Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

13 minutes ago, Beast said:

We just got rid of Diggs. Trading for Diggs Jr. makes no sense.

Keep the draft capital. A wide receiver is not putting the Bills over the top.

I think it does actually…the defense held up pretty well mostly with a ton of scrubs out there I think they’re got a chance to be great when taron returns.  

also we probably want a sure thing and don’t want to gamble on a rookie at this point and free agency is lookin pretty light on proven outside wrs that are younger than Adams anyway.  At this point in both their careers I think Adams is significantly better than Diggs at what we would use him for.  

Diggs is well rounded but isn’t a huge standout at one particular thing…he’s physical but not super physical, fast but not super fast,good at making contested catches but not great (seemed to tail off as the season progressed in this category)  now that he’s start to hit the downswing he’s pretty easy for someone like the chiefs to completely lock down without doubling with their suspiciously grabby and not often penalized db coverage 🤣

I probably wouldn’t do it for just a half year rental but if he wanted to hang around a few years I’d give it a serious look 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Nah. This team has issues. Allen has already been beaten up in 3 of 5 games. There will be more injuries. Bank on that. There is no sense in making a trade to try to win a Super Bowl this season. Finish the season out the best they can and figure things out in the off-season.

And why do you think Allen has been beaten up 3/5 games?

The last two games, how have teams played us?  What is the reason they can play us that way?

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

I don’t believe this team is a Super Bowl contender with or without Adams.  Thats why i lean towards not making the move.  

My main concern right now, is that the lack of weapons is going to get Allen killed. He's gotten crushed, 2 weeks in a row. 

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I don’t believe this team is a Super Bowl contender with or without Adams.  Thats why i lean towards not making the move.  

Not picking on you here, because I don’t think you’re alone (and, honestly, sometimes I feel this way too because I remain uninspired by McD), but who can’t the Bills beat in this watered down and wide open AFC? Yeah, Chiefs, Ravens, and Texans are all playing well and ahead of us now in the standings, but not one of them do I think we can’t beat. And that’s with a healthy current roster. We add a legit #1 WR, that’s only going to help. 

3 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

My main concern right now, is that the lack of weapons is going to get Allen killed. He's gotten crushed, 2 weeks in a row. 

The offensive line has been awful over the last two weeks as well.  They can’t figure out pressure schemes at all 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

If the chiefs had rice/hollywood brown still it might recompute things for me but they’re probably as beatable as they’re ever gonna be and the bengals have dug themselves a huge hole early.

ravens with Bernard/t johnson/possibly Milano back should be a lot closer of a game.  

its mostly wide open imo.  Overall, qbs are getting hammered by blitzes at a much higher rate than usual so a lot of our issues so far are being experienced at least to some degree by other teams 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Blank Stare said:

Not picking on you here, because I don’t think you’re alone (and, honestly, sometimes I feel this way too because I remain uninspired by McD), but who can’t the Bills beat in this watered down and wide open AFC? Yeah, Chiefs, Ravens, and Texans are all playing well and ahead of us now in the standings, but not one of them do I think we can’t beat. And that’s with a healthy current roster. We add a legit #1 WR, that’s only going to help. 

Problem is beating good teams constantly which i don’t think they can in the playoffs.  I don’t think they have the players or coaching staff to do it.  

Edited by GolfandBills

14 minutes ago, Beast said:

He’s worse than Diggs, actually. This will be the second team he has become a malcontent with as well as the shoving of a cameraman after a game. Diggs doesn’t have that in his bio.

Was he a malcontent in GB? He refused to sign an extension because of the Aaron Rodgers situation and the uncertainty of their QB situation moving forward.

In LV, he signed an extension there based on his relationship with Carr and wanting to play with him. LV benched Carr after like 14 games of them playing together and treated Carr like trash on his way out so that McDaniels could sign Jimmy G, which was an utter failure. Now he's playing with Minshew and Aiden O'Connell. One could argue that LV has been dishonest with him almost from the jump. For a WR with only a few prime years left, I think he's justified in wanting out of there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GolfandBills said:

Problem is beating good teams constantly which i don’t think they can in the playoffs 

Especially on the road. McDermott doesn't have one road win the playoffs during his time here. Jags, Texans, Chiefs (2).

