Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

Just now, SCBills said:

Because of 13 seconds, McDermott failures in the postseason will always be amplified, but it is also true that we’ve had incredibly bad injury luck at the worst possible time… year in/year out. 

The Chiefs health in January is a very underrated aspect of their Super Bowl runs. 

Bills Defense turns into a mash unit yearly and are constantly without key guys in the postseason.    

The one year the Bengals stayed healthy, they beat them.   Then the following year had a walking wounded OL that got exposed.  

Ravens have Lamar, who in the playoffs just isn’t good enough.  

Combined with the fact they’ve had plenty of WC bye weeks thrown in there. 

Feeling like that 1 seed hope for us is probably already gone, but all of this plays into their success.   Maybe if we beat the Jets and trade for Adams, ill

feel like it’s still within reach. 

Most of the chiefs reign of terror I get the feeling they could’ve found a way to win missing a few impact players but last year just felt like the healthiest team come playoff time won to me and now their luck is evening out.   I don’t think the bills and dolphins could’ve combined defenses and fielded a great one at that point and the chiefs got those two teams back to back 😂

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Most of the chiefs reign of terror I get the feeling they could’ve found a way to win missing a few impact players but last year just felt like the healthiest team come playoff time won to me and now their luck is evening out.   I don’t think the bills and dolphins could’ve combined defenses and fielded a great one at that point and the chiefs got those two teams back to back 😂

True, but the Chiefs are 5-0 because, unlike us, they win a game like the one we just had against the Texans. 

And, yea, they have injuries at WR, but they are 100% trading for one.   They’ve just built up a cushion and can wait for the best deal as we get closer to the deadline.   Probably Cooper for a 5th or something. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Billl said:

Brown is a good example.  The Cardinals didn’t give up much of anything for DHop.  They sent the corpse of David Johnson and a second round pick for Hopkins and a fourth rounder.  Even then they didn’t have much success with him.

I’m not saying it’s necessarily a bad move, but it’s they type of move that the teams shipping out the player have benefitted from more often than not.

I agree - I think most teams making that "splash" receiver move are expecting something they dont actually get - immediate superstar elevating play.

When it comes to the Bills - If you can bring in Adams for a 4th I wouldnt be against it as long as it didnt carry long term cap implications.  I also wouldn't sit here and expect him to be a 1,000 yard 10 TD guy in the last 12 games of the year...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills!Win! said:

We have to get to 100 pages to find out we won’t get Adams. That’s how it was with Hopkins and OBJ

I was going through all the Hopkins stuff again and it sounds like it was us not wanting Hopkins in the end.  He probably would’ve come here if it was only up to him  

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Yea...not wanting to pay him the $$$

A lot of those nfl insider types said we were worried what would happen with diggs when hopkins took targets from him 

may be just speculation but it’s pretty plausible now that we see what happened with Diggs lol. This was pre us knowing about all this complicated diggs stuff  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

46 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I don’t believe this team is a Super Bowl contender with or without Adams.  Thats why i lean towards not making the move.  

The pressure is due to defenses loading the box. The OL should be fine, I hope Torrence will play well again. If we have a stud like Adams or Hopkins, we have sufficient weapons to keep defenses honest. Maybe not a SB contender with one player added, but we should be able to deep in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

We are paying $30 plus million for Diggs, yet we don't have the player to play, we just signed Samuels to a 3 year deal of $30 million ($15 guaranteed) and we are now going to trade him away after ONE YEAR as well because the genius coaching staff couldn't figure out how to use him properly... AND also lose a 2nd round pick for a 32 year old injuried wide receiver who's not that fast either! We're paying $120 million for defensive end that rarely plays year after year.

How many incompetent moves is Beane going to make by being wrong with the players he already obtained or traded for or let go, over paying for them and then getting rid of the player for nothing that moves the needle... or eating the entire horrible contract???

I mean we just extended Diggs and paid him more money and then got rid of him shortly afterwards and have to eat that whole contract within a year, how idiotic can you be and then there's the Von Miller debacle. Eventually you kind of question the decision making here because over the years a lot of things are starting to add up that don't make a whole heck of a lot of prudent sense and you start to question his ability and competence (including McDermott).

And Josh has to start learning and playing better as well, he's making the same stupid decisions often times that he's made every year. You would think at this point, he would be a little bit more savvy with quite a bit of experience in the league at this stage and know when to take the first down versus the home run play, take the easier open play that may result in less yards but continues to move us forward or maybe take the check down and eventually get us three additional downs rather than going for the home run hit. For example, like he did in the Kansas City playoff game when Diggs was completely wide open for the first down in the middle (and we would have had three more Downs and tries for a touchdown), yet he goes for the highly difficult home run throw in the end zone for a touchdown and if you don't hit on that one play, at that point the game, it's over & we lose. He had much better odds of winning the game if he would have took the easier and higher probability play for the first down. One shot or go home versus three more tries and probably win!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

So you guys probably listen to WGR IN THEIR “Let’s get stupid” bit, how about redo every deal to signing bonuses to almost everyone and get both Adams and Cooper.  I told you stupid, but we have those two and Dhakir with Kinkaid, and we are off to the races.  Like I said stupid.  The cool thing is Cooper by the trade deadline would only be $600,000 so affordable, and we’d have to do a multi year deal at least two to three for Adams as one voidable year and wala, we go deep in the playoffs.

