Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

48 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Better not be us

Depends on how it plays out. 

Trading a ton and then inking a new long term deal.. yea, doesn’t make a ton of sense.  

Trading one of our second round picks and maybe a day 3 pick, for the Raiders to eat his salary and then (maybe) we rework his deal for the next year or two if he’s willing or just use him as a rental this year with no cap ramifications in the future and I’m all on board. 

We were supposed to have Diggs this year.  

Instead we now have no Diggs, his accelerated cap hit and a RD2 pick. 

If the Raiders eat his salary for that pick, we essentially upgraded at WR this year.  

Adams In 2024 >>> Diggs in 2024

We’d still have issues if we kept Diggs because he’s a slot receiver now.  We don’t have a need for a slot receiver when Shakir is in the lineup.  

We desperately need an outside guy this year as Coleman develops and then we can either bring back Adams or go get another outside guy next year.  

But our defense is on track to be full strength later this season (knock on wood) and on offense, we’re missing a Davante Adams.   It’s not like he’s a piece but we have multiple glaring holes.  No, outside WR is the glaring hole.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I would be hard pressed to think of a team giving them a 2nd for a 32 year old WR who seems to be getting injured at an increasingly frequent rate the last few years.

Rumors here are that Raiders haven’t gotten any offers better than a 4th rd pick:

https://www.raidersbeat.com/host-shares-what-he-is-hearing-on-the-raiders-top-trade-offers-for-davante-adams/

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

https://x.com/M__Greco/status/1844753597210214737

FWIW I dont believe this person is legit, but, they do have a website. 

Horrible trade value. If Brady can't figure out how to use Samuel all of a sudden, he's probably not going to be able to figure out how to use Davante Adams and then we're giving away a second round pick as well? Ridiculous if that was reality and what happens!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JBI$111 said:

Horrible trade value. If Brady can't figure out how to use Samuel all of a sudden, he's probably not going to be able to figure out how to use Davante Adams and then we're giving away a second round pick as well? Ridiculous if that was reality and what happens!

Watch highlights of Curtis Samuel last years vs this year.

The guy is still dealing with an injury. 

Fans ignore lingering injuries that are not immediately obvious and give up on players too soon. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, JBI$111 said:

What?  

Adams is a traditional outside WR.  

Samuel is a guy that is either always hurt and/or we can’t figure out how to use.  

If that’s all it takes, I’d pull the trigger yesterday.  And it gets us out of the Samuel contract?  Sign me up.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Beast said:

We just got rid of Diggs. Trading for Diggs Jr. makes no sense.

Keep the draft capital. A wide receiver is not putting the Bills over the top.

Please kindly explain how Davante Adams is "Diggs Jr", because I legitimately have no idea what it's supposed to mean.

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

62 pages and still nothing.

I wouldn’t say “nothing”

This isn’t us inhaling hopium based off zero evidence 

We’re listed as interested by a Raiders reporter

A former player with knowledge of the situation told Kay Adams to watch out for the team that rhymes with “Shmills”

Davante Adams randomly decided to follow Josh Allen on IG last night 

Of course, none of this means it’s happening .. but there’s clearly bread crumbs out there that it might. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

https://x.com/M__Greco/status/1844753597210214737

FWIW I dont believe this person is legit, but, they do have a website. 

There’s no way we’re sending a player lol. I think people just wildly guess at trade predictions and then if they’re right by some dumb luck they get more followers thinking they’re legit 

7 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Watch highlights of Curtis Samuel last years vs this year.

The guy is still dealing with an injury. 

Fans ignore lingering injuries that are not immediately obvious and give up on players too soon. 

Adams is injured as well!!! Which makes it even more absurd!

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Please kindly explain how Davante Adams is "Diggs Jr", because I legitimately have no idea what it's supposed to mean.

He’s worse than Diggs, actually. This will be the second team he has become a malcontent with as well as the shoving of a cameraman after a game. Diggs doesn’t have that in his bio.

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

We just got rid of Diggs. Trading for Diggs Jr. makes no sense.

Keep the draft capital. A wide receiver is not putting the Bills over the top.

So what is?  Because WR, once healthy, is our only real glaring hole outside (perhaps) Safety. 

If you are of the opinion we can’t win with McDermott, then I guess there’s no point in following this team right now. 

As far as “Diggs jr” goes… dumb analogy.  Adams can still play outside at a high level.   Diggs cannot.  We saw it last year when Diggs faded in Brady’s offense and, once again, did nothing against the Chiefs .. and we saw how the Texans used him, even after Collins went out and their Offense turned into dust. 

Edited by SCBills

Just now, SCBills said:

So what is?  Because outside WR, once healthy, WR is our only real glaring hole outside (perhaps) Safety. 

If you are of the opinion we can’t win with McDermott, then I guess there’s no point in following this team right now. 

As far as “Diggs jr” goes… dumb analogy.  Adams can still play outside at a high level.   Diggs cannot.  We saw it last year when Diggs faded in Brady’s offense and, once again, did nothing against the Chiefs .. and we saw how the Texans used him, even after Collins went out and their Offense turned into dust. 

You’re telling me not to follow this team right now?

Get over yourself.

Just now, Beast said:

You’re telling me not to follow this team right now?

Get over yourself.

Im not in love with McDermott either, but your post reads as if the reason we aren’t a WR away is because of more overarching issues .i.e. McDermott.  And well, he’s not going anywhere, so…

If I’m wrong, tell me what else this team

needs to be a Super Bowl contender?

Defense has guys injured/suspended, but all are projected back at some point this season. 

Offense has JA, a solid OL, James Cook at RB, good TE’s, a good slot WR in Shakir, a decent young WR to play a role in the Offense with Coleman and then some guys who are decent depth.. 

They are missing a legitimate outside WR.   And it doesn’t need to be Adams, but Adams is clearly the best (rumored) available outside WR talked about. 

4 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

A stud outside WR will significantly move the needle for the Bills. 

Nah. This team has issues. Allen has already been beaten up in 3 of 5 games. There will be more injuries. Bank on that. There is no sense in making a trade to try to win a Super Bowl this season. Finish the season out the best they can and figure things out in the off-season.

2 hours ago, Billl said:

When has trading major assets for an expensive WR ever worked out?  Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Hollywood Brown…  I’m sure I’m missing some, but Stefon Diggs is probably the most successful example of it, and even that ended poorly.

AJ Brown

DHop to Arizona wasn’t terrible

i think circumstance matters.  A team who is established at other positions but weak at receiver can take a big step with an addition (think AJ brown to Philly).  A deal when you don’t have a QB and expect a WR to elevate your team is a bad idea

• Thank you (+1) 1