8 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

AJ Brown

DHop to Arizona wasn’t terrible

i think circumstance matters.  A team who is established at other positions but weak at receiver can take a big step with an addition (think AJ brown to Philly).  A deal when you don’t have a QB and expect a WR to elevate your team is a bad idea

Brown is a good example.  The Cardinals didn’t give up much of anything for DHop.  They sent the corpse of David Johnson and a second round pick for Hopkins and a fourth rounder.  Even then they didn’t have much success with him.

I’m not saying it’s necessarily a bad move, but it’s they type of move that the teams shipping out the player have benefitted from more often than not.

Just now, GolfandBills said:

Problem is beating good teams constantly which i don’t think they can in the playoffs 

If they can’t beat the chiefs this year come playoff time might as well blow the whole thing up cuz it’s never gonna happen 😂. They have been whiffing at OT moves for years now and lost two good wrs.  Seems like their insane injury luck last year is coming back down to earth 

and I don’t think you can really punt on a year where the chiefs have holes like that especially if we’re trading for the kind of player we’d pick up in FA next year anyway 

I'm not sure this team is a WR away from winning a super bowl but I'm also in favor of pushing further and further in while Josh Allen is in his prime. He's going to get killed back there if they don't get a WR who can create put some fear into a defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I personally still don't believe it will happen....really want to be surprised though 

I think the raiders are probably asking for too much trying to capitalize on teams desperation and they’ll likely end up keeping him…seems like that’s usually how these things go down 

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Problem is beating good teams constantly which i don’t think they can in the playoffs.  I don’t think they have the players or coaching staff to do it.  

Fair and hard to argue with you there based on what McD has proven when rubber meets the road in the playoffs. He’s always been my concern there. I guess I’d always just hoped we’d accumulate enough talent to overcome McD’s questionable coaching in big games. So much so that even he couldn’t screw it up. But, alas, that obviously hasn’t happened and Beane hasn’t held up his end of the bargain in the impact player and salary cap management department. 

18 minutes ago, Beast said:

Nah. This team has issues. Allen has already been beaten up in 3 of 5 games. There will be more injuries. Bank on that. There is no sense in making a trade to try to win a Super Bowl this season. Finish the season out the best they can and figure things out in the off-season.

The biggest issue right now is teams have figured out they don’t have to play two high against us and can come screaming downhill without any fear of us making them pay for it.  Samuel, to date, has been a complete waste of money.  Shakir being hurt is probably the biggest injury thus far.  Scantling is useless, Coleman is a rookie still figuring things out, and we have a problem right now at WR.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Fair and hard to argue with you there based on what McD has proven when rubber meets the road in the playoffs. He’s always been my concern there. I guess I’d always just hoped we’d accumulate enough talent to overcome McD’s questionable coaching in big games. So much so that even he couldn’t screw it up. But, alas, that obviously hasn’t happened and Beane hasn’t held up his end of the bargain in the impact player and salary cap management department. 

I think we probably had that scenario last year but that avalanche of LB injuries killed us.  Aj klein was basically a practice squad level player at best at that stage thrown in to a very important position that we couldn’t hide.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think we probably had that scenario last year but that avalanche of LB injuries killed us.  Aj klein was basically a practice squad level player at best at that stage thrown in to a very important position that we couldn’t hide. 

Because of 13 seconds, McDermott failures in the postseason will always be amplified, but it is also true that we’ve had incredibly bad injury luck at the worst possible time… year in/year out. 

The Chiefs health in January is a very underrated aspect of their Super Bowl runs. 

Bills Defense turns into a mash unit yearly and are constantly without key guys in the postseason.    

The one year the Bengals stayed healthy, they beat them.   Then the following year had a walking wounded OL that got exposed.  

Ravens have Lamar, who in the playoffs just isn’t good enough.  

Combined with the fact they’ve had plenty of WC bye weeks thrown in there. 

Feeling like that 1 seed hope for us is probably already gone, but all of this plays into their success.   Maybe if we beat the Jets and trade for Adams, ill

feel like it’s still within reach. 

• Like (+1) 1