I told you stupid.

And for the record, I'm at the top of the mountain screaming for premier wide receivers every year in the draft or even in a trade if it makes sense and he's not over the hill or has a huge attitude problem. I just don't think Davante Adams based on what we'd have to give up for him, how old he is and his cap numbers even if we restructured it, would make the best sense at this point in the season.

Would he make us better on offense, absolutely! Could it end up being the missing piece and all that we would need, probably not.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

So you guys probably listen to WGR IN THEIR “Let’s get stupid” bit, how about redo every deal to signing bonuses to almost everyone and get both Adams and Cooper.  I told you stupid, but we have those two and Dhakir with Kinkaid, and we are off to the races.  Like I said stupid.  The cool thing is Cooper by the trade deadline would only be $600,000 so affordable, and we’d have to do a multi year deal at least two to three for Adams as one voidable year and wala, we go deep in the playoffs.

I told you stupid.

I would 100% be okay with this as long as they didn't give away too many picks to make it happen. A 2nd or 3rd for Adam's and 5th for Cooper? Sign me up!

Rework their deals in the off-season if it worked out, if not, they are FAs. Keep focusing on stscking the offense and let McDermott figure out the defense. 

9 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I told you stupid.

So you’re talking to yourself?

Just now, US Egg said:

So you’re talking to yourself?

Leggo Eggo, I’m somewhat kidding, but we need weapons.  That is Coopers hit at the trade deadline based on what the Browns have already paid.

5 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

I would 100% be okay with this as long as they didn't give away too many picks to make it happen. A 2nd or 3rd for Adam's and 5th for Cooper? Sign me up!

Rework their deals in the off-season if it worked out, if not, they are FAs. Keep focusing on stscking the offense and let McDermott figure out the defense. 

Jeremy’s bit is Let’s get stupid.  That’s all.  I was pretty clear amd also half kidding.  It would be transformative if they could make it happen amd just clean out a number of the scrubs on the team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Watch highlights of Curtis Samuel last years vs this year.

The guy is still dealing with an injury. 

Fans ignore lingering injuries that are not immediately obvious and give up on players too soon. 

I watched them, I seen him run past the line of scrimmage a lot more than what Brady is using him for. Not sure how you can blame it on injury, he’s just in a terrible roll right now.

1 minute ago, JBI$111 said:

We are paying $30 plus million for Diggs, yet we don't have the player to play, we just signed Samuels to a 3 year deal of $30 million ($15 guaranteed) and we are now going to trade him away after ONE YEAR as well because the genius coaching staff couldn't figure out how to use him properly... AND also lose a 2nd round pick for a 32 year old injuried wide receiver who's not that fast either! We're paying $120 million for defensive end that rarely plays year after year.

How many incompetent moves is Beane going to make by being wrong with the players he already obtained or traded for or let go, over paying for them and then getting rid of the player for nothing that moves the needle... or eating the entire horrible contract???

I mean we just extended Diggs and paid him more money and then got rid of him shortly afterwards and have to eat that whole contract within a year, how idiotic can you be and then there's the Von Miller debacle. Eventually you kind of question the decision making here because over the years a lot of things are starting to add up that don't make a whole heck of a lot of prudent sense and you start to question his ability and competence (including McDermott).

And Josh has to start learning and playing better as well, he's making the same stupid decisions often times that he's made every year. You would think at this point, he would be a little bit more savvy with quite a bit of experience in the league at this stage and know when to take the first down versus the home run play, take the easier open play that may result in less yards but continues to move us forward or maybe take the check down and eventually get us three additional downs rather than going for the home run hit. For example, like he did in the Kansas City playoff game when Diggs was completely wide open for the first down in the middle (and we would have had three more Downs and tries for a touchdown), yet he goes for the highly difficult home run throw in the end zone for a touchdown and if you don't hit on that one play, at that point the game, it's over & we lose. He had much better odds of winning the game if he would have took the easier and higher probability play for the first down. One shot or go home versus three more tries and probably win!

‘Highly difficult home run throw’ LOL. It was a comically wide open post route for like 30 yards on a drive that was like pulling teeth where we fought for every inch.  An absolute layup where Dawkins got ragdolled into him as he was throwing.  Y’all are too much.  If the protection was good I would hit that throw…of course I’d be dead if I got sacked though 🤣

Where is this trading Samuel business coming from? They’re not gonna sell low like that.  Heck Shakir only had 4 catches on 4 targets through 6 weeks last season 

• Like (+1) 1