan, has good connections and has never lied to me

So FWIW

“It’s back on but now it’s a game of chess. Allen talked to Adams, Adams has changed his mind and wants to go. The issue now is Oakland getting greedy and trying to get a better package” 

Your guy’s connections didn’t tell him that the Raiders moved to Vegas?

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If the raiders eat some cap, is go a 2nd or a 2nd and a 4/5 for Adams.  I don't think they get more than that.

I'd also like dk Metcalf or amari cooper id Adams can't happen.

Imo Adams is a superior wr to diggs, and particularly for what the bills need.  Adams is dominant on the outside, and lets you move Coleman around, if they wake up it can put Samuels in good positions, and if you throw in Shakir and kinkaid then all of a sudden you have a real passing threat all over the place.  Adams in place of hollins and mvs on those two plays to the left side that went no where vs Houston gets you points and you walk away 4-1 and humming.

• Agree 2

$65 million dead cap space says stick with the plan and draft a WR next year. Interior OL and Edge are also high priorities. We want to sign youth, not guys that are starting to fade. Let's be honest. That dead cap space means this is not our year. Stick to the plan.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GreggTX said:

$65 million dead cap space says stick with the plan and draft a WR next year. Interior OL and Edge are also high priorities. We want to sign youth, not guys that are starting to fade. Let's be honest. That dead cap space means this is not our year. Stick to the plan.

Who’s year is it? If the Bills added Adams, who can’t they beat? 

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1