Raiders are open to trading Davante Adams

HappyDays

1 minute ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I physically dont think it's possible to trade him with the cap hit. Plus LV wouldnt take on more salary and eat Davante's just for a 2nd. 

I agree- it would be tough, I think we would have to offer more than a 2nd for them to take the cap hit- But the longer this drags on it does make me wonder what's happening-It would seem both sides just want to move on from each other as soon as possible. 

But I still think Beane could or should be looking at some other options if available as well.

17 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

They have the least cash of any team in the league, every week that passes they have to pay his 800k+ salary. The Raiders are not getting the 2nd they want and not retaining salary. Several online talking heads are saying the current offers out there are only 4s.

Samuel is on this team til 2026 with the way his contract is structured. We cannot take on a 15M dead cap hit trading him this year. 

Uh actually we could depending if that $ is already accounted for and how much space it creates with a trade

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

When has trading major assets for an expensive WR ever worked out?  Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Hollywood Brown…  I’m sure I’m missing some, but Stefon Diggs is probably the most successful example of it, and even that ended poorly.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

If I'm looking at this right, Samuel's guaranteed $ was due at signing and already paid.  So the dead cap is already accounted for 

image.thumb.png.9e793f8b39012a220f1573b336b77a57.png

His cap hit is $3.4 for this year.  Would that then become available space in a trade? 

This is similar to when we traded Diggs, his dead cap was 27 million or whatever....but the $ was already paid and accounted for

It was not additional $ against the cap for this year, or a very small amount 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Sorry but the Raiders thinking they can get more than a 2nd even if they eat salary is just incorrect thinking. That's just not the going price. Yeah sure you can do a 2nd and 6th for Adams and a 7th but a 1st or like a 2nd and 3rd just isn't realistic. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Billl said:

When has trading major assets for an expensive WR ever worked out?  Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Hollywood Brown…  I’m sure I’m missing some, but Stefon Diggs is probably the most successful example of it, and even that ended poorly.

Eh - I don't think all circumstances are similar.

Given the quality of play around the league, the Bills have a shot this year - but not w/ their current WR corps. That will be an Achilles Heel all season long unless they do something.

Either trade for an upgrade and give yourself a chance - or maintain the status quo, and probably look at another early exit in the playoffs.  Adams would make a huge difference for this team.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If I'm looking at this right, Samuel's guaranteed $ was due at signing and already paid.  So the dead cap is already accounted for 

image.thumb.png.9e793f8b39012a220f1573b336b77a57.png

His cap hit is $3.4 for this year.  Would that then become available space in a trade? 

This is similar to when we traded Diggs, his dead cap was 27 million or whatever....but the $ was already paid and accounted for

It was not additional $ against the cap for this year, or a very small amount 

The way i'm reading it on overthecap, trading Samuel saves 1.68M this season and just under $4M on next year's cap

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BrooklynBills said:

The way i'm reading it on overthecap, trading Samuel saves 1.68M this season and just under $4M on next year's cap

Thanks for clarifying!  So it would be very surprising considering he was just signed....but it wouldn't hurt us with the cap 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Billl said:

What do we mean by “expensive”?

Bills won’t be taking on much salary, because we can’t, so it would be picks for a cheap one year rental (unless we rework a longer deal with him). 

Feels like the Chiefs will be doing something similar at some point.   I.e.  Amari Cooper or someone. 

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It's of course possible the Bills and Raiders had agreed to a deal and then Adams said he didn't want to go to Buffalo....

so Josh Allen reached out.... and perhaps persuaded him

*disclaimer partially my opinion / guess  + things I was told 

Does your "source" have any update? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It's of course possible the Bills and Raiders had agreed to a deal and then Adams said he didn't want to go to Buffalo....

Keep talkin bro....

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Was there more that you’ve been told, since you were told that the deal was off?

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Thanks for clarifying!  So it would be very surprising considering he was just signed....but it wouldn't hurt us with the cap 

heck, if we are never going to use him correctly, which is mind blowing that he could be better in DC, perhaps trade him to free up cap next year.  could use that money to extend Cooper if he is the guy we get?  

29 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Told by who?  Everyone should be calling Adams.  Why wouldn't he want to come here.  Seems rediculous a top WR would not want to come to a team playing primetime games with a top QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Sorry but the Raiders thinking they can get more than a 2nd even if they eat salary is just incorrect thinking. That's just not the going price. Yeah sure you can do a 2nd and 6th for Adams and a 7th but a 1st or like a 2nd and 3rd just isn't realistic. 

I would be hard pressed to think of a team giving them a 2nd for a 32 year old WR who seems to be getting injured at an increasingly frequent rate the last few years.

Just now, Big Turk said:

I would be hard pressed to think of a team giving them a 2nd for a 32 year old WR who seems to be getting injured at an increasingly frequent rate the last few years.

a top performer getting injured.  Fits right in here ;)

5 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

To this day I think Hopkins was on his way here until greed got the best of him.   

Now L's, crappy QB play, and age get the best of him

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Have you never watched a Mafia movie?  You can still recruit and give orders in jail.  

Von don’t strike me as the mafia type. Really doesn’t have that Irish or Italian look to him.